Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All User Profiles Missing

Hello,

Went to go play and all of my user names are missing in the profile screen. I was able to remember the PW for the most current user name I want to use but I cannot get access to an older one that I want to unregister from TWD/TSL so I can use the new username on twd/tsl.

I was told a "node" was down yesterday the 17th that was causing the problem and it should soon be fixed. What's up?

I noticed all of my user names are in the profile.dat text file except my newest username.

What's going on? Thanks for your help and time.

Change anything in your configuration? And, do you have multiple installs of Continuum?
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

or pick 1 username , u fucking troll
      Leland

Comment

Answers

Originally posted by qan View Post
        Change anything in your configuration? And, do you have multiple installs of Continuum?
        Hello qan,

I did not change anything, and I only have one continuum installation.

Comment

Originally posted by Leland View Post
          or pick 1 username , u fucking troll
          Hey, Troll this.

I just got back after several years off so I thought a new username could be a good thing since I have to rebuild the skillz and I am not the subspace god I used to be. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Helps View Post
            Hello qan,

I did not change anything, and I only have one continuum installation.
            Hmmm. Is it on Steam or the normal install?

It's strange that you can see the profiles in profile.dat but they're not loading. If you'd like you can send me your profile.dat in a private message and I'll take a look. (Won't reveal any info, naturally.)

If the main issue you're concerned with is logging onto the old name to unregister from TWD/re-register on a new name, a TWD Op should be able to help. Send a ?help call about unregistering a name you lost access to. If you don't get a reply, try again later (the population is smaller these days, including the size of staff).
            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

try to right click and run as administrator. Your name might be there.
              8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

What is going on with the Steam version of Subspace? I had an update today yet there is zero information on it and now my game won't launch. I get an error from Steam saying "there was a problem when installing the update". Reinstalled it, same thing. Going to speculate, but did Steam shut us down or was it the other way around? This isn't good though.. I may be done with SS if this is the case.

Comment

Isn't that just the christmas map update?

Comment

Originally posted by Ixador View Post
                    What is going on with the Steam version of Subspace? I had an update today yet there is zero information on it and now my game won't launch. I get an error from Steam saying "there was a problem when installing the update". Reinstalled it, same thing. Going to speculate, but did Steam shut us down or was it the other way around? This isn't good though.. I may be done with SS if this is the case.
                    That's very strange. Sorry that's happened. It should only be a map and LVZ update. Maybe something wasn't formatted right.

I pushed another update today that has to do with registry keys. Hopefully that one will take and you shouldn't have an issue.

If you check this out, people are still able to log in: https://steamdb.info/app/352700/graphs/

If it's still happening please take a screenshot so we can get to the bottom of it. (Easiest way is to hit Printscreen, then go to http://snag.gy and paste it there. It'll give you a link to it instantly) I tried checking for the phrase you mentioned along with Steam and didn't get any relevant results, so I think the text must be slightly different.

Worst case, if it still won't work, there's always the non-Steam installer. But I'd really like to find out why this is happening.

Comment

Working...
                    X