No announcement yet.

Targaryen - Captain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think that along TSL, we could easily start a fresh season of TWD or TWL.

There's Equinox, Envy, Dark, Dudgeon, LEGO, Patriots, SyFy that are all not completely dead and probably some else I'm missing. In worst of cases, we can use a drafting method ala-twdt to create 2-3 more competitive squads and the minimum we'd need is 6 so we're basically there already without need for drafting. For TWD everything is functioning and done already, just need to announce a season. As for TWL, our current roster of TSL Ops and others like Vys, turban, etc have the know-how to run a successful season. It's well worth a try.

Comment

i mean we could def trying to bring back some sort of TWL...
      would have to be mid-january since holidays are coming up zone will be inactive aswell as we have the steam visibility round coming up in january aswell, will give a little boost in population and maybe some vets will return? if enough interest is shown im sure i can put together a team to work on TWL...
      3:BOMBED> got donuts
      3:BOMBED> how jealous
      3:Heaven> how american
      3:BOMBED> ??????????
      3:BOMBED> wtf u suppose to get
      3:BOMBED> they didnt have any fried goat

Comment

I can't see there being more than 3 competitive squads in TWL whereas every other match may be a blowout. Why not introduce like a TWL lite where only the top 4 squads in TWD make it for each league. This way its a bit diff than TSL/TWDT where everyones included and TWD rating actually means something for qualifications.

I just dont see a bunch of weaker players logging consistently to get stomped.

I'm def interested if some sort of TWL like league can be done and wouldnt mind dedicating some time to help organize it.
        Last edited by kentaro; 12-04-2017, 10:37 AM.
        1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
        1:pascone> folder is empty :/
        1:Tiny> LOL
        1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

Comment

Not enough to run a season with more than 4 squads, and super strict roster limits. Could put some sort of twdt spin where you could only have 5 starters per league on a squad with X rating level but could fill roster with infinite lower level players to reduce 1 team taking 10 javs left in game....just a thought and/or example....also, could just do a Cup instead of a league...4 teams...3 weekends...competitive match tourney with some sort of twd related qualification. more ideas
          1:waven> u challenge
          1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
          Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

yall are dumb. if folks didnt make it onto the 2 or maybe 3 power squads, they just wouldnt show up. just get the best 30 or so spaceship pilots among whoever is left then split them in half and have them duke it out. you can go through the rigmarole of having twd qualifications and other squads if you want, but it wont matter. we will still end up where we've always ended up.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
              ricko really wants that twld medal as the ultimate proof he is better than jessup

:P
              hah, not the case! That medal is not happening.

I just get minimal enjoyment out of TSL and TWDT (except last season of TWDT when I was on a decent team for the first time ever) as it's far more competitive so I actually want to log in to the game and put effort in.

But people are right; with the current climate TWL wouldn't work except for in a 4 squad format due to the current population, which would be much less fun than say an 8 squad one. The only hope this would have of taking off would be 1. Cash prizes 2. Vets all emerge from the woodwork (Fierce, Dice etc) due to TWL not having been done for a while and wanting to give the game a go again.
              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
              TWDT-D 2017 Champion
              TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Cup style is a decent idea to test run if squad leagues can still be a success. Qualify through TWD which will most likely have 6 to 8 active squads. Like in TWDT all but bottom 2 get in cup playoffs.

To promote activity and recruiting during the Steam promo period, could even put a spin on it where losing a TWD game does not reduce a squad's rating, or where participation actually gives a small amount of points and winning gives a good amount. Squads would benefit from some mix of active (and most likely rather shitty) players for regular season but the oldie vets would shine in the cup playoffs. Ofc timely roster lock and roster limits are a must. This might feel to commie to some, but I think it checks both crucial points we want 1) mass involvement in league 2) games that are TWL quality (the playoffs).

Comment

Originally posted by skyforger View Post
                  Cup style is a decent idea to test run if squad leagues can still be a success. Qualify through TWD which will most likely have 6 to 8 active squads. Like in TWDT all but bottom 2 get in cup playoffs.

To promote activity and recruiting during the Steam promo period, could even put a spin on it where losing a TWD game does not reduce a squad's rating, or where participation actually gives a small amount of points and winning gives a good amount. Squads would benefit from some mix of active (and most likely rather shitty) players for regular season but the oldie vets would shine in the cup playoffs. Ofc timely roster lock and roster limits are a must. This might feel to commie to some, but I think it checks both crucial points we want 1) mass involvement in league 2) games that are TWL quality (the playoffs).
                  The whole point to do anything similar like a TWL is not to water down to competition, there is TSL and TWDT for that already. Including the whole zone for this doesn't bring anything to the table that TSL/TWDT doesnt already.
                  Last edited by kentaro; 12-04-2017, 11:15 AM.

Comment

damn, it's been 15 months since the last TWL
                    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

• it would be interesting if you said that the cash prize would be divided totally evenly amongst every person that began that twl season on that roster. that would probably limit the high level captains from adding superfluous folks. conceivably a 5 man team could win twld or twlj, giving each person a good amount of cash. you just cant allow people to not divide the cash evenly. that is the only way this would work. dont allow for the biggest contributors to get a larger reward and folks that didnt play just a little. you must force the cash to the winning team to be totally divided evenly. also the whole roster at the beginning of twl is what you have would get caps to think about who they let on from the very start.

if you really want more teams and a cash prize, thats how i see doing it.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• do i need to make my grand return

Comment

• I miss the competetive games as well but TWL won't work as it was. Cash prize might work in a way zeebu described, or it might not.

Random proposal:
                          Decide 6 veteran captains in wb/jav to gather teams of 6 and 4 captains to gather teams of 9 for base.

Leagues are seperate so different teams can be formed into different divisions.

4 week season which is cup based:

1st sunday - TWLD Cup

- everyone plays vs each other once.
                          - total of 5 games
                          - top 2 get into finals
                          - tiebreak decided by +/-

2nd sunday - TWLJ Cup

- everyone plays vs each other once
                          - total of 5 games
                          - top 2 get into finals

3rd sunday - TWLB Cup

- everyone plays vs each other twice
                          - total of 6 games
                          - top 2 get into finals

4th sunday - Finals in all 3 leagues

- Best of 3
                          - Wb first, jav 2nd, base last.
                          - Winners get TWL Cup emedals

Us veterans get to enjoy competetive gaming for 4 sundays.
                          Last edited by Dreamwin; 12-04-2017, 11:55 AM.
                          Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                          Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                          Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                          Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                          Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                          Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                          Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                            I just get minimal enjoyment out of TSL and TWDT (except last season of TWDT when I was on a decent team for the first time ever) as it's far more competitive so I actually want to log in to the game and put effort in.
                            i don't mind playing against 5 basers and/or getting my ass handed to me. the settings are still fun in 5v5 wbs. but i don't have any drive in me anymore like i used to. sure i can log on and prac a bit and try hard in playoffs next week but that's about it.

the zone being dead during my primetime is the only reason why i dont log on much anymore. i would love to play a dd or javduel every now and then and go to sleep at reasonable hours. pub sucks because it's about basing and too chaotic. it has been bad since the last pubsquads died. i'd rather play a bunch of elims than grab the flag.

Originally posted by ricko
                            damn, it's been 15 months since the last TWL
                            Cobra still #1 in javelins and basing. zidane, ease who?
                            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

• What made TWL fun was looking forward to each Sunday playing with your e-buddies and trying to build good lines and team chemistry across a season. Reducing each league to 1 weekend isn't really the point, that's more just a fancy weekend event.

Not to mention, it's the actual history and prestige of TWL that made it competitive.

The issue in recent years was the fact there were only 2-4 capable squads per league and every other team got smashed 50-25 so the regular season became more dull/meaningless. Only solution is to magically get vets back which at this stage has a 0.3% chance of happening. RIP.
                              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                              TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                              TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
                                I miss the competetive games as well but TWL won't work as it was. Cash prize might work in a way zeebu described, or it might not.

Random proposal:
                                Decide 6 veteran captains in wb/jav to gather teams of 6 and 4 captains to gather teams of 9 for base.

Leagues are seperate so different teams can be formed into different divisions.

4 week season which is cup based:

1st sunday - TWLD Cup

- everyone plays vs each other once.
                                - total of 5 games
                                - top 2 get into finals

2nd sunday - TWLJ Cup

- everyone plays vs each other once
                                - total of 5 games
                                - top 2 get into finals

3rd sunday - TWLB Cup

- everyone plays vs each other twice
                                - total of 6 games
                                - top 2 get into finals

4th sunday - Finals in all 3 leagues

- Best of 3
                                - Wb first, jav 2nd, base last.
                                - Winners get TWL Cup emedals

Us veterans get to enjoy competetive gaming for 4 sundays.
                                5 games in one day might be difficult, I think everyone should play vs other twice at the very least. 6 teams, 10 Games should be a miminum I think with top 4 in playoffs. But games def need to be spread out, can you imagine doing 6 basing games in one weekend.... even 5 wb games sound brutal
                                Last edited by kentaro; 12-04-2017, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X