Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: TWDT Drama - Ogron rage quits 2017 DT season

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebu View Post
    one question though, were people actually going out of their way to get around an ?ignore on ogron? pretty childish as well tbh
    Yep, going so far as to do it from another SSC zone with names that had never logged into TW to avoid being alias checked.

I can understand why someone would do it -- of all the toxic players in the history of TW, Ogron is arguably the worst, if just for the sheer number of people he's affected -- but at the same time, it's pretty goddamn petty to spam someone.

In his shoes I'd just ?lines=0 until I died and could type out the name in ?ignore. Then not say anything about it. But it really bothered him, and he talked about a fair bit. Of course, this just encouraged the behavior further, as it confirmed it to be effective...
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

tl;dr

skyforger was on Ogrons ignore.txt
    skyforger went on an alias and spammed Ogron during TWDT match.

The penalty for cross-zone and/or elusive name spamming is 1st a warning and 2nd time a zoneban for 1 day.
    Beasty and myself were online when it happened and skyforger got his warning. This is why raizin was not informed.
    Ogron placed a ban on skyforger for TSL s3 which was not upheld because sky didn't break any TSL rules and there's already a staff procedure for avoid ignore.txt

Ogron quit and I took over(twdt).

Now Ogron is most definitely very toxic and/or irrational when he's mad but skyforger is an annoying prick aswell, idk why people portraying him as the innocent victim, the TWDT ban was valid and the TSL one was not.

skyforger has gotten his warning for avoiding ignore.txt aswell as not to break any more rules. If he continues to be a prick but isnt breaking any rules, by all means he's allowed to play, however if any rules are broken from here on, i will not hesitate to ban him.

enjoy the rest of the season boys and girls.

Agree that spamming is lame and petty and I did it. Also true that Beasty warned me and I stopped. And I deserve more heat for this dik stunt given results.

For some context, I had just crushed the abuser in finals so bad he actually went negative. After that everyone else got to further crush him in twdt. While I couldn't. Because I had refused sukdik/apologise for ???/culprit bullshit games and didn't cheat to alias enter. I was frustrated. To be precise, knew ogron had just lost important match through chats, 1 EG alias and 1 and only time I've done this. Didn't hide or deny who I was and idk whats on ogrons ignore list. If others did it too, I really have no knowledge of it.

In retrospect wouldn't do it again because jar jar. Jk would do it ofc but backup jar jar 1st or better do it before twdt. Fire away.

we need to build a wall against these EG troll refugees tho,
    before they destroy our beautiful Trenchwars
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
    im not gonna lay this shitshow only at klaus' feet though, every one of you fucks who turned down opportunities to join new squads, only to bail to the typical TWL powerhouses once TWL comes around, y'all have done more to ruin player interest than the day world of warcraft was released
    Completely agree, whilst the deterioration of the game was/is inevitable without investment, the years spent with people stacking on fierce/thunder/pandora/dice (2010-2015?) really sped things up. Shame.
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Ricko View Post
    the years spent with people stacking on fierce/thunder/pandora/dice (2010-2015?) really sped things up. Shame.
    I would never do this
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Quote Originally Posted by MHz View Post
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeral View Post
    This is not Ogron fault, it the fault of those who supported him and empowered him. The logic of ‘gee he has contributed’ is simply stupid. That’s like saying, ‘gee she gives me great head so I’ll just not worry that she also has Ebola’.

If the zone collapses because it loses one person, no matter how much they contributed, then it is time to stick a fork in it.
    Eph
    You've got that completely twisted.

Ogron hosted 4-5 really decent TWDTs in the teeth of relentless bullying, which went well beyond simply holding him to account.

He pretty much kept TW active when most zones entropy'd into dust.

For some reason people have an expectation of perfection which, frankly, nobody in this community possesses.

I'm not friendly with Ogron, but neither am I going to caveat those comments with the usual "He can sometimes be bi-polar, etc".

My support for Ogron was contingent upon him being useful to the zone. He was useful. Now that he went on a forum rampage and sabotaged TWDT, I don't.

At least I gave credit where it was due, when it was due- instead of jabbing at one guy's open sores all day, wondering why nobody wants to run anything anymore.

It was never about the 'We' but about the "I".

We're about to change into 2018 and it goes on and on and on...what a surprise!

Major Crisis/Ownix Major Crisis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stayon View Post
    It was never about the 'We' but about the "I".

We're about to change into 2018 and it goes on and on and on...what a surprise!

Dont even start mr sage dissolver.
    Is it true that there is a baby coming?
    Major Crisis

I just feel like this is a good video for this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9kdDet7G14
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Ogron hosted 4-5 really decent TWDTs in the teeth of relentless bullying, which went well beyond simply holding him to account.

For some reason people have an expectation of perfection which, frankly, nobody in this community possesses.

I'm not friendly with Ogron, but neither am I going to caveat those comments with the usual "He can sometimes be bi-polar, etc".

My support for Ogron was contingent upon him being useful to the zone. He was useful. Now that he went on a forum rampage and sabotaged TWDT, I don't.

At least I gave credit where it was due, when it was due- instead of jabbing at one guy's open sores all day, wondering why nobody wants to run anything anymore.
    ok so there used to be this kid in middle school on the debate team who would just shit on everyone all the time. 100% asshole. and then someone would talk back to him and he'd literally break down, "oh my family life sucks, shit sucks, im so sad", and continue to get free passes. idk who's mom it was but one time on the way to a debate tourny, this kid took another kid's epi-pen and was pretending to stab the rest of us in the van. so she dropped his ass off on the side of I-10, and our coach picked his ass up. he was alot nicer after that

so anyways this is me explaining why i have zero sympathy for klaus. he is absolutely toxic and then when the shit hits him, he backs into this "im in a rough place" thing, which shouldn't fucking matter because i've had my highs and my lows and i manage to not take it out on people. well except people like klaus, who in my opinion should be able to take it if they're able to give it out.

like many things in life that i was into before it was cool, i haven't been a fan of klaus since this one time i made a drunk wall of text post on one of his HoN's or something. he could have deleted in and moved on, but the effect was instead he deleted it, and then for the following few seasons where i played DT, he'd either outright downplay/ignore my "hot" games - or outright 'forget' to post the HoN that week if there was no way to avoid giving me kudos for having a good game. (i know i'm not known as a good player but i have my moments, god damnit, and so when i finally do something HoN worthy and it's straight up ignored, yeah, it gets to me)

don't give this kid credit for "keeping tw alive" because the people still around obviously play for the love of the game, and if worst came to worst we could just turn TWD into a tourny-style league where once or twice a year there would be a period where squads competed to clinch the #1 spot in a division, and earn a title for it. draft was pretty tight and this "TSL" looks pretty tight but let's not act like these leagues aren't just the same ~30 people divvying up into the same 2 squads to see who's gonna win the title each season. yeah klaus kept that running so people like zidane can keep adding worthless medals to their twd page, but i genuinely don't see how klaushaus is a unique reason that these players keep coming back, season after season.

edit: gotta remind the folx that as a founding member of Juice and Penetrate, my philosophy has always been fun first, game second. nothing irritates me more than tryhards who ruin the fun on their quest to be the best at an almost two-decade-old game.
    Last edited by Jerome Scuggs; 12-01-2017 at 12:43 AM.
    The Phase > what version of ssc are you guys running?
    Criminal> idk whatever was on the first google result for "piece of shit spaceship game from 96 free download"

Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    lol lo l oo lo l ol olol o lo l ol o lo l o

420 420 420

100% agreed
    KESS let me down in mortars... damn puta!!! DOUBLE THE PUTA TIME!! ?go doublejavs -Cig <ER>

SUH SUH G. SPAWNFEST TIME. calling out all muh boys ?go JAVUFC to play -Children <ER>

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
    1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Quote Originally Posted by Major Crisis View Post
    Dont even start mr sage dissolver.
    Is it true that there is a baby coming?
    Why am i not informed?
    KESS let me down in mortars... damn puta!!! DOUBLE THE PUTA TIME!! ?go doublejavs -Cig <ER>

SUH SUH G. SPAWNFEST TIME. calling out all muh boys ?go JAVUFC to play -Children <ER>

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
    1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it