Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summer 2018 Basing Cup Discussion.. OGRON PLEASE READ!! AND OTHER LEETS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer 2018 Basing Cup Discussion.. OGRON PLEASE READ!! AND OTHER LEETS!!

I didn't want to spam the signup thread with questions so opened a new thread here. I'm just curious. Is this Basing Cup going to allow specials? Any rules and specifics would be appreciated.

How many teams? Who are caps?

I am just being a player for this myself.. not enough basing experience to cap or run it in any way shape or form by me.. we need vets.

I'd like to see ogron and zidane and trasher and players of this calibur step up. If ogron were to be interested I'd support him as a cap for this. Peace should be made and attempts to bring him in. The guy is a basing guru. As much as I have had issues with him I respect his skills in base particularly a lot.

I would like to ask everyone to make real attempts to stop the trolling of each other and make an effort to make this a success. The game deserves it no matter who is in charge and the past drama we may have had with each other should be laid to rest. As long as it is run smoothly with good rules set in place the organizer should have little to do with the competition we can set in place for it. The players are the ones who are needed to make this great. I plead ogron and high quality players/vets to come back and step up to help make this a success. You guys have a chance to seize the moment .. make this a good competitive league. The game needs you all. Only the players can save the game and enough of this quarrelling.
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

test - hmm weird it just ignored my first reply. so now you get the tl/dr version....

The number of teams depends on the number of signups. In the past it's been roughly 30 signups per team. So we have to try and get as many signups as possible.
    ^ however, that was for 3 leagues, maybe it can be fewer as it's just base.

There is a shortlist of people who'd be competent to cap, but I don't know if anyone spoke to them yet. It also kinda depends on how many teams we get.

Comment

Rules are same as in ?go base, except 15 minute timer. So, yes, that would mean specials are in fact allowed. This is only a guess. This is ran by the 10 person team through voting and afaik this matter has not explicitly been voted on.

As for team count, see Henry's OP. I think the sweet spot is 14-18 players per team, since this is basing only and likely everyone who signups would like some play time. Need more input though what is the team size to go for.

Think Ogron is already signed up as ForgottenGhost and is in fact a valued member on Sulake for a couple of days now. He is certainly very welcome in Basing Cup, as is everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
        I didn't want to spam the signup thread with questions so opened a new thread here. I'm just curious. Is this Basing Cup going to allow specials? Any rules and specifics would be appreciated.

How many teams? Who are caps?

I am just being a player for this myself.. not enough basing experience to cap or run it in any way shape or form by me.. we need vets.

I'd like to see ogron and zidane and trasher and players of this calibur step up. If ogron were to be interested I'd support him as a cap for this. Peace should be made and attempts to bring him in. The guy is a basing guru. As much as I have had issues with him I respect his skills in base particularly a lot.

I would like to ask everyone to make real attempts to stop the trolling of each other and make an effort to make this a success. The game deserves it no matter who is in charge and the past drama we may have had with each other should be laid to rest. As long as it is run smoothly with good rules set in place the organizer should have little to do with the competition we can set in place for it. The players are the ones who are needed to make this great. I plead ogron and high quality players/vets to come back and step up to help make this a success. You guys have a chance to seize the moment .. make this a good competitive league. The game needs you all. Only the players can save the game and enough of this quarrelling.
        Just no.
        "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
        Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
        Dral>I can get implants

Comment

I put this here it is more appropriate.

Originally posted by Rab View Post
          - ratings for each player (by updating twdtb ratings based on tslb, are people happy with this?)
          Not at all, but thank you for setting up this Google Sheet is very clear and complete. I wonder what the quotas will be to form the teams, in any case an adjustment will have to be made before the start of the competition.

My opinion :

Do not make the usual mistake of asking a group of players to make ratings and then averaging, name only one player who has the base knowledge and who will be motivated to do this work AND who is stable psychologically. I propose Markmrw, he is a staff and a good baser, even if I am not a fan of the shark he is, he seems to be someone intelligent and stable. In any case, I do not decide how things will be done, but it is this detail, the ratings of the players, that will decide the quality of the competition. If there are quotas like in TWDT of course.

The players who are currently signed: Obviously the ratings must be done in comparison with the full roster, and the roster is not yet complete so it is impossible to be objective for now. Nevertheless, there are some cases that I want to point out. If things are done as in TWDT, there are 4 spots for Max players, ie 9 and 10 star. In this list there are players whose level varies a lot, and depending on the full roster, I do not think Geio (without disrespect, he's my player in TW, but in base he is not comparable to Trasher, zidane, thix, cripple, nowon, Ogron ..) and especially Mean Gene (which I do not like but we do not care). Rab, skyforger, markmrw, Saari, are more likely 9* but it probably does not matter if the quotas are like in TWDT. But the most important in this case would be the underrated players, such as the famous Lonestar who must be between 8 and 9* in my opinion.

I point this hoping that the staff will make good work over it. I hope especially that the missing headliners will be added to the roster, here is a small incomplete list of talents that is still missing in the call:

Ease (who reappeared in the game yesterday, I hope Ogron will motivate him, he is the only 2xTWEL-S winner), dreamwin (I hope he will make a team against zidane), turban, mcvagina, cintra , major crisis, Mythril (please sign my ni*ga), omega red, commodo, Hellkite (he disappeared, someone make him a sign), ra, 24, the Finnish dreamwin's tribe, and many others .. I would like to see a guy called "megaman" that I have never seen too.

And ALSO: the great talents outside the base that do not give much interest to this division, it is an opportunity to show that they are able to be good here too

Example: RaCka, LaSenza, Iron Survivor, Tiny ...

It is the job of the staff to contact these players and motivate them to register, it is in these moments also that we see that it is important to have talented and legitimate players in the staff, because to have Jessup or skyforger who contacts you to play it should not tempt.

I take profit of this monologue to explain something to people who like Jessup seems to be coming out of another world. People ask Ogron to come back as a player, even captain, as if nothing had happened. I suspected that ForgottenGhost is Ogron, I doubted at first but I understood it towards the end of tsl3, if his performances were lower than his real level, especially outside the base, it's because he was playing with crap resolution (the same as me). This is proof that Ogron still loves this game. But you asked him to come back casually while a year ago he was the boss, became pissed to freak by a little asshole who is now a member of the staff? Do you realize about what you ask? Do not you know the definition of pride? I doubt you have an ounce of pride. Besides, we will never know if the little shit skyforger was not sent to clear Ogron, suspicion is allowed.

In any case, I hope that Ogron will play and whatever the alias, and he must know that literally nobody respects the small band of shitty staff that are the saari jessup skyforger, except themselves. I put wirah apart because his work on the aesthetic part (logos, table winners ..) is very good.

Thank you.

-Ixador

Comment

Lol. Trash Cup

Comment

Not sure why Hellrazor is signing for me but I take it as a form of flattery that someone in the world either hates or loves me enough to do so.

OK, Real quick to try and stay on topic. Specials definitely should be allowed. I for one am arguably the best base lanc in history and so of course I will add my opinion on this. I also know of some crazy good jav's and wb's. I remember doing a TWBD with my time on Bury, think Trasher (not surprising) was in a Jav and it was probably the most beautiful game I've ever seen. I love how depending on the special that goes into play (granted it's with someone who knows how) the game dynamics change, the strategies change, the flow, all of it. It's more fun to watch, more fun to play and offers a variety of options for holding flag. I'm totally all in for it.

Oh and Trasher. Yeah.. Trasher should be in charge of the basing ratings, now whether or not Trasher will comply is another story but there is no one in this world who knows more about basing and it's players than Trasher. If you agree with me, please say so and maybe we can corner Trasher with peer pressure and social awkwardness into doing this small task for us. At least I know it would be unbiased, unless it regards myself or Jar Jar Binks, which is fine and forgivable.

Hmmm I feel like I had something else to add but I can't seem to remember now. If it comes back i'll either edit or post it here. See you guys in game!

-Ixa"D"or
              Last edited by IxaDor; 05-21-2018, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Ease linked me to this thread with a hefty "LOL". I don't know why I've been name-dropped 20x in this thread and am in the title.

Allow me to set the record straight.

I am not ForgottenGhost, I don't play this game on alias, and did not participate in TSL S3 or S4, and I am not signed up for anything. I have no intention of playing this game ever again, beyond occasionally logging in to chat or play a game of ?go base.

I told Qan and Beasty if they went through with breaking their promises and stealing TSL from me, I'd quit and 70% of the veterans who make leagues worth playing would follow.

I quit, and 70% of the veterans followed.

You had the choice between me running leagues at a high level and getting quality players to sign up, with the caveat that I ban 1-2 players a year who go out of their way to make my life hell trolling me while i volunteer and run leagues for free, or some combination of Qan/Beasty/Jessup/Henry Saari/Skyforger running things.

You made your choice, and have the game you finally want.

Just leave name out of it.
                Cape> draft easier to win when you cap

*6 months later*

Cape triple frowns and misses playoffs in every league

Comment

sad.

Comment

i love oggy's sig lol, 24 bamboozled at least 4 captains

Comment

That's a shame ogron.. you should reconsider. If not have a good life. You sound a bit egotistical I must say. Making a league idea in a community based game that is collectively approved does NOT give you complete personal rights to it. Doing a wbduel / Javduel /go Base league with ratings was a good idea .. but come on dude...Anyways.. from my point of view the way you handled TSL was a joke the last season you were in it. I tried to make peace with you a few times to no avail even after your lies you spread about me when you took a hosted game I had going when the reality was you were the one who did exact thing you accused me of.. The secret and puposeful of changing player stats to make me and others sit was foul too. I really don't give a crap ur gone.. I only used ur name in this thread to create excitement for the twd cup if I'm honest.. Since you are being honest so am I. For the record I have not run a single league ever anytime anywhere on this game. So leave my name out of it.
                      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Ever since the evil Ogron was defeated and our savior Jessup restored subspace to a state of moral and ethical utopia, the game has been thriving at the highest of levels. Now if Rab can just find the rest of the arenas that have a resolution restriction and fixes everything that is slightly annoying in pub 0 (the extra pixel on the tile at J13), we'll have a game that steam players won't be able to resist.
                        PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
                        ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

If we made a giant poll to know if we keep Saari and his band of incompetent or we reintroduce Ogron, I bet that Ogron would win. But then, who cares what players want?

Comment

Originally posted by Mythril View Post
                            Ever since the evil Ogron was defeated and our savior Jessup restored subspace to a state of moral and ethical utopia, the game has been thriving at the highest of levels. Now if Rab can just find the rest of the arenas that have a resolution restriction and fixes everything that is slightly annoying in pub 0 (the extra pixel on the tile at J13), we'll have a game that steam players won't be able to resist.
                            This post is golden btw.

I'm indeed waiting to see who signs up for this league and what the rules/format will be. I'm done wasting my time on another trash league. This game needs one good sunday when veterans can battle it out and actually have competetive games to restore good memories from this game. It doesn't need any bs rewards like activity/participation medals, just a competetive gameplay.

PS. hi claus, this is pretty accurate as of now.
                            Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                            Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                            Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                            Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                            Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                            Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                            Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                              Ease linked me to this thread with a hefty "LOL". I don't know why I've been name-dropped 20x in this thread and am in the title.

Allow me to set the record straight.

I am not ForgottenGhost, I don't play this game on alias, and did not participate in TSL S3 or S4, and I am not signed up for anything. I have no intention of playing this game ever again, beyond occasionally logging in to chat or play a game of ?go base.

I told Qan and Beasty if they went through with breaking their promises and stealing TSL from me, I'd quit and 70% of the veterans who make leagues worth playing would follow.

You had the choice between me running leagues at a high level and getting quality players to sign up, with the caveat that I ban 1-2 players a year who go out of their way to make my life hell trolling me while i volunteer and run leagues for free, or some combination of Qan/Beasty/Jessup/Henry Saari/Skyforger running things.

You made your choice, and have the game you finally want.

Just leave name out of it.
                              Couldn’t of said it better brother. I quit with ya.
                              Just giving the benefit of the doubt and hoping this format is better.
                              Like DW said above,
                              I only look forward to a Sunday where I can login and have some fun with good pals. If it isn’t that way I’ll back out too.
                              Hope everything is good with you bro!
                              FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
                              SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
                              SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
                              SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
                              TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
                              TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
                              TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
                              TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
                              #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Working...
                              X