Looking for an Elim Coordinator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an Elim Coordinator

Have some free time and motivation? Like Elim? It needs your help. Want to shape it into something better? Hot damn! Maybe you're the next Elim Coordinator!

"You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

I’d start with kim as a point of contact for this. The man loves elim and coordinated it before.
    1. Old elim map
    2. Add new do not cross line to old elim map
    3. More forced random picks to keep from javs running elim
    4. Do not separate elim/baseelim as there is not enough people
    5. Huge pub bucks payouts as incentive as this is the only incentive I can think of atm..25k per win (RPS)
    6. RPS system in elim
    7. Poker game from eg added to elim
    8. I liked the idea of seasons for elim, also add huge pub bux payouts…Million a season atleast
    9. Make the bot Zone every single game
    10. Allow 2v2 elims, give 1 minute to make teams, like tourney bot and random rest, spec odd man, or even allow solos
    11. Fix the pop up ladder upon entry

More to come….
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Add attainable ship skins. could do this by removing every ship except wb/jav

Originally posted by MHz
      Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Allow new elim tileset to be decided by season winners

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Some random ideas

* Elim needs to be a hangout as well as a place to play.

* Kill the notion of 'practicing'. When I enter Elim I should immediately know that all players who are in-game are actually playing the Elim round. I don't like entering the arena and seeing 6 people in-game but then realising that 4 are just flying around in the practice area. Stupid.

* Fix the rankings lvz. I don't know if the rankings are broken or just completely out of date because Elim isn't popular.

* Global rating reset

* Split Elim into ranked seasons and have unranked games during a short downtime between them? Rather than just a constant everlasting thing?

* Maybe Elim ratings AND TSL ratings contribute to your 'Global Rating' which is used in some way.

* Stick to wb and jav. All other ships meh
          Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

nothing was worse than shark elims

gah those were awful. ter was marginally better, but still not great

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

without being a sap, is this really worth the time and effort? Elim has had attempts to revive it for years now and all fail. I just don't want someone investing time for a failed cause.
              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
              TWDT-D 2017 Champion
              TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                without being a sap, is this really worth the time and effort? Elim has had attempts to revive it for years now and all fail. I just don't want someone investing time for a failed cause.
                no one has a gun to their head, dicko.

if someone wants to take it on, let them.
                7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10
                Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

There should be a new map for "tactical wb". Basically playing wb on a modified belim map that is a bit larger and has the layout changed to more of a tactical urban environment feel.

Open space wb is old hat.. mostly stray/rushing and when you get off a snipe it doesn't feel that good. Now we can all agree that shooting in a hole feels amazing, and being a wb in base gives you that opportunity.

Playing wb in a base feels cooler and adds a new style for both veterans and pubbers to learn. More shots to learn, more tactics, more cat & mouse style close-range dog fighting.

The map should be slightly larger or the same as the current belim map, more wb friendly and not so easy to run around. Maybe have a secondary objective to prevent people from camping a corner where you have to peek first in order to shoot them.

Tons of possibilities. Does it sound like a good idea? I can't make maps but I would love to design it (and maybe learn to make it) if there aren't too many detractors. It could help liven up the arena and bring vets/pubbers more in line in terms of skill (maybe..)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dierienow View Post
                    There should be a new map for "tactical wb". Basically playing wb on a modified belim map that is a bit larger and has the layout changed to more of a tactical urban environment feel.

Open space wb is old hat.. mostly stray/rushing and when you get off a snipe it doesn't feel that good. Now we can all agree that shooting in a hole feels amazing, and being a wb in base gives you that opportunity.

Playing wb in a base feels cooler and adds a new style for both veterans and pubbers to learn. More shots to learn, more tactics, more cat & mouse style close-range dog fighting.

The map should be slightly larger or the same as the current belim map, more wb friendly and not so easy to run around. Maybe have a secondary objective to prevent people from camping a corner where you have to peek first in order to shoot them.

Tons of possibilities. Does it sound like a good idea? I can't make maps but I would love to design it (and maybe learn to make it) if there aren't too many detractors. It could help liven up the arena and bring vets/pubbers more in line in terms of skill (maybe..)
                    as long as you give the bullet bounce and reduce the bullet alive time, it would be fun. otherwise it would be terrrrrrrrible and excruciatingly boring. youve probably never tried to duel someone when the bar was there. god it was awful.

Comment

anyone else remember the elim bar? it was stupid.if one of the last 2 players was determined, they could drag the game out an additional 20 minutes.

now just picture that except with more bars!

​yeah!!!

Comment

The great task which I set myself in promoting elim was to bring reason to bear on the problems within our great zone, to eliminate dangerous tensions by invoking the common sense of all, to bridge the gulf between excessive bitching for warbirds or javelins through the problematic voting system set in place. I recognized, of course, that such processes cannot be consummated overnight. It is always preferable to bring together widely accepted newbies and veteran classes gradually and by the exercise of reason, rather than to resort to a solution based on force. . .

Therefore, the right to play both warbirds and javelins is at the same time a just claim to the arena in which alone is the source of life for the zone. When unreasonableness threatened to choke their development, elimers and belimers fought for this sacred claim. No other course was open to them and they realized that even inactivity and sacrifice are better than the gradual extinction of a single arena.
                        TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

I'm guessing the elim bar made the last players hide around it and play fuck duck goose?

Maybe the map can be open (think mid base in pub or basing map) but with a few more obstacles. In mid base there isn't a position you can take 1v1 where you're forced to peek a corner without plenty of room. Merry go round: add a zone of control where you can win by accumulating time in the zone.
                          Last edited by Dierienow; 12-13-2017, 07:08 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Applied.

For references please contact the following:

Poid
                            Shadowmere
                            oO.Oo
                            Disown
                            Trancetunes
                            Ogron
                            Azov
                            Asmodeus
                            The Block
                            Undercunt
                            Last edited by Crescent Seal; 12-13-2017, 07:28 PM.
                            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Re: WBs with obstacles, could always make the walls just doors, and then if the game is going on too long, drop all the doors. This would also allow a vote for open-air WBs or WBs in base using the same area.

Re: ladder splash problems, anyone mind saying what's wrong other than "it's broken"? I try to fix what I can, but what I don't have time to do is investigate every problem personally.
                              "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                              -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Working...
                              X