No announcement yet.

Offical Elim Announcement - Current Season Ending and New Season Launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't understand why people come on here and ask for feedback just to ignore it wasting their time and ours. No one asked for a smaller arena in elim for warbirds, we did ask for it to be left as is though. We also gave ideas to give incentive to go to mid, like allowing the flag to give rewards to those who activate it. Excuse fucking me for speaking up. I don't have an abundance of free time to waste on this piece of shit game like most of you who still play this. The last 6 months or so Henry and Co. have been adamant at wasting the time of countless players because they have this "god" complex as this game is all they have in life and were granted some fallacious responsibility to run it, a glowing fucking achievement for your average basement dweller. Like I said, I just find it rather insulting for people to ask for our time with suggestions, feedback or idea's or w/e only to have them ignore it entirely then complain when people don't waste paragraphs more or hours more of our time with things like "constructive criticism" as to beat around their mangina bush because anything more will irritate their manpussy. Get real.

PS: I have probably been playing longer than most of you dumb fucking nerds here, so yeah, eat my anus Voth and anyone else who thinks different. And even if it was true, what a weak fucking insult to throw. If anything, you should feel ashamed to still be playing this steamy garbage of a game for so long and having next to nothing to show for it other than a pixel medal on a website no one frequents. I'll take being "new" as a compliment any day fuck boy.

-IxaDor

Comment

Pixel medals are the only reason people say hi to me on the street
      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by IxaDor View Post
        I just don't understand why people come on here and ask for feedback just to ignore it wasting their time and ours. No one asked for a smaller arena in elim for warbirds, we did ask for it to be left as is though. We also gave ideas to give incentive to go to mid, like allowing the flag to give rewards to those who activate it. Excuse fucking me for speaking up. I don't have an abundance of free time to waste on this piece of shit game like most of you who still play this. The last 6 months or so Henry and Co. have been adamant at wasting the time of countless players because they have this "god" complex as this game is all they have in life and were granted some fallacious responsibility to run it, a glowing fucking achievement for your average basement dweller. Like I said, I just find it rather insulting for people to ask for our time with suggestions, feedback or idea's or w/e only to have them ignore it entirely then complain when people don't waste paragraphs more or hours more of our time with things like "constructive criticism" as to beat around their mangina bush because anything more will irritate their manpussy. Get real.

PS: I have probably been playing longer than most of you dumb fucking nerds here, so yeah, eat my anus Voth and anyone else who thinks different. And even if it was true, what a weak fucking insult to throw. If anything, you should feel ashamed to still be playing this steamy garbage of a game for so long and having next to nothing to show for it other than a pixel medal on a website no one frequents. I'll take being "new" as a compliment any day fuck boy.

-IxaDor
        I think making the wb box smaller works, especially u get spawned all over the map. When like 5 ppl are playing its like a search game.. Yea maybe u like to stray and pray.. But I dont. I rather see enemy right away to kill. In the jav arena u often get spawned way too low, its annoying when game started. But it has to be because of the start. Else everyone starts within 5 pixels..

And adding flag reward has nothing to do with elim. Elim is about elimination as you might understand.. Not to gain flagpoints or w/e. We got pub and base for that.
        Major Crisis

Comment

Qan, is it possible to make the arena close off as players get eliminated? In the same vein as the ever-popular battle royale genres of other games.
          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
          Failure teaches success.
          . â–²
          ▲ ▲

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
            Qan, is it possible to make the arena close off as players get eliminated? In the same vein as the ever-popular battle royale genres of other games.
            Yep, definitely quite easily possible. The tricky bit is what to do about players who are outside the boundary. So for example, if the trigger is to go from the mid-sized arena to the small one at 5 players remaining, there are 6 in and 1 is eliminated, but one guy remaining is outside the boundary, does he get warped? If he does, this could save him from a death, and cause some complaints. But it might still be worth it. Not sure. If people understood that was how it worked and were willing to accept that in the name of games finishing a bit faster/getting on to the next elim to keep momentum going -- basically, if it was acceptable in exchange for maybe 5% higher overall elim population -- we could go through with it. What do you guys think?

Originally posted by Ixador
            Why bother creating threads for player feedback when you guys are just going to do whatever the hell suits your fancy, your own agendas in the first place? Then you guys have the audacity to get pissed when constructive criticism is absent because it's a waste of time, time you guys think people have an abundance to throw away on this shitty game.
            I'm sorry you feel that think constructive criticism is a waste of time, but I don't think it is. It doesn't bother me if you would like to insult me, either. Do it if it helps. I think you might be surprised to hear that your criticism actually was constructive, despite that: you brought up a problem with the doors that I hadn't heard of until now. In response, I offered 4 possible solutions, all with various advantages and drawbacks. If you'd like to weigh in on that, or if anyone else would, maybe we can do something about it. Or maybe it's not an issue for most, which would probably indicate it's not worth modifying. We have yet to figure this out.

Mastersword isn't just doing what suits his fancy, and neither am I. He's got ideas about how to improve elim, sure (and I think many have been pretty successful); but he's definitely trying to listen to community feedback. Obviously, not every idea can or will be implemented immediately, or for that matter, at all. Many are in total opposition to one another as well. So how to decide what goes in and what doesn't? It's not as if a particular user's posts are hilighted and then that's how things are done. That's as foolish as having a dictator on the staff side, which is what you're saying is happening. But that's not really the case, at least as far as I can tell. (Please tell me if I'm off base here.) The point of community feedback is to try and aggregate the ideas of the community into some sort of compromise. Often what one person wants is in direct contradiction to what another wants. So at some point, compromise becomes necessary. I get that it's really frustrating to put time and effort into coming up with ideas, only to have them go unused. Feels like a waste. But if nobody else is agreeing with you and saying, "Hey, yeah, that's a good idea," it's probably just not going to carry much weight once all the ideas are aggregated and boiled down. So rather than complaining about not being listened to, you're better off trying to convince other people that your idea is a good one. Don't put so much of your personal worth into whether or not it succeeds. After all, it's just a game!

Looking forward to reading what you have to contribute in the future, should you wish to do so. In the meantime, here's a quickfix for the doors in the form of a replacement colors.bm2 file, which changes the doors to black. Drop in Continuum\graphics to enable. But keep a copy of your original file if you wish to change back in a different arena. Also, if anyone wants to play with radar colors, check out this thread: http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?15791 Rename colors.bm2 to colors.bmp and edit with Paint. Then rename back.
            Attached Files
            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
            -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Also, can't find it now, but there was a mention of special ships for certain players. For example, maybe the top 5 in the league get to use a gold ship.

If we resolve to only do WB/jav elims, this would be possible, with 3 alternate ships. However, it would mean 2 things: a big download on entering elim (though that wouldn't affect Steam players, who predownload the common arenas and all graphics); and someone would have to make the ships + shiproll graphics, heh. I think you could do this by applying a monochrome filter, a smoothing filter, some kind of color overlay and then some basic lighting effects (or just contrast/value/brightness adjustment?). If anyone wants to take a shot at that, I'm willing to do the bot modifications. We could probably also use similar ships in DD/JD. But again, increased download, so it might not be worth it. Might be about 2 minutes via SS's terrible file transfer protocol.
              "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
              -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Damn, just reading this forum gets me bored as fuk. Thank god for other games.
                "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Ixador post starter pack:

fuck jesus fuckboy dicks ass turds assgina manpussy

Comment

Originally posted by IxaDor View Post
                    yeah no

and i don't feel as ashamed as you should for having autistic meltdowns and tantrums on the forum of this "steamy garbage game" that you quit and come back to daily.

on topic: definitely worth it to change map to smaller one as players get eliminated. could allow 10 second grace period to get inside boundaries of small base, or you'll be warped. which, like you said, could be exploited to avoid death, but is probably still worth it.

ps: i worked hard for those undeserved pixel medals, dick
                    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                    TWLJ Champion Season 11
                    TWLB All-Star Season 10
                    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                      Also, can't find it now, but there was a mention of special ships for certain players. For example, maybe the top 5 in the league get to use a gold ship.

If we resolve to only do WB/jav elims, this would be possible, with 3 alternate ships. However, it would mean 2 things: a big download on entering elim (though that wouldn't affect Steam players, who predownload the common arenas and all graphics); and someone would have to make the ships + shiproll graphics, heh. I think you could do this by applying a monochrome filter, a smoothing filter, some kind of color overlay and then some basic lighting effects (or just contrast/value/brightness adjustment?). If anyone wants to take a shot at that, I'm willing to do the bot modifications. We could probably also use similar ships in DD/JD. But again, increased download, so it might not be worth it. Might be about 2 minutes via SS's terrible file transfer protocol.
                      Pretty sure fork would do this for you immediately

Edit

Can't we use the ship graphics from.....Javtown was it? or Rockjavs????? One or both or many other arenas have different colored javs

edit2

im sure there are wb ones too...but who cares about that lol
                      Last edited by Tiny; 06-21-2018, 10:00 AM. Reason: update x2
                      1:waven> u challenge
                      1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                      Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                        Can't we use the ship graphics from.....Javtown was it? or Rockjav????? One or both or many other arenas have different colored javs
                        Was gonna check it but there are f***ing res limits. fml.
                        I do recall seeing different colored javs and wbs somewhere tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                          or Rockjavs?????
                          firejavs. but none are really suitable. i want gold and silver.
                          javtown is interesting though
                          Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wirah View Post
                            firejavs. but none are really suitable. i want gold and silver.
                            javtown is interesting though
                            Just use my idea from my other thread Wirah. ez pz
                            Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                            Dral>I can get implants

Comment

made some javs in different colours, it's actually super easy
                              https://imgur.com/a/WjX00Ux

emailed the zip to qan

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                                made some javs in different colours, it's actually super easy
                                https://imgur.com/a/WjX00Ux

emailed the zip to qan
                                You're welcome.
                                Napoleon Hill

Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Working...
                                X