View Poll Results: TSLB race to 10 or 15

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10minutes

    11 45.83%
  • 15minutes

    13 54.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: TSL-BASE RACE, 10mins or 15mins?

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    293

    TSL-BASE RACE, 10mins or 15mins?

    To start off, the TSL-B !add time has been reduced from 10minutes to 5minutes, speeding up the pre-game process.

    Next, keep the flag race at 15minutes or lower to 10minutes?

    If we lower to 10minutes:
    1. less wait time for people that are benched.
    2. if one team is doing very poorly, it's less frustrating since you know round will be over sooner.
    3. if teams are fairly even, the FR battles will be more intense as there's less time and terrs need to be more aggressive.
    4. less chance of someone having to leave mid-game and host scrambling to find a sub

    Keep at 15minutes:
    1. its just how its always been and its what people are used to

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    178
    10 mins feels is a little too short. Blip and over. Comebacks do happen and those are the best games. Either keep 15 or reduce to like 12.

  3. #3
    ` Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,263
    Let' make it one round to 5 minutes
    Quote Originally Posted by jerome
    can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

  4. #4
    zeebu 'DUMPTRUCK' johnson Zeebu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    treeless brasil
    Posts
    5,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    Let' make it one round to 5 minutes
    jones loves basing


    1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

  5. #5
    ` Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeebu View Post
    jones loves basing
    i do! and remember: less is more
    Quote Originally Posted by jerome
    can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

  6. #6
    ` Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,263


    slash it
    Quote Originally Posted by jerome
    can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

  7. #7
    Major Crisis/Ownix Major Crisis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    672
    Can you reduce the !add time on TSLD/J too? Isnt that 10 mins too? Make that 3 like in TWDD/JD.
    Major Crisis

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Crisis View Post
    Can you reduce the !add time on TSLD/J too? Isnt that 10 mins too? Make that 3 like in TWDD/JD.
    correct. going to reduce this as well, you say 3, i say 5, we compromise at 4mins. (sometimes players take 1-2mins just to get into arena)
    8:beam> yo tiny i have some good news for u
    8:Tiny> U COMING SUNDAY BRO?
    8:beam> i wont be here sunday but you could save on your car insurance by switching to geico

  9. #9
    Registered User Pressure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,398
    Either 3 10-minute games or 2 15-minute games. Don't care.
    4:Best> pressure was a terr for halloween 4:Best> guy had 4 dudes on him attached

    4:Siaxis> what time is it in zimbobwe para?

    4:Children> every morning i wake up, look in the mirror and thank god i'm not paradise

    4:Best> Mighty's forehead has wifi

    4:Mighty> u guys ever eat a ketchup sandwich?

    4:sphinx> mighty fought a raccoon in an alley for some bbq chips

    4:RaCka> so what if paradise is dressing up as a slim jim for halloween?

  10. #10
    Registered User Trasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    158
    I vote to keep it as 15 purely because setting up the games take so long. Even if it's reduced to 5 minutes, because you have to get people to !p as well.

    The blowout games suck though, but maybe it will get better with visible ratings that can be adjusted based on community feedback.

    A major problem is subbing laggots, so something should be done to smoothen that process.
    Violence> lag cheating niggir
    JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
    JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
    mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
    mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick
    Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

  11. #11
    Registered User Jessup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,391
    10 minutes i think is ok.. which in reality could mean almost 20 mins of play time

  12. #12
    Registered User Ixador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Bible Belt, USA
    Posts
    102
    Either increase WB/JD games to best of 3 and leave base at 15 mins

    OR

    Cut base time in half to 7-8 mins

    Base in TWD has always been 15 mins, yet in TSL where everything gets cut in half, somehow base doesn't. Not having the best of 3 in DD/JD has been detrimental to many of us who enjoy a good competitive match in those ships. It's especially painful when match making goes wrong or your not warmed up, the matches are too fast and it's frustrating. WB/JD games are done usually within 30 mins or less, basing games take over an hour and a half (3x the amount of time). Those who don't want to decrease base time are in the same boat as those who want best of 3 in WB/JD, to keep it competitive. 1 round in WB/JD is not competitive, so if we are going down that road, make base 7-8 mins. Either way, create a general fairness that doesn't favor one league over another since clearly TSL does just that with base. Thank you for your time and consideration.

    -IxaDor
    Last edited by Ixador; 11-30-2017 at 08:02 AM.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    746
    wbs and javs> 10 mins
    basers> 15 mins

    new poll:
    should we reduce wbs and javs to 7 lives per player?

  14. #14
    Registered User Ixador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Bible Belt, USA
    Posts
    102
    wbs and javs 10 mins, thank you you are correct Rab! Basing being 15 mins? Bullogna! Base usually runs over 25 mins, that's because matchmaking system works and games are usually close, sometimes within 10 seconds of each other meaning the game went nearly 30 mins. Plus match making for base is 3 times longer, so we sit in spec sometimes as long as 30 mins. Base games eat up a huge chunk of time compared to wb and jav. And for your new poll, f you! I remain firm that base not being cut down where other leagues are is definitely not right, TSL should be about fairness not only to the player but the respected leagues it represents.

    Edit: All I am asking for is compromise and a general fairness. Good day.
    Last edited by Ixador; 11-30-2017 at 03:51 PM.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    293
    this looks like base is staying at 15mins. thank you all for input.
    8:beam> yo tiny i have some good news for u
    8:Tiny> U COMING SUNDAY BRO?
    8:beam> i wont be here sunday but you could save on your car insurance by switching to geico

  16. #16
    Registered User Geio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
    this looks like base is staying at 15mins. thank you all for input.
    You can add me as a tsl op if you need one ran a lot of I️t last year too
    4x TWLD Champion
    Fierce For Life

  17. #17
    dingledoink project dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Trasher View Post
    A major problem is subbing laggots, so something should be done to smoothen that process.
    I'd like to argue that this is probably the larger priority and the one major thing that breaks games the quickest, though I will assume this fix will be more difficult than changing basing length.
    Last edited by project dragon; 11-30-2017 at 07:24 PM.
    duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

    Mattey> put me in corch

    zidane> go kf urself pork

  18. #18
    Registered User Ixador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Bible Belt, USA
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
    this looks like base is staying at 15mins. thank you all for input.
    Why can't we do the best of 3 in wb/jd? It would make the time slots work and for those of us waiting through the incredibly lengthy base game worth while. Come on Heaven, I love you irl. OK maybe not irl but my respect for you is heavenly?, can't you see reason to my argument? I mean, Ogron, a known baser, created this league so I can't help but think he made it in favor of his favorite league. I'll be honest here, if I was to create a "tsl" like league I'd make WB games the best of 3, jav the best of 1 and base the first to hit 6 minutes, but surely you'd think I may be biased and act accordingly if I lost my ownership of my league? I just ask you look at this from a non biased standpoint. Base games eat up a LOT of time for those who aren't skilled basers and want to wb/jd. I just want this to be fair and reasonable. Thank you and hope you have a great rest of you week.

    Sincerely yours
    -IxaDor
    Last edited by Ixador; 11-30-2017 at 07:57 PM.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    49
    Ixa as stated before wb/jav over the past 2 seasons have been played twice as much as base every season. So you already have biased bonus games that only work for wb/javs as there is never enough to play bonus base games after the scheduled base unless they did 2-3 bases in a row.

  20. #20
    Registered User Trasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    158
    Ixa just focus on the vodka while the big boys play base.
    Violence> lag cheating niggir
    JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
    JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
    mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
    mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick
    Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •