No announcement yet.

TSL Ratings S3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With so many people complaining about the ratings still, here's a quick update on the ratings.

We know many ratings need to be changed ASAP because they are way off. The reason we couldn't get it done before season 3 started is because if you look at the list, there's near 650nicks to go through, having to alias check them and write it down incase an alias comes up on a different name etc.... it was just wayyyy too much work (sure we could have made some immediate changes but unfortunately it was a very busy week for all of us). Best thing to do was to wait a few days in of season 3 and just review the ratings of people who signed up for season 3 and make any necessary changes.
    I will have time tomorrow to pull the list of people currently registered and edit the ratings but for this evening, bear with your teammates.
    3:BOMBED> got donuts
    3:BOMBED> how jealous
    3:Heaven> how american
    3:BOMBED> ??????????
    3:BOMBED> wtf u suppose to get
    3:BOMBED> they didnt have any fried goat

Comment

doubt I'll play this season at all (have barely played the last 2 anyway) but some of these ratings are absolutely whack lol. I mean TWDT is always a few ratings off but this is well off.
      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

well, the community should have listened to Jessup and others when they claimed it was rigged on a weekly basis instead of riding ogrons dik.
        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

matching wrong teams bug

Code:
          TEAM 1 (4): Alextron            hellkite            Dierienow           Wirah                    ?go TSLJ
          TEAM 2 (4): ForgottenGhost      i.d.                24                  Henry Saari              ?go TSLJ
          TEAM 3 (4): Tiny                ROZAY               Spectacular         Ardo                     ?go TSLJ2
          TEAM 4 (4): skyforger           RaCka               Hellrazor           spartan hurricane        ?go TSLJ2
          Code:
          (TSLBot)>TEAM 1 (4): Alextron(40), hellkite(85), Dierienow(41), Wirah(40)  [T:206]
          (TSLBot)>TEAM 2 (4): ForgottenGhost(41), i.d.(39), 24(99), Henry Saari(61)  [T:240]
          (TSLBot)>TEAM 3 (4): Tiny(96), ROZAY(39), Spectacular(67), Ardo(39)  [T:241]
          (TSLBot)>TEAM 4 (4): skyforger(78), RaCka(88), Hellrazor(1), spartan hurricane(39)  [T:206]

Comment

Yeah sky thats what i was talking about on thuesday with the *arena messages... but have no fear heaven is here and tw elitest are on the issue

Comment

Unrelated, but who's ForgottenGhost? I just had a look on the TSL site and the person has played well across the 3 leagues, is it Ogron hiding on an alias but still active?

Also: that person is currently rated 0,0,0 which obv needs changing.
              Last edited by Ricko; 12-07-2017, 09:10 AM.
              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
              TWDT-D 2017 Champion
              TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                Unrelated, but who's ForgottenGhost? I just had a look on the TSL site and the person has played well across the 3 leagues, is it Ogron hiding on an alias but still active?

Also: that person is currently rated 0,0,0 which obv needs changing.
                Their rating is D: 75, J: 75, B: 80 now. It was changed about 6 hours ago.
                Doughnut - Assistant Ban Operator

Comment

The following ratings made me giggle due to being too low:

Bacon: 89,80,80
                  Bender Rodriguez 40,40,77
                  Children 60,80,68
                  Cranium 78,40,100
                  Domi 40,40,93
                  Doughnut 94,77,75
                  Eelam 40,87,0
                  Eric Clapton 87,68,0
                  Euforia 70,83,0
                  fahrenheit 71,85,0
                  fork 66,67,0
                  Havok 40,86,0
                  I.D 74,40,76
                  idkidc1233 0,0,0
                  Jones 87,72,65
                  Lorko 70,76,0
                  Mcvicar 68,68,100
                  Megalo 72,40,0
                  Omega Red 74,73,88
                  Paska 40,40,75
                  Raazi 91,40,0
                  Ra 70,40,80Shadowmere 82,95,0
                  Siaxis 92,70,75
                  Sika 40,90,88
                  Tanzu 90,40,0
                  Tripin 90,70,77
                  vys 93,81,75

The following ratings made me giggle due to being too high:

Brookus 40,40,90
                  Cyclone 1,2,1
                  duality dude 60,1,1
                  fire phoenix 0,0,88
                  Hellrazor 1,1,1
                  Jessup 83,83,77
                  Major Crisis 78,90,90
                  Mythril 100,83,100
                  M_M God 73,73,100
                  NL_Trigger 70,40,100
                  PH 40,40,99
                  Rab 79,78,85
                  Skyforger 83,78,90
                  Yeh 85,97,87

Im fully aware a good part of the names ive mentioned dont play anymore and have 0 chance of logging on for a tsl game, so it doesnt really matter. I just posted em because they made me laugh a bit and too see how little whoever rated the players knows.

On the other side, i see some cases of severely underrated and overrated players, who are active or play every once in a while.

Players like Fork, Jones, Vys, Raazi, Tripin and siaxis should get raised in the leagues i bolded.

MC,M_M God, Mythril, Rab and Skyforger are getting wayy overrated, to a point it will hurt them.

And why is Yeh an all star in every league? he is a good player and super laggy, but i wouldnt give him more than 80,85,80 rofl. Whoever did his rating probably fell asleep and smashed the keyboard with his head.
                  Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
                  1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

Originally posted by kess View Post
                    (ratings problems)
                    They're going to have issues, as they were made by a single person before season 3. Ogron knows almost all of the active/best players quite well, and he put a lot of effort into rating people, for which he should be given his due. But there are going to be some problems, especially with players that he did not specifically know/observe playing. That's the inherent issue with one person doing ratings, no matter how good or thorough they are. The idea with S3 is to open them up and start to work on them more as a community. So thank you for contributing, and thanks to all others who have put in their two cents. Ratings will never be perfect but we'll try to get them better with time.

All can help the league substantially by doing ratings reviews. Especially if you have info on unrated players who are playing above a 40 level. Those probably throw off the balance the most.
                    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Updated OP to include link to live ratings display for all registered players.
                      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

What you've done does the trick, no need to massively change it. The ratings are transparent and people are giving feedback.

I think someone needs to update the ratings based on the suggestions in this thread. Maybe just action every suggestion by 5 points?

Bug:
                        - on some of the player names the playerId is 0, e.g. "24". I think some of them are intentional because they're staff who don't play, but some do play.
                        Last edited by Rab; 12-09-2017, 05:52 PM.

Comment

more rating updates have taken place

only people that are currently signed up to TSL season 3 have had their ratings changed, i know kess had mentionned other names earlier, and as soon as(if) they sign up, the ratings will be looked at and perhaps changed.

view the updated ratings here:
                          http://trenchwars.org/tsl/index.php?page=ratings

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                            What you've done does the trick, no need to massively change it.
                            Bug: - on some of the player names the playerId is 0, e.g. "24". I think some of them are intentional because they're staff who don't play, but some do play.
                            OK, fair enough. It's a little dirty (the "Ratings" link on Ladder page for example) but it gets the job done I suppose.

Fixed the missing IDs. Had to do with importing ratings. When those players signed up they already had a rating, so it didn't update their ID. Thanks for catching that.

Comment

Magnum Size should be 40-40-75 atleast. (no score atm)
                              Shaun should be 75 in base (no score atm)
                              Rozay should be 75-80 in base (70 too low. He can spid and shark.)
                              Sno_op should be 70-75 in jav (65 too low..)
                              Spectacular should be 75 in jav (68 atm)
                              Tucker (voth) should be 60-60-70 (70 in jav is too high, base has no score atm)
                              AFRI should be like 65-70 in jav (now 40)
                              Alextron should be 65 in jav (now 40)
                              Amnesti should be 65-70 in base (no score atm)
                              Demonc shouldnt be 85 in base.. Way too high imo. 70 sounds good enough.
                              Jurassic should be 65 in jav.
                              Geio should be 90 in jav. (84 atm)
                              I dont think I should be 78-90 in wb/jav. But thats for others to decide.

And whats up with Hellrazor and cyclone? Do they count as 10 or does anything below 40 count as 40? Because the other day I saw cyclone listed as 1 in the !showteams and it counted as 1...
                              Major Crisis

Comment

I saw the modification of the ratings of the players on the TSL website, there are four players on which I emit a doubt. First Geio is rated 84 in jav and 85 in base which would make him a better player in base than in jav while the opposite is obvious, in my opinion something like 88 jav 80 base would be perfect. Then what I call the "gypsi case", which consists in overestimating the level of the player by kindness; she is a veteran player, so a girl, which is rather rare in TW, and has a good behavior, so I understand this kindness but you do not help by doing that, on the contrary. In my opinion her level is around 60 wb 20 jav 65 base. A certain spartan hurricane has made his appearance and let me say that we could be found worse than me, the player is rated 45 / none / 55, better than it would be without evaluation, while he is clearly a player in the Cyclone / Hellrazor category, and again it's not helping him to do that. And finally, this good old thix, rated 73 wb and 71 jav for I do not know what reason, which has no chance to end up in a balanced team, which suddenly makes shit the rare times he comes in these 2 leagues. 40 in wb and jav so none for both, in my opinion.

That said, I think it's a great job, to +/- 5 everything else is perfect from my point of view. And I hope that one day the ratings will be definitively set for this new evaluation ladder system to do the work that is his, and to update directly on the website. I do not know the current formula but something simple like ratio of at least 1 during the game gives +1, otherwise -1, should do the work in wb and jav, and even if it results in disparities such that a quarter of players found themselves at 1 everywhere and another quarter exceeding 100 or 110 or 120, the consequences would be positive in the sense that it will add competition between top players and allow the weakest players to be in a stronger team. What should ultimately turn all the winning ratio between 40% and 60%, the purpose of all this.

Comment

Working...
                                X