Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Elim - Changes & New Season Coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Guero View Post
    I don't wanna be a bulling but, what about adding a shame comment when someone kills you too many times and when you've lost too many times, same way it works for the winning streak.
    Example: TOMA lost again! he should consider go back to pub.
    TOMA has died 5 times in a row ... can not even hit the rocks!

Ranking should not be only numbers, also categorize like bronze silver platinum master.... depends on duel ranking ... kills statistics ... medals ...

TWD champion here.
    The formula has been changed considerably to better reflect skill. The finishing touches are being put on as we speak, and when its completed I will share it so everyone has an understanding of how rating/rankings are calculated.
    - MS

Accomodations and recognition is good. But those aren't primary motivators since if nobody plays the game then recognition doesn't really matter etc. And I always thought immediate tangible rewards work best. If you could go fuck up pub for an hour because of a huge win in a 15 man elim, I think that is a nice motivator.

I WAS thinking like $1 mill in pub bux to the winner. But it should probably be lower, at something like $250k-500k for a win. 2econd place gets a pat on the back or something.

Maybe I am incorrect but the current reward for winning elim is something like $1000 pub bux which is disgusting. If you are trying to get people to leave pub and play elim (probably a dumb idea anyway since everything is dead but pub and more people in elim = less players in pub) you should make it worth their time by a large margin. That's assuming real money isn't an option. Would be cool to win beer money or something by winning on a packed Friday or Saturday night. But if you're sticking with pub bux it does have to be a large amount since you're asking people to leave the fun of pub, maybe get forced on a different team 10 mins later etc.

Also my other idea to just put elim inside of pub so people can chat and add to the overall vibe of pub instead of creating two empty arenas idk. If you just care about a cool new hang out spot for the Elite players of the zone who claim to never even heard of pub then probably medals will work not sure.

My 2 discontinued pennies.

Medals and the like are definitely cool though. Ego is a powerful motivator as any and medals will appeal to certain players. They should definitely be the long term reward/achievement as you said.

Keep the arenas separate I guess. I forgot it's apparently difficult idea and maybe if elim is more of an event than a regular all the time occurance, it won't be so bad for pub.

Definitely should be at least 250k per win, when like 5+ players are in a single game. I feel like that doesn't happen too often and is a good reward for when it does.

Just like if TW had a $500,000 prize for the best wb, there will be people who never used a computer before trying to learn the game just for that reason. So we know that the problem facing elim or any competitive play is partially the lack of reward for the time you spent getting good/playing a round. Tiger Woods doesn't play at the $100 tournaments - not because he couldn't win obviously - but bc the value of his time is astronomical. It is not even worth it for him to stop practicing and attend.

I guess what I'm saying is.. I hope 250-500k per win in a large enough arena sounds a little outrageous.. because it has to be in order for people to pay attention. It's not just competition with pub or other arenas but other games.. doubt anyone will care about FreeSpirit dollars being less valuable.. oh wow now there is some reward for being good at the game? Scary thought..

When new changes? I know most of us our into crypto. Could have a buy in or people donate to reward pool to be won.

It's another good idea idea ruined by the fact that people are terrible. It would all be set up so one guy gets to pocket the money (by whomever is good but more importantly, popular). Just look at 24 and the donation money. Oh and staff won't do a fucking thing about it because they're usually part of it and if they ban a shitty but popular player well that's just destroying the game. Basically this game was ruined by cheaters who didn't have the actual skill to win at the game and so were forced to ingratiate thereselves with other deplorables because people are little more than dogs in a pack. Enjoy your failing arena and game. If I ever do come back, and the reason I quit is always the same, it will be because this game has 500 players again. But I will not be a part of that 500 for a long time. Good luck - if only the staff on this game had their shit togther much sooner and actually had the will to make this game truly fair and competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by GLYDE123 View Post
    When new changes? I know most of us our into crypto. Could have a buy in or people donate to reward pool to be won.
    We will be testing the changes and launching the new season in June!
    - MS

Damn it felt good to come online for 3-4 elims, rek Jessup like a tranny and made it ragequit.
    "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
    Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
    Dral>I can get implants

Birger Brosa
    Quote Originally Posted by mtine View Post
    Damn it felt good to come online for 3-4 elims, rek Jessup like a tranny and made it ragequit.
    Did you know people have committed suicides because of e-bullying? Maybe you as a thinking human being, can keep someone's qualities out of disputes in this game. My dear (45 years) old friend.
    Moderators do your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Steep View Post
    Did you know people have committed suicides because of e-bullying? Maybe you as a thinking human being, can keep someone's qualities out of disputes in this game. My dear (45 years) old friend.
    Moderators do your work.
    Am not 45, wth man? And no, it won't commit suicide. It will just keep changing genders.
    But all jokes aside Steep, you have no idea who is e-bullying who here. Jessup did this to us for 5-6 years, now it's just payback time.
    "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
    Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
    Dral>I can get implants

Thx for the supportive post steep. I appreciate that. I don't know how old mtine/wiibimbo is but he acts like he is 8. IMO it is stepping over a line when people use those terms wii makes and yes wii it is foul and is an insult to every trans person alive. If you have an issue with me instead of resorting to those labels focus on whatever it is that you are mad at me about. You have no clue what calling a transgender person "it" does to them. That word is demeaning and psychologically hurtful.

I also have not been an e bully.. that is a lie. I have at times returned rudeness towards certain trolls in game who constantly harass me but wii saying I'm getting payback is baffling. I'm trying to ignore them these days but this post was totally needed and wanted to address it because steep is correct in what he said.
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Administrator
    Just a quick note about something we discussed ingame yesterday.

Extending !late is an idea. 60 seconds feels a bit short. I'd rather let more people get in on the action than have them sit in spec waiting and waiting.

Obviously reducing their lives the later they join would still be a thing. Maybe increase it to 3 minutes?

There are other ideas too. Maybe allow !late entry up until the first person is knocked out?

MS mentioned that this would likely affect ratings and that would need to be considered. I've not thought about that myself.

Just throwing an idea out there that could get more people having fun in the arena.

I find myself missing rounds when I pop out for a quick cig after a game ends. Annoying!

What do people think?
    -Wirah (Method/Mefod)

Also like extending !late for same reasons

Yeah I've done !late quite a few times and been told it's too late.
    I think it's fair to put you in until someone's out, even if you go all the way down to 1 death remaining.
    Presumably the deaths you get is the average deaths remaining at the time you're added (rounded down, min 1, max n)?

Give !lates a penalty to stop any possible exploits.

Also agree with Jessup and steep. Mobbing has to stop. There is no reason to trashtalk trannies in 2018. Unless you have a stick, you need to service your tranny and it won't cause you any problems. The double clutch ones are more finnicky - true -, but can still push 200k km when serviced properly, well worth it for the pleasure it gives.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirah View Post
    Just a quick note about something we discussed ingame yesterday.

Extending !late is an idea. 60 seconds feels a bit short. I'd rather let more people get in on the action than have them sit in spec waiting and waiting.

Obviously reducing their lives the later they join would still be a thing. Maybe increase it to 3 minutes?

There are other ideas too. Maybe allow !late entry up until the first person is knocked out?

MS mentioned that this would likely affect ratings and that would need to be considered. I've not thought about that myself.

Just throwing an idea out there that could get more people having fun in the arena.

I find myself missing rounds when I pop out for a quick cig after a game ends. Annoying!

What do people think?
    I love the idea of extending the !late as well. Specifically I like the idea of extending until the first person is eliminated. Thinking about the rating, it shouldn't be affected because its still a round being played, albeit the person will have less deaths. I reached out to qan this morning about this extension.
    - MS

Quote Originally Posted by skyforger View Post
    Give !lates a penalty to stop any possible exploits.

Also agree with Jessup and steep. Mobbing has to stop. There is no reason to trashtalk trannies in 2018. Unless you have a stick, you need to service your tranny and it won't cause you any problems. The double clutch ones are more finnicky - true -, but can still push 200k km when serviced properly, well worth it for the pleasure it gives.
    A penalty such as what? They already start with less deaths, and I don't really see a great advantage entering late. Or am I missing something?
    - MS

Yeah less deaths, not avg deaths at time of entry as someone proposed.

Quote Originally Posted by skyforger View Post
    Yeah less deaths, not avg deaths at time of entry as someone proposed.
    I was under the impression that the person enters with the same amount of deaths as the person with the fewest remaining? I'll test out the late deaths today and see how its being done.
    - MS

Yeah it would be good to know what currently happens, ty.