No announcement yet.

TWD Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so out the loop now but qan are you head sysop of TW now? I do not see a single other staffer communicating at all other than yourself, are you completely one man show now? If not, whoever is running the show needs to actually do something.
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

You guys acting like the game is dead, it's been active besides you 3 as of late ;> lol If you want to help, log in, join a squad and play some games. That would be great. Not sure how TSL is better than TWD, the couple of weeks playing with friends in twdd/twjd has been more fun than all 3 seasons of TSL combined. The games are closer and the teaming is better. This attitude that zone needs a league or you guys will find another game is not much of a threat since you guys aren't playing anyways. Get on, show support, play some games.

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
        People can get too burned out by TSL, so much so that they don't play TWD, it's true. Clearly, we need to stoke the fires of TWD. Yet, TSL is extremely accessible. With both of these ideas in mind, connecting the two is the current plan. Light TSL games to get the juices flowing, followed by scheduled and staff-coordinated TWD matchmaking, funnelling TSL players into TWD. Extra players can be borrowed by or even eventually recruited into TWD squads for training. Fresh blood is essential, especially refugees from other zones getting tied into the competitive scene in TW (those who have high-tier SS skills but just need some guidance to pick up TW's nuances). For years leagues have been weakening because of the lack of any real path into competitive play. The goal is to finally make one, no matter what it takes. I ask you to give it a chance, and see how it fares.

In order for this to work, captains need to be willing to borrow/eventually recruit unknowns, and show at scheduled times to at the very least play against other already established squads. With only positive ratings increases, the incentive to simply play games whenever possible becomes much greater, and squads with larger rosters who are willing to borrow, recruit and train new players will benefit.

So the goal is: get TWD back on its feet. Then move forward with prestige leagues after.

Final details are being worked out on exact schedule, but we are looking at starting the TWD/TSL combo around mid-March, with TSL finishing significantly earlier to allow a TWD Cup-style finals event to take center stage.

Along with these leagues, the Steam Visibility Round will also run around this time, delivering a healthy shot of activity and a reason for many old players to come back and see what's new.

TSL finals were a bit of a mess, for various reasons. It's being reworked for the season to come. (See TSL thread.) Also, several mechanical TSL changes should make competition much more interesting.

More info very soon. (NOTE: New TWD squad ratings change is now live for testing.)
        I think if we implement TSL for another season, TWD overall population will dwindle again as many will just forgo logging on daily in attempt to get matches with squad to logging on during set day/time for TSL. That's the big reason leagues hurt the zone, people no longer need to log on daily. Non league days have low numbers during leagues because of it and those somewhat interested in popping in see that (80'ish online) and decide to skip logging in altogether. I'd rather see 100% focus put on revamping TWD as it encourages people to log in far more and have another league be created for us to play with our friends/squads.

Comment

Originally posted by Ixador View Post
          I think if we implement TSL for another season, TWD overall population will dwindle again as many will just forgo logging on daily in attempt to get matches with squad to logging on during set day/time for TSL. That's the big reason leagues hurt the zone, people no longer need to log on daily. Non league days have low numbers during leagues because of it and those somewhat interested in popping in see that (80'ish online) and decide to skip logging in altogether. I'd rather see 100% focus put on revamping TWD as it encourages people to log in far more and have another league be created for us to play with our friends/squads.

I agree with this ^

TSL for me wasn't much fun last season. I was sick as a dog the whole time and played like crap but still..seemed like it dragged on forever with lots of waiting around in spec while Henry smoked and went afk. Not that I didn't appreciate the time Henry was putting into hosting so much but.. opening base game matchmaking over and over with only 7 people doing !p for it 20 minutes at a time only to close and start wb or jav got frustrating. The pace of games was much slower than the 2 seasons prior and the fact tsl finals could not even get players to show up was telling about the lack of enthusiasm over the whole thing in general.

I think a TWD revamp is in order. 6-8 Squad limit. New point system that rewards activity 24/7 too. (15 points for win, 5 points for loss). Scheduled times set for games where bonus points are awarded... (25 points for win, 10 points for loss). Automatically and randomly add new players on 2 to 3 newb squads that fight for top honor beginner medals. They can play whoever they want too but squad who beat these squads only get 5 points while if they lose get -15. Borrowing still enabled. Maybe even allow 2 vs 2 games in smaller arena. Perhaps borrowed players get small bonuses that transfer to their squad. Have overall player statistics like TSL incoorperated into new TWD too.. so while there is a squad ladder there is also an individual ladder with medal waiting for top 10 is stats. Incorperate Mixed ship league perhaps with flag possesion of some sort? Basing would have option but may not be realistic in this so make a new type base game that can be played with 4 on 4. Just some ideas for now.
          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

I always said TW=TWD

Comment

I think it's a good effort even if it's too late. Thing is you're never going to 'fix' the zone because half the problem is you have a bunch of players who think they're above the rules because they've been here a while. Notice how the problems are always something else: noobs, staff, TWD, etc etc. In my experience rule bending and cheating is a far greater cause for people leaving. Speaking personally I don't even bother competing in an environment where the rules aren't fair - burned once and I'm gone. As a competitive person by nature, what's the point otherwise? Yet you have so many people just in this thread who think the cause is anything but their own behaviour. This game 'wouldn't be here' without these people so what can you say? Nothing, just let the game die and blame someone else for it, maybe make a few jokes on the way out about what a dead game it is. Unpopular opinion of course.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm still open to more ideas about how new players killed the zone, though. I'm super interested in this line of reasoning. In a league which only existed because the veteran players left.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ixador View Post
                  You guys acting like the game is dead, it's been active besides you 3 as of late ;> lol If you want to help, log in, join a squad and play some games. That would be great. Not sure how TSL is better than TWD, the couple of weeks playing with friends in twdd/twjd has been more fun than all 3 seasons of TSL combined. The games are closer and the teaming is better. This attitude that zone needs a league or you guys will find another game is not much of a threat since you guys aren't playing anyways. Get on, show support, play some games.
                  1. You're only more recently in TW, we've all played it for 10+ years and it's now boring with a dwindled population to play the same 15 people over and over....
                  2. Your line about it not being a threat because we don't play anyway is silly because it proves the threat is real by the fact none of us are playing anymore LOL.
                  3. You can't be the one to push us all to get active and support and play games when you're new to this all; we've been here for 15 odd years playing and have finally slowed down now.
                  TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                  TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                  TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                  TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Don't listen to Ricko. He's a troll.
                    "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                    Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                    Dral>I can get implants

Comment

LOL @ saying ixador is newb player who wasn't here.......... :laugh:
                      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

people still play this game in 2018? jeez best of luck to all 11 of you
                        1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
                        1:pascone> folder is empty :/
                        1:Tiny> LOL
                        1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty View Post
                          hi lol
                          hey lol
                          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Cres, water u fkin wearin?
                            "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                            Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                            Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Originally posted by mtine View Post
                              Cres, water u fkin wearin?
                              1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

I really don't know where to ask this question or to get others opinion. How does everyone feel while in twdd after death spawning in a corner instead of in the middle of map

Comment

Working...
                                X