Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TWDCup

TWDCup

What do yíall say we actually bring this back. I know right now there is a total of 4 squads. What if we make this a 10 man roster spot with set times each week to play games. No itís not twl we donít have a player base for that. But letís do something that involves a real squad....
    4x TWLD Champion
    Fierce For Life

would be nice to bring back squads in some way.

maybe starting slow with a twdcup type deal might create some squad growth and lead to a half-assed but relatively fun TWL, who knows?
    Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Geio View Post
    ... with set times each week to play games.
    I'd definitely like to see scheduled TWD evenings. I'd login for the games, just like TSL.
    -Wirah (Method/Mefod)

Squadron Sweet accepts this invitation. We will see you *****s on da courts.
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirah View Post
    I'd definitely like to see scheduled TWD evenings. I'd login for the games, just like TSL.
    This. Also some type of season length and maybe playoffs so it gets competitive.

We could use the TWL scheduling feature to schedule games, if people don't think that's excessively janky. Or there are various tools used to schedule these days, such as doodle.com, calendly.com, etc.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

My only quarrel with evening TWD....how would the Europeans get a good crack at it? Most likely would have to run games on Sundays. IMO yíall let me know.
    4x TWLD Champion
    Fierce For Life

Thumbs up

yes

!
    The Phase > what version of ssc are you guys running?
    Criminal> idk whatever was on the first google result for "piece of shit spaceship game from 96 free download"

Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    lol lo l oo lo l ol olol o lo l ol o lo l o

420 420 420

Get ready for syne,wolf,build to come back!

Quote Originally Posted by Rasaq View Post
    Get ready for syne,wolf,build to come back!
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

What yíall think of small 10 man rosters make people play diff leagues make people spread out
    4x TWLD Champion
    Fierce For Life

10-man roster seems super sketchy, assuming alot of people aren't super active. you'd see 1 powerhouse squad with the 10 tryest of hards, and then the remaining squads struggling to show 8 in a basing match

unless there's some room in the TWD backend to have a TWL style "confirmed" list, where you could have a squad of whatever size but every week you have to "lock in" 10 players who will compete in the matches that would count?
    The Phase > what version of ssc are you guys running?
    Criminal> idk whatever was on the first google result for "piece of shit spaceship game from 96 free download"

Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    lol lo l oo lo l ol olol o lo l ol o lo l o

420 420 420

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
    10-man roster seems super sketchy, assuming alot of people aren't super active. you'd see 1 powerhouse squad with the 10 tryest of hards, and then the remaining squads struggling to show 8 in a basing match

unless there's some room in the TWD backend to have a TWL style "confirmed" list, where you could have a squad of whatever size but every week you have to "lock in" 10 players who will compete in the matches that would count?
    Could be a viable Option but I'm more along the lines of 10 man roster force people to play other ships. If your worried about activity, Don't recruit or have those guys on the roster. For me its either 10 man or 12.
    4x TWLD Champion
    Fierce For Life

Envy got the 10 most active people in TW trying to flex their activity muscles....RELAX.....but im down for w/e
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Quote Originally Posted by MHz View Post
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

can someone organize this? I'll talk to others on Cobra about playing this too and see if Ricko etc are interested
    Last edited by kentaro; 12-15-2017 at 03:45 PM.
    1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
    1:pascone> folder is empty :/
    1:Tiny> LOL
    1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

Quote Originally Posted by Geio View Post
    Could be a viable Option but I'm more along the lines of 10 man roster force people to play other ships. If your worried about activity, Don't recruit or have those guys on the roster. For me its either 10 man or 12.
    lets just do a seperate basing cup and just a wb/jav one
    1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
    1:pascone> folder is empty :/
    1:Tiny> LOL
    1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

I think dudgeon could make come back for few weekends. Zizzo/Mikkiz/Micke/gilder/nokkonen/dreamwin/Sakke/maketso. Probably would need to borrow 1 good shark to be competetive in base
    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
    The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Quote Originally Posted by kentaro View Post
    can someone organize this? I'll talk to others on Cobra about playing this too and see if Ricko etc are interested
    You have 80% of the good players in the zone you fucking nerd
    4x TWLD Champion
    Fierce For Life

Well I allow myself to give my opinion, I know you are aiming for a competition of the maximum level of competitiveness so do not worry I do not want to embed myself, I would just share some ideas to avoid problems in this future competition. I would like to put the point on the most important problem in my opinion, when a player is missing and therefore you must borrow one. And I find a solution, which allows in addition to keep a maximum level of competitiveness.

Already, it seems that you are trying to replicate the level of the defunct TWL, namely the best plays together, in restricted rosters, and thus a small part is found at an exceptional level, creating a disparity with the other teams. I do not consider it a problem, on the contrary, all the professional competitions takes place like that. I think it would be a good opportunity to somehow insert a D-League in the competition, I'll explain.

Either nothing changes, just if we have 10 teams, I think it would be good to cut them in half, so 5-5, to give the status of D-Team to the lowest half, and so put a borrow authorization system only between a Pro-Team and its D-Team. In fact, I take the example on your team, EnvY, if you miss a player you can only borrow one in the D-Team that you and your team have chosen. And you can lend them players if all your players are present, so all players of the best teams will be guaranteed to play. And it also allows to have a very good schedule, for example if you make 2 matches per competition per week, you can do against a D-Team in the first match for a Pro-Team and against another Pro-Team in the second match , so the schedule will be of the same quality for everyone.

And so your playoffs will look like your dear TWL, and there will be no problem playing with a restricted roster.

The best players will be satisfied, and the others will fight for the chance to be borrow in the Pro-Team affiliated with their team when they miss a player. I know this system will not be in place but at least if it can give you ideas.

Its not a bad idea in theory! I always welcome more ideas.
    4x TWLD Champion
    Fierce For Life