Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trench Wars Summer 2018

Trench Wars Summer 2018

Historically, the summer months have always been the most difficult time to keep people logging in, for good reason. I expect this summer to be no different. We need to figure out what we can do as an entire community to keep this game off life support through the summer until ~September-ish. Some plans have already been laid out in regards to potential leagues/summer activities (I dont even know what they are yet but I know it centers around reviving TWD) but what I'm attempting to do is get CONSTRUCTIVE feedback before anything gets set in stone. What can we do as a zone to get you and maybe even a few of your friends to log in a bit this summer? Please don't respond with things like "Axe Jessup", "Kill yourself", "Pay me to play". etc. I have plenty of ideas of my own but surely there's plenty more to be heard.

You all complain about the way things are run constantly, well here is your chance to decide in advance how you want to spend your summer, should you decide to spend it with us. Do you want TSL again? Do you have unique ideas to revive twd? Should pub bux somehow be integrated more into competitive play (elim, belim, etc). Pub weekend flavors? Pizza Tournys? TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT. I can't guarantee that everyone will get what they want but I can guarantee that every 'realistic' suggestion will be considered and openly shared during the planning process.

With all that said, please keep in mind that regardless of what is done. Staff needs HELP. Not just in the planning stages but with implementation as well. A lot of the preconceived notions about Henry are just flat out wrong. He does NOT want to do everything by himself. Being staff is a hugely thankless job, I'd say moreso for our community than almost any other on the internet. People here are super quick to flame and tear apart anyone who is less than perfect while refusing to contribute anything of substance of their own. Obviously that doesnt apply to EVERYBODY, but its certainly the overwhelming majority. With just a few warm bodies to share the workload (Its more planning than anything) we can put a really good product out there for the zone.

tl;dr version:

Tell us what you want. Lets DISCUSS if its realistic and how to implement it. The only bad idea is the one you don't share. Consider helping us IMPLEMENT your plans. Staff is not hard work at all, just have to have a thick skin and lots and lots of patience.
    1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Quote Originally Posted by mtine View Post
    Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

If I'm honest about what I want, never mind what is feasible...

I want to log on, every evening, and play ?go base and/or ?go javduel, from about 2PM EST to 5PM EST.

If enough people want this, it's just a case of people logging on...

would play TWDT if we could get atleast 6 teams of adequate size

Quote Originally Posted by Rab View Post

I want to log on, every evening, and play ?go base and/or ?go javduel, from about 2PM EST to 5PM EST.

I don't think this is unrealistic. Every single night might be a stretch but maybe try to set some nights and certain times so people know when to login.... My concern with that would be "IF" we did get enough to play, and benched some newbies....history will just repeat itself and nobody will bother leaving pub to play

Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Quote Originally Posted by zidane View Post
    would play TWDT if we could get atleast 6 teams of adequate size
    I think 4 is more realistic than 6, play all teams twice or something like that. Who do you suggest to run it?

Quote Originally Posted by LF View Post
    I don't think this is unrealistic. Every single night might be a stretch but maybe try to set some nights and certain times so people know when to login.... My concern with that would be "IF" we did get enough to play, and benched some newbies....history will just repeat itself and nobody will bother leaving pub to play
    Another factor was the cram made basing a bit stale. After a year or two of cramming we really should have changed the map a bit for some freshness.

you can run it since you seem to want to make a difference and have experience. trying to get signups would be the first step to see if its even possible

Major Crisis/Ownix Major Crisis's Avatar
    you can run it since you seem to want to make a difference and have experience. trying to get signups would be the first step to see if its even possible

I think it would be possible, BUT only if the lower star group gets more play time even... I mean most of the 9+ stars from last season disappeared already and I am not even sure if they will return. I know some of them definately will, cripple and u for example. I am sure Tiny, Commodo and some other will play too.
    Or it would be all about spreading the high stars over the teams, cuz I am sure none of us is waiting for another few stacked teams vs some worthless teams.
    Major Crisis

I will not be here. I'm going overseas for work in the 2nd week of June. So I'm trying to do what I can NOW in an attempt to set the zone up for success

TWDT would be great if we could get the right people to lead it. I would love to come back and captain again, I've learned a lot my first go at it and have a lot more confidence now going forward.

I'd also be inclined to revamping TWD again.. this TWDCup could of been quite successful had it been ran properly. They were close to getting it right but the refusal to listen to feedback was their demise at the end of the day. If level headed and logically thinking individuals could run it, I have no doubt it would be successful. Overlooking small squads which boost activity, locking out active players and wanting forfeits rather than gameplay needs to change for it to work.

I'd also like to see some push towards basing, while I hate it unless I can play ship 7, it is very healthy for the zone due to the amount of people needed to get games going. Not sure how to do this but maybe we can run fun promo's like Friday Night Base Fights and Sunday Basing Madness? I'd rather see this be run through TWBD channels, since the boost in activity will also boost squads and TWD in general. Thanks.

-IxaDor
    Last edited by IxaDor; 05-13-2018 at 04:25 PM.

if you want to do something now, start working on signups. ogron had a huge spreadsheet of people he would send msgs to for signups. at the worst should have past draft results and send msgs to the ppl who played in recent seasons. anyway just my two cents as i think tsl is a snoozefest, actually "running" the league isn't hard.. like you put up a schedule and copy the rules of past seasons.

majors point - stacking won't be an issue since there's hardly any good players .. unless someone picks like pee pee sock round 1 should be fine

hard part will be getting people to sign up, im sure there are enough staffers to actually host the games also

I suggest an easy 1v1 2v2 duel league given the population and the failure of competitive 3v3 4v4 in the cup. Get solid competition at that level and then it will grow. Plus you can get a 1v1 literally anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by GLYDE123 View Post
    I suggest an easy 1v1 2v2 duel league given the population and the failure of competitive 3v3 4v4 in the cup. Get solid competition at that level and then it will grow. Plus you can get a 1v1 literally anytime.
    This should be easily doable. In fact I already have a specific person in mind who not only COULD do this but would probably enjoy doing it.

I'm gonna keep taking in ideas and I'll summarize at the end of the thread, but bare in mind a lot of these suggestions, albeit good ones, require a human element to make them work

The current most popular plan from the 11 guys behind TWD 2.0 is a small basing cup to be announced any hour/day now (internal politics bs getting in the way)! But there would be more to come very soon during that!

The basers need some love after having no TWD action. The cup could be draft style or a Basing World Cup say with 4-6 countries/regions, depending on the amount of signups we get. During that small tourney a new season of TWD would also start, which would lead to either an improved TWD Cup or hopefully to an entirely new league - TWST - Trench Wars Squad Tournament.

TWST would be a hybrid between TWDT and TWL. Taking the best elements from both of the most successful 'top' leagues. Players would organize into squads with their friends/people you tolerate/want to team with/whatever like in TWD/TWL but we'd be using the star rating system from TWDT for fielding players (only for starting players, not for rostered ones!) I.e. squad must field 1x6 star 1x7star and so forth to ensure games are somewhat non-stacked but still decent in quality like in TWDT!

What do you guys think about this? Does it sound like fun or should we scrap this entirely and have a simple twdt?

Sounds like a f___ing nightmare to keep track of and officiate not saying it's a bad idea. Basing world cup sounds super kewl.

Let's get 1 vs 1 TWEL and TSL going for summer.

Also I have this multi league idea for the new summer TWD ladder reset. The TWD Ladder would not only count for squad rankings but also count for individual player stats which would accrue towards multiple things at once. Individual TWD scores would become part of TSL scores while still hosting reg season TSL matches too.. so combine twd and tsl stats(could come up with limits .. maybe like use top 5 best TWD games or something.) A new TWDT Rankings/Placement/Star system for a twdt season following could be based off these player twd stats too. Then have another summer TWD Cup but with a more flexible playoff schedule where squads choose when to play(obviously strict scheduling did NOT work out great this 1st twd cup season). And finally have an ALL STAR game at close of summer TWD ladder where top 3 or 4 players of each squad in stats get invited. Top squad members get to compete with and against each other. TWD LADDER stats would determine all these things with the exception of TSL which would use both its own stats and top 5 or so games of twd stats combined. Basically an all in one system with multiple types of playoff competitions resulting. TSL would still be hosted but would not be the only way to get stats on this TSL ladder. I have more details but wanted to throw my idea out there. This could have a multi faceted appeal and hopefully keep activity and action at a max. There would be many avenues for everyone to compete for and multiple placement options for players to have chances for.
    Last edited by Jessup; 05-13-2018 at 08:56 PM.
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rab View Post

Agree 100% and I'm the same. I want to know the start time and login with others ready to play. This worked for TSL so it can work here.

I suppose we just need to make everyone aware of the start time. I'd show up most days for an evening of gameplay.

The only problem I see is that if we advertise this as multiple events then they might go against each other. ?go base competing against ?go javduel resulting in neither being able to start. We could come up with a schedule but it's tricky to move everyone somewhere else, they might want to just continue with javduel and base gets neglected.

I think the first step could be to openly advertise that javduel will be starting every week night from 2PM EST. Let this become a trend, set in stone, and take it from there?
    -Wirah (Method/Mefod)

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by LF View Post
    I think 4 is more realistic than 6, play all teams twice or something like that. Who do you suggest to run it?
    I see no problem with a tournament of 4 squads where the regular season table lasts a couple of months, games every Sunday, everyone plays everyone multiple times, like you said. Playoffs, Finals etc.
    Obviously more squads would be preferred, but realistically 4 is still do-able.
    I'd play for sure. TWD Cup was still fun for those who bothered to show up and play. Just knowing that you have a game coming up on Sunday is exciting, to those taking it somewhat seriously. I just think we need a quick revamp of the website so players have somewhere to check.
    Last edited by Wirah; 05-14-2018 at 04:53 AM.
    -Wirah (Method/Mefod)

Liberal,Basing,Red,Yellow Soldier13's Avatar
    There seems to be 88 squads going into Summer 2018. Sounds fun.
    Season 1 Starcraft 2 Team 4vs4 League Silver Medalist, Season 1 Starcraft 2 Duel 1vs1 Bronze Medalist
    TWDTB Season 15 Trench Wars Draft Basing: TWDTB Champion & Medal
    TSLB All-Star Season 2: Medal 1 Win-Baser in 2 or 4 to 10 Zones('Grab the Flag')&Paladen Best Old Squad 50 Members-former whiterabbits squad, fan and member: Invincible
    ~Babylon 5 spider insider. former No Surrender and No Surrender II,loyal to Anti-Scrub~ Kongregate Champion!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixador View Post
    I'd also be inclined to revamping TWD again.. this TWDCup could of been quite successful had it been ran properly. They were close to getting it right but the refusal to listen to feedback was their demise at the end of the day.
    There are definitely some things that can be improved based on the lessons from TWD Cup 1. This should be smoother next time round.
    -Wirah (Method/Mefod)