Trippy Tuesdays for SysOps and User funs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trippy Tuesdays for SysOps and User funs

Every Thursday to Friday mid-day, replace the Arena with one that has no rock, set red bullets to last 100 seconds, and replace cloaker with night wasp.

Youre boring, if i was sys ops, id do all kinds of fun mods all the time. Take a xanax to ease your strong panic, fear and anxiety that you cant have one to two days a week where you feature the "Strange settings of the week" for about 36 hours and try different settings each time although i love the above to be permanent in its own separate day. But making red bullets last crazy long or energy much higher with 25% more rapid fire or Levi has 20000 energy because its a strange ship and the team hasto work together to fire on it enough times to destroy while other team defends it as the mother ship, stuff like that. How come you dont think to do stuff like that and dont get bored without it or have mega anxiety or OCD that it, Trippy Tuesdays, MUST NEVER happen and items in the store MUST be 40% over priced because a single thors or a very very short shield is such a super big deal, we should over price them,

Come on stop being robots, make a Trippy Tuesdays event where you change some settings to be crazy for a while, you can think of a 1000 of these possible,

I dont understand. how could you NOT think to do something like this and NOT be overwhelmingly tempted to have and add this fun. I try to visualize myself not having any ideas like these and leaving arena alone the same 7 days a week, and i cant fathom it, its like im some sort of empty headed Anhedonic Robot or some shit. Hard to picture the lack of Spirit

Permanent ball changes:
    hold ball timer to 24 seconds, warped if you try to leave more than 30 ship-lengths from outer walls of base with ball, ball not allowed on roof, if not 24 seconds, at least change the 11 to about 17

Attention everyone,. Heres the Tom & Jerry Duel for any Tom & Jerry Adult Theatrical Cartoon Fans out there (Made for Adult visitors to theaters from 1940 to 1967)

For a bit we were doing a "weekend flavor" now and again, but it's not done without some effort. It's not so much that there's a great fear of change or fun or anything. It's just work and time. If changing the pubmap, that also involves shutting down all bots, recycling the zone, restarting the bots, sending a Steam update and forcing a redownload for everyone not using the Steam client. Then any altered settings have to be changed and reverted manually at the correct times.

Very few people still around know how to work on settings anymore. It's not all that difficult, though. If you (or anyone else) would like to mess with settings, send me a PM here and I'll give you access to the TW Dev server so you can try a few things out. Then if it looks like it'd be an interesting weekend flavor (or something like a weekday flavor, as you're proposing), we can give it a shot. Something that requires no bot modifications is ideal. If you want to get an idea of some of the things tried before, see the sticky thread about weekend flavors.

Someone recommended repels that pull rather than push recently. That's a pretty simple one that would add some interesting gameplay. Might be worth trying this weekend or next.

The one you recommended with a Levi as a kind of mothership -- well, we did have Mothership Terrs a bit back. Think that was one of the more successful weekend flavors IIRC. Worth a re-do, most likely. Can't remember the exact settings, though. Think energy was at least 5K, and recharge was quite low.

Another one we should do is the ballpower weekend, where it's enabled the whole time.

Warping with the ball if you're from the outer walls of the base is a lot more mathematically complicated than it might seem. Not really computationally feasible/efficient. Could maybe keep it off the roof or out of the rocks, but we do already have enough annoying "you're not supposed to be here!" warps, no?

Any reason as to why you think the ball timer should be longer? Not saying it shouldn't necessarily -- just don't have much of an opinion on the matter. It would certainly increase the usefulness of ball power. Maybe someone else can chime in on that one.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

how bout giving Lancaster stronger bullets

thanks!!
      Leland

Comment

flip the map upside down
        Leland

Comment

Working...
        X