Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wirah View Post
    Oh the bright white doors on radar?
    It may be possible to hide these on radar (or make them more subtle) by editing colors.bm2. This file controls various things and the effects can sometimes can be quite surprising.
    Delectable managed to change enemies on radar from blue to red using this file. If someone finds a solution we can very easily set it as default in elim via lvz.
    Sorry I flew off the rails yesterday, was tired and jetlagged. I still don't understand why there is a small arena inside the large arena for elim though. We tried that before and it sucked. Why not go for the flag in mid giving rewards and leave arena size alone like it was supposed to be? Why not cut jav base in half when they have less than 5 people? Why is their map left unchanged? lol Not a lot of love for ship 1 in 2018 no doubt.

Anyways, thanks for letting me know about the colors.bm2 Wirah, I don't think that will fix the issue though Wirah. Maybe there is a way to remove the outline of the small arena when it changes to the large (original sized) elim arena? Or just remove the small arena all together? That would be nice because as it stands it's totally distracting and personally I found it really annoying. Wouldn't mind as much but seeing as this game is just about dead, elim is the only thing left.

@Tiny I was able to look past elim for many years when it was being ran like dook because there was other things to do, now with 95 people on (50-75 bots), elim is the only thing active so I am more vocal of my opinion of it though like I said, I was pissy and tired yesterday lol. Sorry about "breaking" the rules of common courtesy in elim yesterday too.. It was nothing personal, I like many others, like to play to 10 regardless of the amount of people or ship. Cheers.

-IxaDor

Comment

deaths should just be

2-5 players = 5
      6-9 players = 7
      10+ players = 10

no need to vote at all, voting just produces the wrong answer sometimes.

Comment

was just playing an elim with players named "bug goo" and "lick_meatballs" i don't know if they're returning players of yore, welcome back to bug goo and lick_meatballs if that is the case, or if they somehow got around the whole alias problem that this TWD rule was supposed to help.
        sigpic

Comment

No reason to complain about not having enough warbird games playing. I've been seeing a good mix of both. Sometimes constant back to back warbird games going.
          I think people need to understand that rather than complain about their games not being played, get people together to vote for the ship you want. I'll sit in elim for 4 games before a jav one even shows up.
          A crowd builds quickly.
          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
          Failure teaches success.
          . â–²
          ▲ ▲

Comment

STOP ALIASERS PLAYING FFS

Comment

AFAIK, you can only rank if you are registered with TWD. But if I wanted to maliciously affect top ranking players, I could go in with an alias and go on a hunt. A potential problem and nuisance.
              ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
              Failure teaches success.
              . â–²
              ▲ ▲

Comment

Aliasing in elim has always been there. And should always be part of it imo, its the charm of elim.
                Also if u gonna make it a rule that people should be TWD registered, u dont get the 'new' players from pub into this shit.
                Its not like Elim is a league or something serious. It has always been there to play and fuck around till u can twd/other leagues etc. Making this TWD registered is like making javduel TWD registered too.. Why not make pub TWD registered too, since who wants aliased players in pub! They can make teams uneven!! ;c
                It shouldnt matter how u play vs a vet or randomplayer1234252
                Major Crisis

Comment

Originally posted by Major Crisis View Post
                  Aliasing in elim has always been there. And should always be part of it imo, its the charm of elim.
                  Agreed. It's a bit ridiculous to prevent aliases from ranking in elim. It has always been part of the game, and the great players of the past reached their rank in spite of being targeted by aliases. With the adjusted rank aspect that favors activity now, a ban on aliases isn't even necessary. This just seems like an attempt to eliminate yet another competitive aspect of the game. You already gain rating for losing in TWD now, maybe you should gain rating every time you hit 10 deaths and lose as well.
                  Phiz> I probably am gay
                  Phiz> I just haven't realized it yet

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
                    No reason to complain about not having enough warbird games playing. I've been seeing a good mix of both. Sometimes constant back to back warbird games going.
                    Recent change that may also help: in the past, when there was a tie vote, the winner of the last round's vote would break the tie, with the idea that they should be allowed to defend their streak. Now if there's a tie, the win goes to the ship that was not played in the last round.

Originally posted by With Ease
                    With the adjusted rank aspect that favors activity now, a ban on aliases isn't even necessary. This just seems like an attempt to eliminate yet another competitive aspect of the game.
                    If you're good, it's pretty easy to rank near the top without hitting full confidence at 75 games. (If you play 76 or more games, your rating isn't adjusted any higher; you've reached 100% confidence in the validity of your rating.) For example, if you play 30 games, you're at 77% confidence, meaning your adjusted rating is R x 0.77. If your rating is still quite strong, you're going to beat out weaker players who have played 100% of the games needed to reach confidence, because 1 x crap is still crap. The point of confidence is to reward a consistently strong performance, not flukes. (And flukes are especially easy to make on an alias.) We have to prevent someone from playing 5-6 games and hitting #1 on the leaderboard, then retiring for the season. In the past that was basically the only way to win an elim season: play a few good games and quit. Not by actually playing elim and being competitive. It was anti-competitive, anti-activity, and I think it contributed to the decline of the arena. Back to the point, though ... 75 for 100% confidence might be a bit high. Might need to be adjusted down for the next season. A ratings decay has also been thrown around as an idea, which would let games required for full confidence be reduced even more.

Originally posted by Ixador
                    (Depressing rant that assumes everyone who works on the game thinks of everything beforehand, rather than understanding that the change he so ardently defended only a few posts earlier in the thread is an iterative process)
                    Your humble slave wishes to apologize on this count. Keep in mind that this problem would *still* have been occurring without the extra level of doors recently added. We just haven't been able to hit 25-30 person elims in a very, very long time.

We can roll out the colors.bm2 change pretty easily so that doors don't show on radar. The question is, will it cause a problem with doors showing as black when the arena is a smaller size? With black as the color, the "walls" of the 2 smaller arena sizes would not appear on radar. Is this an issue/will it be too confusing to players? Note that players will probably still be able to hide under black doors, probably even more effectively than now. Though we could make them dotted to reduce that ability.

Here are some possible options:
                    1. Make "dotted line" black doors (doors with 1 tile between each), which would reduce the ability for players to hide (though not eliminating it, if they sit perfectly still on 1 tile) and would allow players to radar shoot. This would also mean that when playing in the smaller arenas, the walls would not appear on radar, and it might be confusing not knowing when you're about to hit the edge of the arena if you're watching radar for it.
                    2. Remove the smallest arena size, but leave the 2nd smallest. This would not fix the problem when the arena is full-sized
                    3. Remove all doors (including the ones that have been part of elim for years). This most effectively addresses the door problem, but will ensure some extremely slow games and a big increase in the efficacy of hiding during low and mid pop times
                    4. Dotted line doors as in #1, but a very dark gray color so you can see where they are but they aren't very distracting, and hiding is still difficult. This might still be distracting for purposes of radar shooting.

Any opinions on this? All have various advantages and disadvantages.
                    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

My response. Why bother creating threads for player feedback when you guys are just going to do whatever the hell suits your fancy, your own agendas in the first place? Then you guys have the audacity to get pissed when constructive criticism is absent because it's a waste of time, time you guys think people have an abundance to throw away on this shitty game.

Fuck off.

-IxaDor

Comment

Originally posted by IxaDor View Post
                        My response. Why bother creating threads for player feedback when you guys are just going to do whatever the hell suits your fancy, your own agendas in the first place? Then you guys have the audacity to get pissed when constructive criticism is absent because it's a waste of time, time you guys think people have an abundance to throw away on this shitty game.

Fuck off.

-IxaDor
                        bro you have an emokid meltdown on every thread

you've been playing this game for like 5 min, just stop
                        7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                        Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10
                        Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

seriously though, i had no idea the gates were ever that large of an issue to folks

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Lol hocc2 aka kim is the only aliaser and maybe buggerboo. Ixador kills me as well with these tantrums in half the threads that come up

Comment

Sorry for double post but want to say the changes to elim have been awesome, staff has done a really good job lately. I like the rating changes and pub bucks even though i dont use its interesting.
                              Maybe even increase the amount of pub bucks to incentivize pubbers to give it a chance

Comment

Originally posted by IxaDor View Post

Fuck off.

-IxaDor

You are seriously the first person ever that I have heard crying about those doors. Doesnt that say enough? Its like you and wiibimbo need something to complain about.
                                Major Crisis

Comment

Working...
                                X