X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offical Elim Announcement - Current Season Ending and New Season Launch

NEW ELIM SEASON BEGINS FRIDAY JUNE 15th

Current Elim Season

- Although the ball was dropped on the "current elim season", we will still make note of it coming to a close at last hahaha
    - The current Elim Season will be coming to an end at the end of this month
    - As of now, the leaders for the WB and JAV division are as follows:

WB
    1st : Lasenza - 608 Points
    2nd : Ugandan Sniper - 563 Points
    3rd : Sylphie - 483 Points

JAV
    1st : Soz3 - 457 Points
    2nd : Riksa - 450 Points
    3rd : Commodo - 444 Points

Awards for Current Season
    1st Place will be awarded $250,000 Pubbux
    2nd Place will be awarded $100,000 Pubbux
    3rd Place will be awarded $50,000 Pubbux

*Note - These are only the awards for this season, the awards for the new season will be listed further below

Changes Coming to the New Season
    - Testing of the changes have already begun, and will continue into June
    - The new season will begin in the second half of June
    - Seasons will run 2 months long
    - Only a TWD Registered name will be eligible to obtain points towards climbing the ladder
    - Weekend Game Play: As the season progresses, there will be weekend event type changes brought to Elim. These events will have added rewards for each round. Map changes, mobile flags and fighter ship elims in the base area are just a few with many more to come.
    * If you have any weekend event ideas you'd like to see, email them to Elim@trenchwars.com or pm me in-game!
    - The rating formula has been significantly changed to better represent skill. With this, more variables are taken into account such as how many players active in the round, the rating of said players, kill streaks, ending kill streaks, confidence requirements, and eliminating other players (are just a few). I will follow up this post with a link to the exact formula if there is a demand for it!
    - Confidence - is a variable used by the bot in determining an accurate rating for each player. Once 100% confidence is acquired, players will earn the full amount of points possible per round played. The confidence requirement has been reduced from 1,000 games played to only 75.
    - To prevent players from initially obtaining high ratings and points then quitting the season to maintain their scores, an activity requirement has been put into effect. Each player on the top ladder must be active within the last week of the season, otherwise you will be dropped from the ladder.

Awards
    - The top performers of each season will be immortalized in the Elim map by having their names placed in the top left corner
    - The winners of each season will have metals next to their names on the websites
    - 1st place will win $1,000,000 Pubbux
    2nd place will win $500,000 Pubbux
    3rd place will win $250,000 Pubbux
    - The base amount awarded per win has been increased, will the ability to earn even more by eliminating other players, kill streaks, and by killing enemies with higher ratings
    *Note - the base amount awarded per round varies by how many people are active in the round

We still have some time before the season officially launches, so additional thoughts, comments, and ideas are always welcomed!
    Last edited by Henry Saari; 09-15-2018, 12:45 PM.
    - MS

Maybe on Sunday run brackets or progressive team deathmatch with each round splitting the remaining players into two teams till one player is left. I doubt anyone wants to play some new gamestyle with flags so keep it simple with regular elim/duel style events.

Comment

Originally posted by GLYDE123 View Post
      Maybe on Sunday run brackets or progressive team deathmatch with each round splitting the remaining players into two teams till one player is left. I doubt anyone wants to play some new gamestyle with flags so keep it simple with regular elim/duel style events.
      It would not be a new game style with flags, but more of a mobile ball / flag concept where additional points / pubbux are earned while you are in possession, and once you die it gets reset randomly in the map. Everything else remains the same - no teaming, die x amount of times and you are eliminated.
      - MS

Comment

You will never get competitive active eliming unless you split elim and baseelim again, I went down this route about a year ago or maybe two, you will never get consistancy while the two are togethor. And last I checked nobody could be bothered to split them.
        Best of luck with it and let me know if you need any help MS.
        British> my 18th tomoz $$
        Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

Originally posted by Attacks View Post
          togethor.
          Together*
          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

consistancy
            consistency*
            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

You will never get competitive active eliming unless you split elim and baseelim again, I went down this route about a year ago or maybe two, you will never get consistancy while the two are togethor. And last I checked nobody could be bothered to split them.
              Best of luck with it and let me know if you need any help MS.
              I agree with Attacks, but for a different reason. When I log in and go to elim, I want to play jav elim, never wb elim. The wait time for a jav round is unknown because it's vote-based. Split arenas would let everyone get straight into a game of their chosen type. But... I do have genuine concern about splitting the few remaining players between arenas. I'd still do it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                I agree with Attacks, but for a different reason. When I log in and go to elim, I want to play jav elim, never wb elim. The wait time for a jav round is unknown because it's vote-based. Split arenas would let everyone get straight into a game of their chosen type. But... I do have genuine concern about splitting the few remaining players between arenas. I'd still do it though.
                I can see both points by you and Attacks, and have thought about these same issues as well. Personally I think it could go either way, which is still some risk. Perhaps we can try the split arenas as a weekend mashup and see how the crowd likes it? I obviously would like to please all parties here, but not at the risk of having less people playing in total versus a few ppl playing a round or two of the ship they wouldn't normally play.
                - MS

Comment

Another idea is to just provide the arenas:

elim (unchanged)
                  elimjavs (always javs)
                  elimwbs (always wbs)

and see which gets used.

Comment

Lol Jones, Ricko I typed that message at red light intervals on the way to work, the fact I managed to type it and not get arrested you should be in awe.
                    British> my 18th tomoz $$
                    Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

you think illegally being on your phone whilst driving is a good excuse for poor spelling? You are mistaken mon ami
                      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                        you think illegally being on your phone whilst driving is a good excuse for poor spelling? You are mistaken mon ami
                        hahahahahhahahhaa got'em
                        - MS

Comment

Elim should go back to being warbird only in my opinion. Bring back baseelim for those who want to prance around in jav/lev/spider/ect. like it always was meant to be. Absolutely hated when they combined elim with a bunch of nonsense ships along with voting for which ships to be played. I think keeping them separated is a great idea and one I know I would fully support. Please consider. Thanks.

-IxaDor

PS: Miss u papi Tax

Comment

Originally posted by IxaDor View Post
                            Elim should go back to being warbird only in my opinion. Bring back baseelim for those who want to prance around in jav/lev/spider/ect. like it always was meant to be. Absolutely hated when they combined elim with a bunch of nonsense ships along with voting for which ships to be played. I think keeping them separated is a great idea and one I know I would fully support. Please consider. Thanks.

-IxaDor

PS: Miss u papi Tax
                            There has been decent feedback with regards to this matter. I'm going to try to test it out during a weekend event and see what the crowd overall prefers.

While I like the idea, I would rather have 1 arena that is active and popular versus 2 arenas that are so so. You know what I mean?
                            - MS

Comment

Lol what a shit idea splitting the arena when there's barely 10 in the arena as is... that includes bots

Comment

Working...
                              X