Thread: NEEDED: Steam reviews ASAP

NEEDED: Steam reviews ASAP

In order to make the upcoming Steam Visibility Round as successful as possible, we need some recent reviews. If a game is well-reviewed (and recently) it will gain more attention in a Visibility Round.

If you've always wanted to help but aren't sure how, please leave a review on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/35...ace_Continuum/

(See below, a game that ended up in my Recommended and Discovery Queue. Unlike Continuum, it has several recent reviews. We've had maybe 4 in the last year.)

"You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Can I leave a review on Poid?
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Everyone should leave a review. Start messaging people in-game and people in your squad to leave reviews.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Did this back when the game first launched on Steam.

Everyone who has 1 to 2 minutes to spare and cares should do this.
    Violence> lag cheating niggir
    JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
    JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
    mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
    mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick
    Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

I would like to leave a Review for Qan, instead of using paint to put a red circle around recent, circle the entire line instead for ease of reading, I give that red circle a 1/5 star review.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

I did it, where's my cookie?

I posted this in another thread that no one has responded back to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixador View Post
    My observations since I've been playing this game nearly 16 years ago is this; TWD kept the zone thriving, not pub. Even now, when there is nothing competitive happening, the numbers hang around 70-80 players during peak times. When TSL or TWDT is happening those numbers nearly double, it's been this way when we had multiple publics and 1000's on at a time. I think to fix pub, we need to fix TWD. Unfortunately we are seriously pigeon holed by numerous circumstances like the inability to fluctuate to the current times as far as changes to pub/leagues and the inability to change core mechanics because no one "owns" this game and is locked into it functioning a certain way (dos codes and dead zones). This game desperately needs an overhaul in terms of functionality, it is overly complicated by 2017 standards. Just creating an account/ship is enough to overwhelm new players, then they have to crawl through several dead zones before they figure out there is really only 2 active at a time (TWD/EG. Sometimes Hockey). Count any newcomers who enter EG gone for good, so we lose potentially 50% right there of any new players we'd get.

We can sit here and piss and moan on what pub needs until we are blue in the face but it's not pub's fault alone. Removing private freqs won't make the game more welcoming to a new comer, might make a casual baser happy but will do nothing to retain a new comer. Removing levi's/jav's/weasal's/lanc's will be fruitless as well. The problem is the with the mechanics that we aren't able to change, this game requires too much for new comers to invest in. We did it because back in the day, SubSpace was one of the first free to play MMO's available and one of the first free to play MMO's that took place in space at that. We didn't have much to choose from then if anything at all, we weren't behind in "the times", we were new and fresh. Now we are in the "retro" category along side an overwhelming amount of free MMO's to choose from, which right there hurts us. Retro gamers like simple, drop in and out play (think Diablo 2 or even Donkey Kong). Today's MMO players like to jump right in and play, with incentives and a sense of growth for the time vested. We offer none of this, we only offer confusion and sensory overload. If they by chance make it through creating a profile, their first time into TW is a shitstorm of beeps, green walled text, awkward controls and spawn kills. What we need to do now is damage control, try to make this game as fun as possible for previous players to check back in every now and again to stay around, a resurgence in TWD would be a amazing but is a far shot.

I love this game but hate to say it, unless we can change the core mechanics (1 zone, 1 account that syncs to website, a tutorial that is fun and painless and an overhaul on how players have to operate to do simple things like changing arenas/ships/starting games/ect.) we are going to fizzle out into oblivion.

-IxaDor
    I made a review for Steam, but there is a serious problem for retaining new comers.. This game offers nothing in the form of player retention and from that I can't help but be pessimistic. It saddens me to say but I believe this attempt to capture players is fruitless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixador View Post
    I made a review for Steam, but there is a serious problem for retaining new comers.. This game offers nothing in the form of player retention and from that I can't help but be pessimistic. It saddens me to say but I believe this attempt to capture players is fruitless.
    Funfortunately, nobody has the time to implement what you're talking about. Everyone agrees it's good to do those things. (And we did make some progress with the tutorial underlay graphics -- check them out with !helpon in Pub. More are cooking.) But we don't have a development team. We're a nonprofit spaceship game that's literally more than 2 decades old. Wirah was talking about maybe a Subspace 2/spiritual successor startup? I'd be interested. But, even if that came about it could be a long time coming.

I guarantee you this won't be fruitless. It might not be all that fruitful, but it absolutely won't be fruitless. Already the Steam improvements have given attention to the game, and have made it far more playable, with links to tutorial videos right in the installer, major bug fixes, higher-quality sounds, etc. (Try installing it and see for yourself. Suggestions welcome.)

We can focus on the fact that it all could be better if we somehow did everything totally differently. But that's not going to make it happen. Absolutely nothing is, other than doing the little that you can do or I can do with the limited time and resources we have. Sorta pointless to even bring up -- unless you're fishing around for reasons to feel sad. Just got to do the best we can with what we have.

Thanks for writing a review, and thanks to all others who have done so!
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

I exchange a Steam review with a screenshot of the hidden success of the game's Steam page, success unlocked of course

Worth a shot.