No announcement yet.

Trench Wars Summer 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's get 1 vs 1 TWEL and TSL going for summer.

Also I have this multi league idea for the new summer TWD ladder reset. The TWD Ladder would not only count for squad rankings but also count for individual player stats which would accrue towards multiple things at once. Individual TWD scores would become part of TSL scores while still hosting reg season TSL matches too.. so combine twd and tsl stats(could come up with limits .. maybe like use top 5 best TWD games or something.) A new TWDT Rankings/Placement/Star system for a twdt season following could be based off these player twd stats too. Then have another summer TWD Cup but with a more flexible playoff schedule where squads choose when to play(obviously strict scheduling did NOT work out great this 1st twd cup season). And finally have an ALL STAR game at close of summer TWD ladder where top 3 or 4 players of each squad in stats get invited. Top squad members get to compete with and against each other. TWD LADDER stats would determine all these things with the exception of TSL which would use both its own stats and top 5 or so games of twd stats combined. Basically an all in one system with multiple types of playoff competitions resulting. TSL would still be hosted but would not be the only way to get stats on this TSL ladder. I have more details but wanted to throw my idea out there. This could have a multi faceted appeal and hopefully keep activity and action at a max. There would be many avenues for everyone to compete for and multiple placement options for players to have chances for.
    Last edited by Jessup; 05-13-2018, 09:56 PM.
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
      If I'm honest about what I want, never mind what is feasible...

I want to log on, every evening, and play ?go base and/or ?go javduel, from about 2PM EST to 5PM EST.

If enough people want this, it's just a case of people logging on...
      Agree 100% and I'm the same. I want to know the start time and login with others ready to play. This worked for TSL so it can work here.

I suppose we just need to make everyone aware of the start time. I'd show up most days for an evening of gameplay.

The only problem I see is that if we advertise this as multiple events then they might go against each other. ?go base competing against ?go javduel resulting in neither being able to start. We could come up with a schedule but it's tricky to move everyone somewhere else, they might want to just continue with javduel and base gets neglected.

I think the first step could be to openly advertise that javduel will be starting every week night from 2PM EST. Let this become a trend, set in stone, and take it from there?
      Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

Originally posted by LF View Post
        I think 4 is more realistic than 6, play all teams twice or something like that. Who do you suggest to run it?
        I see no problem with a tournament of 4 squads where the regular season table lasts a couple of months, games every Sunday, everyone plays everyone multiple times, like you said. Playoffs, Finals etc.
        Obviously more squads would be preferred, but realistically 4 is still do-able.
        I'd play for sure. TWD Cup was still fun for those who bothered to show up and play. Just knowing that you have a game coming up on Sunday is exciting, to those taking it somewhat seriously. I just think we need a quick revamp of the website so players have somewhere to check.
        Last edited by Wirah; 05-14-2018, 05:53 AM.

Comment

There seems to be 88 squads going into Summer 2018. Sounds fun.
          TWDT Power Squadron Triple Crown Win 2018 Season. Base, Javelin and Warbird Medals.
          TWDTB Season 15 Trench Wars Draft Basing: TWDTB Champion & Medal
          TSLB All-Star Season 2: Medal 1 Win-Baser in 2 or 4 to 10 Zones('Grab the Flag')&Paladen Best Old Squad 50 Members-former whiterabbits squad, fan and member: Invincible
          ~Babylon 5 spider insider.sigpic former No Surrender and No Surrender II,loyal to Anti-Scrub~ Kongregate Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Ixador View Post
            I'd also be inclined to revamping TWD again.. this TWDCup could of been quite successful had it been ran properly. They were close to getting it right but the refusal to listen to feedback was their demise at the end of the day.
            There are definitely some things that can be improved based on the lessons from TWD Cup 1. This should be smoother next time round.

Comment

This next league is the most crucial for tw it's either gonna help the zone live another year or this summer will be last. Don't pick wrong or you'll be the next eg.

Comment

Originally posted by GLYDE123 View Post
                This next league is the most crucial for tw it's either gonna help the zone live another year or this summer will be last. Don't pick wrong or you'll be the next eg.
                @Glyde I don't think so. I mean, Henry and Co. did a number on the zone with this last league and people still log on. They could botch the next league and people will still play unfortunately. A large part of EG's demise was FC, there are too many dedicated hard working staffers in TW to allow their zone to fall anytime soon. That could change of course but for now we are fine.

I do hope this next big summer event is done properly though, I think staff are actively trying to receive and utilize player feedback after the disaster twd cup was.

@Wirah. Right on man, thanks for letting me know. I look forward to seeing what the future brings next. Keep up the hard work.

-IxaDor

Comment

Originally posted by Ixador View Post
                  @Glyde I don't think so. I mean, Henry and Co. did a number on the zone with this last league and people still log on. They could botch the next league and people will still play unfortunately. A large part of EG's demise was FC, there are too many dedicated hard working staffers in TW to allow their zone to fall anytime soon. That could change of course but for now we are fine.

I do hope this next big summer event is done properly though, I think staff are actively trying to receive and utilize player feedback after the disaster twd cup was.

@Wirah. Right on man, thanks for letting me know. I look forward to seeing what the future brings next. Keep up the hard work.

-IxaDor
                  ROFL........... This guy............
                  TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                  TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                  TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                  TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                  TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                  TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Best shot as Zidane said earlier, would be another TWDT, or some type of form of it.
                    TSL doesn’t interest me and neither does this fantasy TWD cup.
                    I find more interest being drafted onto a team and performing on Sundays. I’m sure other vets find the same mutual interest as I do.
                    Unfortunately, players such as myself will not dedicate a frequent amount of time throughout the week to play this. But I can definitely show up for a day for a few hours. As I’m sure others can too.
                    But, we need to see how many people will signup for the draft to have an idea of what we are dealing with, and have someone who is willing to dedicate the amount of time to run a draft league.
                    I understand a lot of you hate Ogron, but the amount of time and passion he put into the last few draft leagues with his HONs, organization, and structure has been like no other draft league we have done in the recent years.
                    Someone like Ogron is needed for people to be interested in logging in. I like seeing the drama, the HONs, the beef. It motivates me to logon. And that’s what we need.
                    But if we do end up doing some type of draft league, I will message everyone I have on my contacts to signup. I’m sure they will have time to at least logon once on sundays.
                    FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
                    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
                    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
                    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
                    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
                    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
                    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
                    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
                    #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Theres some good ideas in here....and I am absolutely all for setting somebody up for success to do these things but I am still running into the same problem....who? I simply can't do it. I will not be here. Ogron is off the table as well, even if he did return. He cannot be trusted with any sort of power. I'm hoping if I keep pointing it out SOMEBODY will step up. As stated in my first post, the hardest part of being staff is the constant PLANNING and even with the most perfect plans somebody will always find something to complain about. The actual effort of doing the leagues is extremely easy, albeit time consuming. Is it the current staff ruining the game for some people? Or is it the lack of quality/capable staffers willing to help?

Hopefully I can get some pub input on this thread as well, as I don't want to become one dimensional and focus on competitive play only

Edit: Crip <3
                      1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
                      Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

open a thread with signups/run adverts asking people to sign up. staff too lazy to do even that and instead want to run more trash tsl cause it's all automated

Comment

Deleted by IxaDor
                          Last edited by IxaDor; 05-14-2018, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LF View Post
                            Theres some good ideas in here....and I am absolutely all for setting somebody up for success to do these things but I am still running into the same problem....who? I simply can't do it. I will not be here. Ogron is off the table as well, even if he did return. He cannot be trusted with any sort of power. I'm hoping if I keep pointing it out SOMEBODY will step up. As stated in my first post, the hardest part of being staff is the constant PLANNING and even with the most perfect plans somebody will always find something to complain about. The actual effort of doing the leagues is extremely easy, albeit time consuming. Is it the current staff ruining the game for some people? Or is it the lack of quality/capable staffers willing to help?

Hopefully I can get some pub input on this thread as well, as I don't want to become one dimensional and focus on competitive play only

Edit: Crip <3
                            Luv u papi miss u
                            FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
                            SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
                            SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
                            SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
                            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
                            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
                            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
                            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
                            #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

I agree with everything cripple put - organised, competitive games on a sunday is what will drag a lot of vets back. A lot of us can't play more than once/twice a week but want to play in the main leagues too. Removing the only competitive aspects of the game and nullifying the point of anyone logging in once a week (can't compete in TSL or TWD Cup without playing about 5 times a week) means you're excluding large parts of the community, and only catering to Sulake/Paladen.
                              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                              TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                              TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Wonder if TSL Season 5 is going to happen.
                                TWDT Power Squadron Triple Crown Win 2018 Season. Base, Javelin and Warbird Medals.
                                TWDTB Season 15 Trench Wars Draft Basing: TWDTB Champion & Medal
                                TSLB All-Star Season 2: Medal 1 Win-Baser in 2 or 4 to 10 Zones('Grab the Flag')&Paladen Best Old Squad 50 Members-former whiterabbits squad, fan and member: Invincible
                                ~Babylon 5 spider insider.sigpic former No Surrender and No Surrender II,loyal to Anti-Scrub~ Kongregate Champion!

Comment

Working...
                                X