Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TSL is meant to be CASUAL.. FFS.. We all agreed that TWD is where the most fun and competitive games are situated. Thus, TSL is merely a primer for TWD games to take place. TSL is not where veterans are to go to get the most from this game, that is TWD. The whole point is to join a squad and arrange games with that squad for twdd/twjd and twbd. TSL is always going to be an unbalanced mess that lacks the competitive edge most of us seek, matches themselves are based off of WBDUEL/JAVDUEL/BASE and nothing more. If you thought otherwise, that's on you. Stop complaining about TSL and join a TWD squad already.

-IxaDor

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
      lol every change made is terrible. wiibimbo goes 14-7 in a game and gets $40 and is #1, one of the worst players to ever play, who couldn't even get close to the Top 10 in the first 2 seasons. 10 minute basing is awful. I logged in for 5 minutes and found the best player from Season 3, Racka:

1:Ogron> wiibimbo goes 14-7 and gets $40
      1:Ogron> rofl
      1:RaCka> yea its REALLY bad now

qan, congrats on ruining the league and making half the veterans quit. season 3 was a complete joke and didn't even have a finals. hope being a complete control freak trying to steal the one good thing left in TW and promoting activity from someone else was worth it. you don't play the game, have never been good, aren't online, and have absolutely no idea how to run a league or be successful.

enjoy being king of the ashes.
      My fans have returneth!
      "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
      Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
      Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Originally posted by Mythril View Post
        it's true that he doesn't have the experience of playing in competitive leagues, so his expertise isn't in having a good grasp on the heartbeat of the culture. I'm pretty sure even he would agree with this. Unfortunately, this means he's highly reliant on feedback from the community.
        Thanks for the kind words. Just want to clarify, I'm not running TSL, TWD, etc. I just made the forum posts, as they needed to be made. Everything we've done has been worked out among a small group of people, by general consensus. My role is mostly trying to keep things on task and implement changes. (Also, I do have some experience playing competitively in WB ... but that was before automated TWD, when games were still scheduled via email. Also did a bit of sharking a few years back. Nothing much to speak of, but, hey, not like I've never done it at all. Still, the point you make is accurate, and I definitely keep it in mind.)

Some of the changes are still WIP, but for the most part I think the floating ratings seem to be doing decently. The Ops have been working hard to get everyone rated, including lower-ranked players, which was a big cause of match imbalance before.

The slight adjustment in value given for killing a high-rated player might be more controversial. But in practice it rarely is a significant factor. In most situations we're talking about a change of +/-$1 in the total score. In a few cases it can be more pronounced. For example, wii received about $4 extra in value for killing Racka 4 different times (who is the highest ranked player in all of TSLD), as opposed to killing a very low-ranked player, which is much lower-hanging fruit, and arguably does not deserve as much value. So to sum up, it's not much of a boost. But I think the logic behind it is reasonably sound. Constructive criticism always very much appreciated, though. Could have a serious flaw everyone's overlooked thus far.
        "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
        -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

I think the problem is inactivity generally, but also because the TSL format is just too hard to satisfy unless you're super active. I consider myself an active player but I find myself getting pissed off at TSL because I know to rank well I need 20 wins, but getting 20 games is difficult, never mind having them be wins, and in base they have to be in spider but I keep getting sharked, so it's pretty much impossible.

Suggested improvements:
          - remove the win bonus (currently $5)
          - reduce the number of counted games (currently 20)
          - in tslb, make qualification based on overall rating only

Comment

The current season is shorter so reducing the counted games does makes sense actually .

The win bonus needs to stay in base to motivate trying to win instead of rating farming.

Qual has to be seperate for now since ship ratings gen isn't balanced.

Comment

I'd play base if there were games, but no one told me TSL was starting. Dunno why this shit is 10 minutes now tho, extremely dumb

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                I think the problem is inactivity generally, but also because the TSL format is just too hard to satisfy unless you're super active. I consider myself an active player but I find myself getting pissed off at TSL because I know to rank well I need 20 wins, but getting 20 games is difficult, never mind having them be wins, and in base they have to be in spider but I keep getting sharked, so it's pretty much impossible.

Suggested improvements:
                - remove the win bonus (currently $5)
                - reduce the number of counted games (currently 20)
                - in tslb, make qualification based on overall rating only
                I agree that number of games required needs to be reduced. I said this last season but people shot me down. The only difference this season though is the change in $ so I don’t know if this will make it more difficult.
                In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

base needs changing back to 15 mins
                  and no 6v6
                  Last edited by Rab; 03-25-2018, 05:18 PM.

Comment

I've never even heard of tsl until a week ago so forgive me if anything I say is just repeating what's been said in the past...

My first impression is that this entire thing is just a staff organized ?go base/wbduel/javduel in the sense that literally anybody can play. I'm obviously bias but I too would prefer basing be 15 minutes. Theres a LOT of people that have never played any type of league before participating in this (which is a good thing) and that makes it that much harder to organize a proper effort to take and/or hold the base. If time consumption is an issue then just start your zoners 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. If you want it to be ?go base then screw it and just play with whatever you got after 10 minutes of signups. If you want it to actually matter treat it like any other twd/twl basing game and make it 15 minutes.

I have no idea what the minimums are to qualify for the finals or whatever (And I don't care because I wouldn't participate regardless even if I did qualify) but my only real gripe is that the top 10 in each division has absolutely nothing to do with how well they played, only how MUCH they played. Player A can be an average/below average player with 15 games played and worth significantly more than a really good Player B who has only played 4-5 games. This won't affect me directly but for those that actually want a TSL medal (LOL) I think it sucks....Unless Player A applies to you.
                    1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
                    Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

Playing 6v6s in base is so dumb. Just play wb/jav until more players log and compensate by playing more games later in the night when the population spikes and people log in. The more I see 6v6 minutes to 10 minutes the less interested I become in TSL...

If this 10 min thing isn't changed back to 15 min, I won't be playing much this season

Comment

I used !backfill and it added me over people who did !p

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                          I used !backfill and it added me over people who did !p
                          Forgot to say, should be fixed now. Let me know if not.
                          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                          -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                            Forgot to say, should be fixed now. Let me know if not.
                            Letting you know it's still not working.
                            Can probably just turn it off, I only used it because I thought it worked, can easily just not !playing

Also the thick line for multi-ship should be after row 10.
                            http://trenchwars.org/tsl/index.php?...ayer&id=846534

Comment

Working...
                            X