No announcement yet.

Elim - Changes & New Season Coming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thx for the supportive post steep. I appreciate that. I don't know how old mtine/wiibimbo is but he acts like he is 8. IMO it is stepping over a line when people use those terms wii makes and yes wii it is foul and is an insult to every trans person alive. If you have an issue with me instead of resorting to those labels focus on whatever it is that you are mad at me about. You have no clue what calling a transgender person "it" does to them. That word is demeaning and psychologically hurtful.

I also have not been an e bully.. that is a lie. I have at times returned rudeness towards certain trolls in game who constantly harass me but wii saying I'm getting payback is baffling. I'm trying to ignore them these days but this post was totally needed and wanted to address it because steep is correct in what he said.
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Just a quick note about something we discussed ingame yesterday.

Extending !late is an idea. 60 seconds feels a bit short. I'd rather let more people get in on the action than have them sit in spec waiting and waiting.

Obviously reducing their lives the later they join would still be a thing. Maybe increase it to 3 minutes?

There are other ideas too. Maybe allow !late entry up until the first person is knocked out?

MS mentioned that this would likely affect ratings and that would need to be considered. I've not thought about that myself.

Just throwing an idea out there that could get more people having fun in the arena.

I find myself missing rounds when I pop out for a quick cig after a game ends. Annoying!

What do people think?
      Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

Also like extending !late for same reasons

Comment

Yeah I've done !late quite a few times and been told it's too late.
          I think it's fair to put you in until someone's out, even if you go all the way down to 1 death remaining.
          Presumably the deaths you get is the average deaths remaining at the time you're added (rounded down, min 1, max n)?

Comment

Give !lates a penalty to stop any possible exploits.

Also agree with Jessup and steep. Mobbing has to stop. There is no reason to trashtalk trannies in 2018. Unless you have a stick, you need to service your tranny and it won't cause you any problems. The double clutch ones are more finnicky - true -, but can still push 200k km when serviced properly, well worth it for the pleasure it gives.

Comment

Originally posted by Wirah View Post
              Just a quick note about something we discussed ingame yesterday.

Extending !late is an idea. 60 seconds feels a bit short. I'd rather let more people get in on the action than have them sit in spec waiting and waiting.

Obviously reducing their lives the later they join would still be a thing. Maybe increase it to 3 minutes?

There are other ideas too. Maybe allow !late entry up until the first person is knocked out?

MS mentioned that this would likely affect ratings and that would need to be considered. I've not thought about that myself.

Just throwing an idea out there that could get more people having fun in the arena.

I find myself missing rounds when I pop out for a quick cig after a game ends. Annoying!

What do people think?
              I love the idea of extending the !late as well. Specifically I like the idea of extending until the first person is eliminated. Thinking about the rating, it shouldn't be affected because its still a round being played, albeit the person will have less deaths. I reached out to qan this morning about this extension.
              - MS

Comment

Originally posted by skyforger View Post
                Give !lates a penalty to stop any possible exploits.

Also agree with Jessup and steep. Mobbing has to stop. There is no reason to trashtalk trannies in 2018. Unless you have a stick, you need to service your tranny and it won't cause you any problems. The double clutch ones are more finnicky - true -, but can still push 200k km when serviced properly, well worth it for the pleasure it gives.
                A penalty such as what? They already start with less deaths, and I don't really see a great advantage entering late. Or am I missing something?
                - MS

Comment

Yeah less deaths, not avg deaths at time of entry as someone proposed.

Comment

Originally posted by skyforger View Post
                    Yeah less deaths, not avg deaths at time of entry as someone proposed.
                    I was under the impression that the person enters with the same amount of deaths as the person with the fewest remaining? I'll test out the late deaths today and see how its being done.
                    - MS

Comment

Yeah it would be good to know what currently happens, ty.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                        Yeah it would be good to know what currently happens, ty.
                        Currently, it sets the person entering in late to the highest death value. In other words, whoever has the highest amount of deaths at the time the person is entering late, that is the number of deaths the person will enter with. Make sense?
                        - MS

Comment

I guess. I think that's harsh on the late person, but it doesn't really matter, I've never felt like I've had too few deaths, but maybe that's just because not much happens in 60 seconds. \o/

Comment

It also won't punish you for it, as in it should rate you based on the number of deaths you were allotted, rather than the total number. So if you enter in with 3 lives, it rates you as if the game's to 3. Which means there's no reason why not to !late, if you're looking to play.

Most implementations of late entrants in elimination set remaining lives equal to most deaths. It's not as fun for the late entrant, but it totally sidesteps any discussion about whether or not it's fair. If you did average deaths, you'd see people waiting out elims until the end (which would also reduce overall activity), especially small ones. The most extreme case I can think of is an elim to 10 with 2 players ... one's on 9, one's on 7. !late gets in with 8, and just needs to go 3-2 to win. Considering ratings in the next season will also give a reasonable bonus for wins, this could be an issue.

Also, !late up to 1st elimination is live now.
                            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                            -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Hate the game not the player as they say well anyways pee pee sock can make $200k from sending a command to the bot but if you win elim you make like 20k maximum.. So please ban pee pee sock for hacking the game thank you have a great nite.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dierienow View Post
                                Hate the game not the player as they say well anyways pee pee sock can make $200k from sending a command to the bot but if you win elim you make like 20k maximum.. So please ban pee pee sock for hacking the game thank you have a great nite.
                                That is the !fruit feature of the Pub bot. It's just gambling and I'm pretty sure by the time you win $200K you've already blown $800K flooding the same command for 20 minutes.
                                Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

Working...
                                X