Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Elim - Changes & New Season Coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Rab View Post
    Yeah it would be good to know what currently happens, ty.
    Currently, it sets the person entering in late to the highest death value. In other words, whoever has the highest amount of deaths at the time the person is entering late, that is the number of deaths the person will enter with. Make sense?
    - MS

I guess. I think that's harsh on the late person, but it doesn't really matter, I've never felt like I've had too few deaths, but maybe that's just because not much happens in 60 seconds. \o/

It also won't punish you for it, as in it should rate you based on the number of deaths you were allotted, rather than the total number. So if you enter in with 3 lives, it rates you as if the game's to 3. Which means there's no reason why not to !late, if you're looking to play.

Most implementations of late entrants in elimination set remaining lives equal to most deaths. It's not as fun for the late entrant, but it totally sidesteps any discussion about whether or not it's fair. If you did average deaths, you'd see people waiting out elims until the end (which would also reduce overall activity), especially small ones. The most extreme case I can think of is an elim to 10 with 2 players ... one's on 9, one's on 7. !late gets in with 8, and just needs to go 3-2 to win. Considering ratings in the next season will also give a reasonable bonus for wins, this could be an issue.

Also, !late up to 1st elimination is live now.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Hate the game not the player as they say well anyways pee pee sock can make $200k from sending a command to the bot but if you win elim you make like 20k maximum.. So please ban pee pee sock for hacking the game thank you have a great nite.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierienow View Post
    Hate the game not the player as they say well anyways pee pee sock can make $200k from sending a command to the bot but if you win elim you make like 20k maximum.. So please ban pee pee sock for hacking the game thank you have a great nite.
    That is the !fruit feature of the Pub bot. It's just gambling and I'm pretty sure by the time you win $200K you've already blown $800K flooding the same command for 20 minutes.
    -Wirah (Method/Mefod)

I've seen people win it multiple times in a row way more than I can count. Also it shows huge wins in the chat 5 times in a row how am I supposed to know they're losing money? I just spend 10 mins in pub, see that pee pee sock or Envithyx won $600,000 by sending a line to the bot, and guarantees I will never spend any effort on $16k elim wins again. Seeing that dollar amount at the end is such an insult.. there are actual good players wanting to play elim please don't scare them away with terrible rewards for their time, effort, and the reduced population in pub. 500 decoys isn't enough reward for the effort a Winner such as myself puts in, sorry. Maybe I'll start a GoFundMe or else my time is better spent earning Roblox dollars..

i won 4 in a row yesterday with a decent amount playing and got i think 51k for the last win, it's a start but could probably be improved since I don't think that's a lot for any actual ppl who pub. not that i use pub bucks anyway

A higher streak bonus would be good imo. Reward the winner.

But also a streak breaker bonus for the person who beats them. To try and keep games going when someone's dominating.

side note: why are stats already reset... way to waste peoples time who played yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by zidane View Post
    side note: why are stats already reset... way to waste peoples time who played yesterday
    Season starts June 15. We're testing new features at present. Expect changes and another reset when the season starts, possibly several more in between now and then. It's an unfortunate byproduct of a game that is not monetized in any way and has a tiny development staff working in spare time that we have to test live. Alternative is basically to not have development.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

-1 . .
    Last edited by Sulla; 06-05-2018 at 01:50 PM.
    WB WORST SHIP EVER LUL

A higher streak bonus would be good imo. Reward the winner.

But also a streak breaker bonus for the person who beats them. To try and keep games going when someone's dominating.
    That is part of the new formula
    - MS

Can you tell us what the formula is? Or do we have to try and reverse engineer it?

Can you tell us what the formula is? Or do we have to try and reverse engineer it?
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Notice 2 tabs - 1 for rating and 1 for rewards
    - MS

Battle Royale Idea

As a weekend event (or potentially being introduced more frequently), the idea of a Battle Royale styled game has been brought up. The main premise being that as players are eliminated, the map shrinks, similar to how fortnite games are played.

Potential Game Details

1 - Players begin with 1 life. As players are eliminated the map shrinks smaller. If you are caught outside the doors when the map shrinks, you will automatically be eliminated, OR, be warped into the live area (This would depend on your feedback). Last person standing wins.

AND / OR

2- Players vote on the number of lives, just like a regular elim match. As players are eliminated, or after x amount of time, the map will shrink smaller. Players caught outside of the doors will be penalized with additional death added on, as well as being warped into the action.

Any feedback with ideas, concerns, etc. would be appreciated. Would like to get a wave of testing in before the season starts on the 15th!!
    - MS

I had thought of this too, and thought it sounded like a good idea, but have changed my mind.

The idea of BR is to keep the action going, so people at the end aren't super far apart and taking ages.
    Players in SS generally don't refuse to fight because we police it ourselves by talking shit about the person doing it.
    So I don't think players would choose BR mode over standard elim, therefore there's not really any point making it, other than being able to say "yo kids, ss has battle royale, we're still relevant".

I had thought of this too, and thought it sounded like a good idea, but have changed my mind.

The idea of BR is to keep the action going, so people at the end aren't super far apart and taking ages.
    Players in SS generally don't refuse to fight because we police it ourselves by talking shit about the person doing it.
    So I don't think players would choose BR mode over standard elim, therefore there's not really any point making it, other than being able to say "yo kids, ss has battle royale, we're still relevant".
    This is thought of as a weekend mashup event, not so much to prevent the refusal to fight. If it picks up traction, I was thinking we can make a new arena and host this event independently as well
    - MS

Do we have to use TWD names? It killed elim as you might expect. Rewarding people with $500 for a 20 minute win against RaCka, Jessup, Supra, and TW-Bot2 only put it in a weakened state.

No wait, Battle Royale mode with all 5 people left playing including TW-Bot2 and 1. Instead of the elim you're supposed to be fixing. And change the map back please at least to the old jav one maybe with updated tiles there is no room in this map.

If you ask I might tell you all my design ideas for a mode that is more tactical in nature and could even have a BR game type available. The idea would be to make a base for warbirds. I saw it mentioned and had that idea as well maybe we can share ideas here or elsewhere wherever works.

- SKYRIM 6

Quote Originally Posted by Dierienow View Post
    Do we have to use TWD names? It killed elim as you might expect. Rewarding people with $500 for a 20 minute win against RaCka, Jessup, Supra, and TW-Bot2 only put it in a weakened state.

No wait, Battle Royale mode with all 5 people left playing including TW-Bot2 and 1. Instead of the elim you're supposed to be fixing. And change the map back please at least to the old jav one maybe with updated tiles there is no room in this map.

If you ask I might tell you all my design ideas for a mode that is more tactical in nature and could even have a BR game type available. The idea would be to make a base for warbirds. I saw it mentioned and had that idea as well maybe we can share ideas here or elsewhere wherever works.

- SKYRIM 6
    TWD-enabled names are no longer required to play, but they're still required to be able to ladder. A bug relating to that system (which was killing elim by not allowing games to continue) has been fixed. Also, people have been earning upwards of $50K for wins recently for wins in larger games. It's not anything incredible, I admit ... but we're just not going to give away $300K for a single elim when some players spend literally years to grind out a few million. The amount has increased substantially compared to what it was before, which was admittedly pitiful. And most importantly, it scales extremely rapidly based on the difficulty of winning.

As far as I'm aware this is the old jav map. Unless you mean the 2016 one. When it came out, many people were not so fond of it. But perhaps people had just gotten used to it? It's all a matter of perspective. The plan is to cycle out maps somewhat frequently. If you would like to help this effort, editing maps is easy enough that a child could do it -- and, indeed, many of our maps were made by creative teenagers, heh.

WB in base sounds interesting, certainly. If you have an idea, you should share it. Get discussion brewing.

I wonder if you can buy different ship skins in elim using pub-bux. 3 dif skins for jav/ 3 for warbird. I had this idea for TWD but maybe since they added spacebux in elim, they could try it out?

Buy ship 3 (Blue jav): Cost 100k spacebux + 40 jav elim games played
    Buy ship 4 (cool design jav): Cost 250k spacebux + 80 jav elim games played.
    Buy ship 5 (USA jav): Cost 400k spacebux + 120 jav elim games played

Same for the warbird- but with ships 6-8.

This idea would mean spacebux will be worth collecting/ people with the usa skin ships might impress other players. Could make elim more popular.
    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far