No announcement yet.

Elim - Changes & New Season Coming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen people win it multiple times in a row way more than I can count. Also it shows huge wins in the chat 5 times in a row how am I supposed to know they're losing money? I just spend 10 mins in pub, see that pee pee sock or Envithyx won $600,000 by sending a line to the bot, and guarantees I will never spend any effort on $16k elim wins again. Seeing that dollar amount at the end is such an insult.. there are actual good players wanting to play elim please don't scare them away with terrible rewards for their time, effort, and the reduced population in pub. 500 decoys isn't enough reward for the effort a Winner such as myself puts in, sorry. Maybe I'll start a GoFundMe or else my time is better spent earning Roblox dollars..
    sigpic

Comment

i won 4 in a row yesterday with a decent amount playing and got i think 51k for the last win, it's a start but could probably be improved since I don't think that's a lot for any actual ppl who pub. not that i use pub bucks anyway

Comment

A higher streak bonus would be good imo. Reward the winner.

But also a streak breaker bonus for the person who beats them. To try and keep games going when someone's dominating.

Comment

side note: why are stats already reset... way to waste peoples time who played yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
            side note: why are stats already reset... way to waste peoples time who played yesterday
            Season starts June 15. We're testing new features at present. Expect changes and another reset when the season starts, possibly several more in between now and then. It's an unfortunate byproduct of a game that is not monetized in any way and has a tiny development staff working in spare time that we have to test live. Alternative is basically to not have development.
            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
            -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

-1 . .
              Last edited by Sulla; 06-05-2018, 02:50 PM.
              WB WORST SHIP EVER LUL

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                A higher streak bonus would be good imo. Reward the winner.

But also a streak breaker bonus for the person who beats them. To try and keep games going when someone's dominating.
                That is part of the new formula
                - MS

Comment

Can you tell us what the formula is? Or do we have to try and reverse engineer it?

Comment

Can you tell us what the formula is? Or do we have to try and reverse engineer it?
                    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Notice 2 tabs - 1 for rating and 1 for rewards
                    - MS

Comment

Battle Royale Idea

As a weekend event (or potentially being introduced more frequently), the idea of a Battle Royale styled game has been brought up. The main premise being that as players are eliminated, the map shrinks, similar to how fortnite games are played.

Potential Game Details

1 - Players begin with 1 life. As players are eliminated the map shrinks smaller. If you are caught outside the doors when the map shrinks, you will automatically be eliminated, OR, be warped into the live area (This would depend on your feedback). Last person standing wins.

AND / OR

2- Players vote on the number of lives, just like a regular elim match. As players are eliminated, or after x amount of time, the map will shrink smaller. Players caught outside of the doors will be penalized with additional death added on, as well as being warped into the action.

Any feedback with ideas, concerns, etc. would be appreciated. Would like to get a wave of testing in before the season starts on the 15th!!
                      - MS

Comment

I had thought of this too, and thought it sounded like a good idea, but have changed my mind.

The idea of BR is to keep the action going, so people at the end aren't super far apart and taking ages.
                        Players in SS generally don't refuse to fight because we police it ourselves by talking shit about the person doing it.
                        So I don't think players would choose BR mode over standard elim, therefore there's not really any point making it, other than being able to say "yo kids, ss has battle royale, we're still relevant".

Comment

I had thought of this too, and thought it sounded like a good idea, but have changed my mind.

The idea of BR is to keep the action going, so people at the end aren't super far apart and taking ages.
                          Players in SS generally don't refuse to fight because we police it ourselves by talking shit about the person doing it.
                          So I don't think players would choose BR mode over standard elim, therefore there's not really any point making it, other than being able to say "yo kids, ss has battle royale, we're still relevant".
                          This is thought of as a weekend mashup event, not so much to prevent the refusal to fight. If it picks up traction, I was thinking we can make a new arena and host this event independently as well
                          - MS

Comment

Do we have to use TWD names? It killed elim as you might expect. Rewarding people with $500 for a 20 minute win against RaCka, Jessup, Supra, and TW-Bot2 only put it in a weakened state.

No wait, Battle Royale mode with all 5 people left playing including TW-Bot2 and 1. Instead of the elim you're supposed to be fixing. And change the map back please at least to the old jav one maybe with updated tiles there is no room in this map.

If you ask I might tell you all my design ideas for a mode that is more tactical in nature and could even have a BR game type available. The idea would be to make a base for warbirds. I saw it mentioned and had that idea as well maybe we can share ideas here or elsewhere wherever works.

- SKYRIM 6
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dierienow View Post
                              Do we have to use TWD names? It killed elim as you might expect. Rewarding people with $500 for a 20 minute win against RaCka, Jessup, Supra, and TW-Bot2 only put it in a weakened state.

No wait, Battle Royale mode with all 5 people left playing including TW-Bot2 and 1. Instead of the elim you're supposed to be fixing. And change the map back please at least to the old jav one maybe with updated tiles there is no room in this map.

If you ask I might tell you all my design ideas for a mode that is more tactical in nature and could even have a BR game type available. The idea would be to make a base for warbirds. I saw it mentioned and had that idea as well maybe we can share ideas here or elsewhere wherever works.

- SKYRIM 6
                              TWD-enabled names are no longer required to play, but they're still required to be able to ladder. A bug relating to that system (which was killing elim by not allowing games to continue) has been fixed. Also, people have been earning upwards of $50K for wins recently for wins in larger games. It's not anything incredible, I admit ... but we're just not going to give away $300K for a single elim when some players spend literally years to grind out a few million. The amount has increased substantially compared to what it was before, which was admittedly pitiful. And most importantly, it scales extremely rapidly based on the difficulty of winning.

As far as I'm aware this is the old jav map. Unless you mean the 2016 one. When it came out, many people were not so fond of it. But perhaps people had just gotten used to it? It's all a matter of perspective. The plan is to cycle out maps somewhat frequently. If you would like to help this effort, editing maps is easy enough that a child could do it -- and, indeed, many of our maps were made by creative teenagers, heh.

WB in base sounds interesting, certainly. If you have an idea, you should share it. Get discussion brewing.
                              "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                              -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

I wonder if you can buy different ship skins in elim using pub-bux. 3 dif skins for jav/ 3 for warbird. I had this idea for TWD but maybe since they added spacebux in elim, they could try it out?

Buy ship 3 (Blue jav): Cost 100k spacebux + 40 jav elim games played
                                Buy ship 4 (cool design jav): Cost 250k spacebux + 80 jav elim games played.
                                Buy ship 5 (USA jav): Cost 400k spacebux + 120 jav elim games played

Same for the warbird- but with ships 6-8.

This idea would mean spacebux will be worth collecting/ people with the usa skin ships might impress other players. Could make elim more popular.
                                1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Working...
                                X