No announcement yet.

Elim - Changes & New Season Coming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We tested it right now, it's there. But not sure it's same size as ?go javduel one?

Comment

Originally posted by Mastersword View Post
      I really like the movable flag concept, could definitely bring another layer to the game. Perhaps a bonus can be put into the formula that goes along with the streaks, for example: 5-0 steak "on fire", 7-0 "rampage" etc.
      Good point about using streak bonuses instead of #fer bonuses. Big multikills like 3fers ect.. would be covered by a streak bonus system. We already have some coding too that recognizes streaks so should be easeir to implement it.. Guess that is a question for qan and any other coders we have to answe though.

Thinking about the movable flag bonus idea coming to light thanks to the input from this thread is pretty exciting too! Would def make elim have a new fun layer to it. Coding for TWSD games already have something very similar. TWSD has the movable flag and awards bonus for each kill made by flag carrier team already so dropping this code into elim could almost be copy and pasted and dropped in with a few basic tweeks I'm guessing. Again though answers qan and other coders would gave to answer on how it could actually be installed. I'm excited!! This is sounding cooler and cooler!
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

I don't wanna be a bulling but, what about adding a shame comment when someone kills you too many times and when you've lost too many times, same way it works for the winning streak.
        Example: TOMA lost again! he should consider go back to pub.
        TOMA has died 5 times in a row ... can not even hit the rocks!

Ranking should not be only numbers, also categorize like bronze silver platinum master.... depends on duel ranking ... kills statistics ... medals ...

TWD champion here.

Comment

Sorry but the rewards for winning have to be Real. Since competition thrives on meaningful reward and carrot drives the horse and all that. Also let late people enter.. at least for now while nobody plays it. My MO.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dierienow View Post
            Sorry but the rewards for winning have to be Real. Since competition thrives on meaningful reward and carrot drives the horse and all that. Also let late people enter.. at least for now while nobody plays it. My MO.
            I see what you mean, Dierienow. What do you think would suffice as an effective reward. Thus far I have the top 3 performers being immortalized in the top left of map (just like twl, ?go duel, etc). Additionally, I was considering medals (gold, silver, bronze).
            - MS

Comment

Originally posted by Guero View Post
              I don't wanna be a bulling but, what about adding a shame comment when someone kills you too many times and when you've lost too many times, same way it works for the winning streak.
              Example: TOMA lost again! he should consider go back to pub.
              TOMA has died 5 times in a row ... can not even hit the rocks!

Ranking should not be only numbers, also categorize like bronze silver platinum master.... depends on duel ranking ... kills statistics ... medals ...

TWD champion here.
              The formula has been changed considerably to better reflect skill. The finishing touches are being put on as we speak, and when its completed I will share it so everyone has an understanding of how rating/rankings are calculated.
              - MS

Comment

Accomodations and recognition is good. But those aren't primary motivators since if nobody plays the game then recognition doesn't really matter etc. And I always thought immediate tangible rewards work best. If you could go fuck up pub for an hour because of a huge win in a 15 man elim, I think that is a nice motivator.

I WAS thinking like $1 mill in pub bux to the winner. But it should probably be lower, at something like $250k-500k for a win. 2econd place gets a pat on the back or something.

Maybe I am incorrect but the current reward for winning elim is something like $1000 pub bux which is disgusting. If you are trying to get people to leave pub and play elim (probably a dumb idea anyway since everything is dead but pub and more people in elim = less players in pub) you should make it worth their time by a large margin. That's assuming real money isn't an option. Would be cool to win beer money or something by winning on a packed Friday or Saturday night. But if you're sticking with pub bux it does have to be a large amount since you're asking people to leave the fun of pub, maybe get forced on a different team 10 mins later etc.

Also my other idea to just put elim inside of pub so people can chat and add to the overall vibe of pub instead of creating two empty arenas idk. If you just care about a cool new hang out spot for the Elite players of the zone who claim to never even heard of pub then probably medals will work not sure.

My 2 discontinued pennies.
                sigpic

Comment

Medals and the like are definitely cool though. Ego is a powerful motivator as any and medals will appeal to certain players. They should definitely be the long term reward/achievement as you said.
                  sigpic

Comment

Keep the arenas separate I guess. I forgot it's apparently difficult idea and maybe if elim is more of an event than a regular all the time occurance, it won't be so bad for pub.

Definitely should be at least 250k per win, when like 5+ players are in a single game. I feel like that doesn't happen too often and is a good reward for when it does.

Just like if TW had a $500,000 prize for the best wb, there will be people who never used a computer before trying to learn the game just for that reason. So we know that the problem facing elim or any competitive play is partially the lack of reward for the time you spent getting good/playing a round. Tiger Woods doesn't play at the $100 tournaments - not because he couldn't win obviously - but bc the value of his time is astronomical. It is not even worth it for him to stop practicing and attend.

I guess what I'm saying is.. I hope 250-500k per win in a large enough arena sounds a little outrageous.. because it has to be in order for people to pay attention. It's not just competition with pub or other arenas but other games.. doubt anyone will care about FreeSpirit dollars being less valuable.. oh wow now there is some reward for being good at the game? Scary thought..
                    sigpic

Comment

When new changes? I know most of us our into crypto. Could have a buy in or people donate to reward pool to be won.

Comment

It's another good idea idea ruined by the fact that people are terrible. It would all be set up so one guy gets to pocket the money (by whomever is good but more importantly, popular). Just look at 24 and the donation money. Oh and staff won't do a fucking thing about it because they're usually part of it and if they ban a shitty but popular player well that's just destroying the game. Basically this game was ruined by cheaters who didn't have the actual skill to win at the game and so were forced to ingratiate thereselves with other deplorables because people are little more than dogs in a pack. Enjoy your failing arena and game. If I ever do come back, and the reason I quit is always the same, it will be because this game has 500 players again. But I will not be a part of that 500 for a long time. Good luck - if only the staff on this game had their shit togther much sooner and actually had the will to make this game truly fair and competitive.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GLYDE123 View Post
                          When new changes? I know most of us our into crypto. Could have a buy in or people donate to reward pool to be won.
                          We will be testing the changes and launching the new season in June!
                          - MS

Comment

Damn it felt good to come online for 3-4 elims, rek Jessup like a tranny and made it ragequit.
                            "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                            Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                            Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Originally posted by mtine View Post
                              Damn it felt good to come online for 3-4 elims, rek Jessup like a tranny and made it ragequit.
                              Did you know people have committed suicides because of e-bullying? Maybe you as a thinking human being, can keep someone's qualities out of disputes in this game. My dear (45 years) old friend.
                              Moderators do your work.

Comment

Originally posted by Steep View Post
                                Did you know people have committed suicides because of e-bullying? Maybe you as a thinking human being, can keep someone's qualities out of disputes in this game. My dear (45 years) old friend.
                                Moderators do your work.
                                Am not 45, wth man? And no, it won't commit suicide. It will just keep changing genders.
                                But all jokes aside Steep, you have no idea who is e-bullying who here. Jessup did this to us for 5-6 years, now it's just payback time.
                                "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                                Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                                Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Working...
                                X