TSL - Holiday Break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSL - Holiday Break

TSL is to take a holiday break from December 24th - January 1st.

Thursday, December 22nd will be the last day of TSL before the holidays and will resume Tuesday, January 2nd. The TSLBot will be shutdown so please don't spam ?help HOST TSL.

Season 3 ends January 28th giving a whole month after the New Year to qualify for TSL All-Stars.

An update for TSL All-Stars will be made early January.
    3:BOMBED> got donuts
    3:BOMBED> how jealous
    3:Heaven> how american
    3:BOMBED> ??????????
    3:BOMBED> wtf u suppose to get
    3:BOMBED> they didnt have any fried goat

Why would you do this? I feel this would be a peak time in people coming back to the game because they are bored and people having time to play? I understand making host do this may be difficult, but I'm sure there will be volunteers to host.
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

yeah....this is kind of the time of year people are likely to be home and able to play
      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

yeah, youd never host twl over the holidays or something and that makes total sense, but this one i dont see why you wouldnt allow it to be ran if a host is available and willing

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
          yeah, youd never host twl over the holidays or something and that makes total sense, but this one i dont see why you wouldnt allow it to be ran if a host is available and willing
          Some will be around, but many won't. Bottom line is that it's a significant advantage to have an extra week of games played on top of others, in terms of who makes All Stars.

To get around this, theoretically, TSL could be hosted without adding value. (Everything is already set up to do this.) But I don't know if anyone's interested.
          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
          -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

just push the end date for season 3 forward and keep tsl active during the holidays.
            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

play it day by day, doesn't hurt to attempt to host

Comment

Agreed with Tiny, Dicko and co.
                JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
                JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
                mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
                mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick

Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                  Some will be around, but many won't. Bottom line is that it's a significant advantage to have an extra week of games played on top of others, in terms of who makes All Stars.

To get around this, theoretically, TSL could be hosted without adding value. (Everything is already set up to do this.) But I don't know if anyone's interested.
                  I understand what you're saying qan but I think more people will get the chance to play that couldn't normally play than those who would normally get to play. The ones that normally play will play regardless of a holiday break. I think the benefits will far outweigh the people who don't stop playing. Plus if some vets log on during the break, it could spark more interest. Net gains imo. #bringbackholidayTSL

Originally posted by MHz
                  Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post

This shows once again that you are only in pub and online at the inactive hours of TW.
                    Lets be real... The current schedule benefits the american basers a lot. I have played 6 games in 2 weeks and I showed all games I could.. If games get played during those two weeks I think many ppl can actually play some, more time off etc.
                    And like Tiny also said, the current players with the games will show anyway.
                    Major Crisis

Comment

if people get an advantage from playing more TSL.. isn't that the point? I thought we're trying to get people online etc. also it's called the summer league or whatever, isn't summer a way worse time for getting people together because of vacations and being able to go outside ? maybe reduce TSL hours from 12 to something reasonable like 3 or 4 then let people decide if they want more TSL or want to play squad matches, burn off calories typing in pub, etc. also it kind of kills the TSL momentum because I know people look forward to it and to be without it for a week is demoralizing for the zone moral and someone might even kill themself. Plus there's a whole month to make it to all-stars afterwards. if you can't make it in a whole month maybe you aren't as good as you think (impossible obviously). food for thoughrt.

Happy holidays, Santa doesn;t exist and Star Wars is super gay - real (but still fake) spaceships are 6x better. Please consider the comunity's proposal, or you are worse than Venezuela and Jerome Scuggz combine.
                      sigpic

Comment

lol....... Hosts need a break it's a rly tough job to type a few words to a bot...

#onlyavolunteer

#ogronWemissu
                        Last edited by zidane; 12-15-2017, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Have we not got rid of this holiday break yet? Since the server went down and ruined TSL on sunday, which is a major catch up day, I believe we should open it back up on holiday break for at least 2 days to compensate for time lost.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

It'll be my only time to play
                            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                            Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim View Post
                              It'll be my only time to play
                              this
                              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist