TWD Cup Proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWD Cup Proposal

Here’s a proposal that I thought about that would be fair for all, and could include people that actively participated in TWD Cup and could allow people that want to help the game continue to play, but were on squads that didn’t qualify as before most leagues, squads that don’t qualify can join other teams. Typically there is a qualification, season, and playoffs. We have a qualification/season in one, so rules should be adjusted as such.

So, the lock was to keep people from squad hopping and stacking last minute to make it fair, blah blah, we all agree to this. That being said, why not allow the people who actively participated and did not hop and made twd better to still participate? This is the first time trying the TWD Cup thing, so it is evolving, so adding things wouldn’t be out of the question, especially in the shape tw is in. If all the following players were on one team, I could see an issue, but these players spread across 10 squads (some 2 leagues) would not change a team from last to first.

I propose allowing a draft before the Cup, for players who were on a squad 10 days before the lock on an active participating squad who played more than 10 games in that particular league. From this a made a small list of players….

Envy and Psyiagon had more than 10 games, but envy did not qualify for twdd and did for jd, so we exclude them from this. So essentially allow the following players from psyiagon to be drafted before TWD Cup, as well as allowing people from Pure Luck to be drafted, as these were the only two active (10+ games) who didn’t get in.

Psyiagon

Ixador
    Steep
    Deft
    Wicket666
    tiger the crab
    ellis d
    fiora
    kai-
    Heisman

Pure Luck

Tiny
    Ardour
    Commodo
    Dele
    LF
    Ricko
    Supra

As you can see, Psyiagon has some players, but does not really have any that would completely disrupt the flow or outcome of twdd. No offense meant. Pure Luck however could throw a wrench into TWJD if grouped up, but I think evenly spreading them across teams ranked worst to best (skill wise) not rank wise, because we all know who is better, could be even.

I assigned points based on ranking in the league and combined them across two, to get a fair draft order.

Squad TWDD TWJD Total
    Equinox 3 3
    Sulake 1 2 3
    Paladen 2 1 3
    Envy 5 5
    Ill 4 4 8
    Potenza 5 3 8

Draft Order Snaked like TWDT

Equinox
    Sulake
    Paladen
    Envy
    Ill
    Potenza

Work done for you. You’re welcome. Please take the time to logically think about the reasoning and the ending result and I think you would come to the same conclusion.

1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Looks really well laid out and simple, I appreciate the work you did Tiny. At least you did something, unlike myself, who just bitched and moaned lol.. I did notice a few people missing who have been active yet aren't able to compete, I.D, Flew, YojiBimbo^ and Rasaq are just a few off the top of my head. Pretty sure there are more, just can't think of them at this time. Other than that, this is something I believe staff can work with and have little to argue about since it's completely fair for everyone and is a win win. Really good stuff Tiny. Your the shit my amigo!

-IxaDor

Edit: OH yea, what is the deal with Amnesti? Is Henry, Wirah and Qan still going to force him to either join Potenza (a squad who doesn't want him back) or keep him from playing? If it's a real problem for him staying on Ill (shouldn't be with jav gods like Zidane/Vsy/RaCka/ect.) then would it be better to add him to this draft? Would hate to see an active player like him to be left out entirely from playing. Thanks.

Comment

It's a cool idea that I'm sure most would be on board for. Unfortunately it's a no go, envy really wants to win twd. The tourny hasn't started yet so it's also way too late to make changes.

Focus on the next big event geio will host like go zombies or fishies

Comment

This was strictly related to the squads and players who stayed on their squad that didn't qualify. As for people joining late, hopping squads....I'm not concerned, nor does this pertain to them. This is the few people I feel this affects negatively as they are the only ones not in it and are active. Those who hopped ship, that's their own fault on whatever happens to them.

Originally posted by MHz
        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ixador View Post
          Looks really well laid out and simple, I appreciate the work you did Tiny. At least you did something, unlike myself, who just bitched and moaned lol.. I did notice a few people missing who have been active yet aren't able to compete, I.D, Flew, YojiBimbo^ and Rasaq are just a few off the top of my head. Pretty sure there are more, just can't think of them at this time. Other than that, this is something I believe staff can work with and have little to argue about since it's completely fair for everyone and is a win win. Really good stuff Tiny. Your the shit my amigo!

-IxaDor

Edit: OH yea, what is the deal with Amnesti? Is Henry, Wirah and Qan still going to force him to either join Potenza (a squad who doesn't want him back) or keep him from playing? If it's a real problem for him staying on Ill (shouldn't be with jav gods like Zidane/Vsy/RaCka/ect.) then would it be better to add him to this draft? Would hate to see an active player like him to be left out entirely from playing. Thanks.

Id got axed off her squad...I don't know why, but maybe let play depending on, flew's squad didn't have enough games based on my criteria(not that my criteria matters), unless the take my idea and let all non-qualified draft in, rasaq has been on equinox for forever? yoji, I guess was Gass on psyiagon, should be allowed to join draft. Amnesti should be let to play on Potenza or nothing, sorry ill bros, and if Potenza doesn't want him? sorry.

My thoughts.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Wasting ur time, decision was already made.
            In future, place more value on keeping/growing ur squads than failcascading over a 3 day tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
              It's a cool idea that I'm sure most would be on board for. Unfortunately it's a no go, envy really wants to win twd. The tourny hasn't started yet so it's also way too late to make changes.

Focus on the next big event geio will host like go zombies or fishies
              LOL

Are we honestly so morally bankrupt that we’re allowing Geio to host another league? I’m sure he’s highly capable, but let’s take historical context into consideration. Listen, I’m not a superstitious guy, but the last 2 times this guy tried to host twl/twdt he broke his leg, his grandmother ended up in the hospital, his internet crashed for 3 months and he impregnated his girlfriend with quintuplets.. all resulting in him being understandably forced out of running the league. This is obviously a mixed bag of good and bad, but I’m just asking us to at least weigh the ethics here.
              PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
              ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

You host a league myth since your the big shot....almost as big as your nose....probably got punched too many times for running his duck lips 😂
                Geio> Down to chill and play that
                Best> rather log off and attempt to suck my own d

Comment

Let everyone play...
                  Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                  Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                  Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                  Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Geio, Mythril, zidane, I like this state of mind, if you have the balls, be present when your teams will compete so that I can see who is good and who is a big shit.

Comment

Yo.. Is Henry Saari, Wirah and Qan going to avoid this thread until after Sunday or what? Surprised no one other than Geio has commented and let's be real, Geio has his own agenda with Envy concerning the issue. Not sure why they would want to do finals with players like Hellrazor, Jebass and Pee Pee Sock but it doesn't matter I guess. I do hope that the individuals who are responsible for this cup, look at this and consider it/let us know their ruling. Cheers.

-IxaDor

PS: I was thinking we could hold the draft Saturday or Sunday morning? Saturday would be preferred I think, so people drafted can get some time to acclimate to their squads.

Comment

In a basement far away in a cold land, Ogron is wanking off to this dysfunctional display of league management in his Samwell Tarly costume.
                        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

A suggestion like this was already considered. This is not twdt, only 3 day twd playoffs.

Comment

I could support this idea but the ratings of squads should determine the order of picks and not the placement. Qan is out of town for a while. Not sure if this will fly though as it sort of changes dynamics totally of quali's and could be unfair to squads who field 5 already wanting to play. In the event squads are short members though to pick up the slack this is a good idea.
                            TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                              In a basement far away in a cold land, Ogron is wanking off to this dysfunctional display of league management in his Samwell Tarly costume.
                              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                              X