Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: If I was in charge of Trench Wars 5-10 years ago...

  1. #21
    zeebu 'DUMPTRUCK' johnson Zeebu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    treeless brasil
    Posts
    5,936
    he read through all of your walls of text and gave you some pretty decent answers and feedback. man, what a dick.


    1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

  2. #22
    ` Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,299
    Useless crap
    Quote Originally Posted by jerome
    can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

  3. #23
    Registered User skyforger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by mtine View Post
    Then you are writing in the wrong thread. Besides, nobody gives a shit about today's TW, at least not the smart people. And I have joined them by fulfilling the project above.
    So basically you write multi post walls of text about how TW should've worked, but you don't give a shit about TW and don't think anyone should either.

    Makes complete sense.

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    368
    I actually am hesitant to respond to this because you clearly put a good amount of time into writing it all. But what vindication are you looking for here? That the 30 people who read the forums are somehow in their seats in awe thinking 'Holy shit... wiibimbo had the answers this entire time..." This is cringey as fuck. Much appreciation to LF for summarizing just how badly you missed.

    But you're not alone. People like you have always spoken up with monday morning quarterback, simple minded, consequentialist nonsense like this. Here's what you did: Rewind 5 (roughly 5-10..) years while the game is already on its' last legs. Reflect on every good aspect of the game that saw a decline. List every league that was once a success and fell apart. List everything being rebooted now and claim you would have fixed it earlier. Predictably, you forgot to mix in a declining and aging playerbase, redundant content, lack of qualified volunteers, and lack of resources into your calculus. The result was an air ball. An impressive magnum opus on how to spend 15 years playing a video game and somehow not find a clue.

    Cool man, I would have killed Constantine before he made Christianity legal to help preserve Rome's Empire. Abe Lincoln? I would have had better security at Ford's theater. This type of shit requires 0 talent to come up with, which is why it's actually not shocking that you of all people did come up with it.

    That's it for the personal attacks. It's just annoying to people like me, claushouse, turban, and LF who actually had to tackle these things as the game inevitably declined in the 2010's. When I see LF on the forums flagging every other post as ridiculous nonsense on here, I get it. I've worked with him, he's a smart dude. In our time, we actually had to be creative and survey the state of the game and then make real-time projections on what would work. We understood player motivations. We actually recognized what generates interest, which incentives were going to promote activity and participation, which league formats were feasible with the population, and which players we needed most to buy in so others would follow. We then had to execute our ideas with depleted resources. But most importantly, we navigated through all of it in real-time. You did not.

    You can't just throw stickers and medals on the twd page and expect the masses to get interested. Leagues need a culture and a competitive credibility, from the league ops to the players. There's no objective reason why TWL was recognized and sought after as the highest achievement in the game. That was all vernacular, a fiction we all bought into. The quality and weight of those pixels are measured by the collective community. After Fierce and Sweet retired, the TWLD medal was inherently less meaningful and the lack of interest that immediately followed was predictable. The prize of winning any league that Ease doesn't participate in is immediately cheapened. His presence alone has a value that no league or poorly thought out structure is capable of buying back.

    Lack of understanding player motivation can be found everywhere on the forum. It's laughable when I read people still arguing whether elim should be split into 2 arenas. We ran that experiment when the population averaged 350 people. It doesn't work. Why do you think that is? It's the same reason why we're all guilty of logging on and immediately going to the most populated arena. It's the same reason I logoff after 5 seconds if not enough familiar names are in ?chat. Culture and a sense of community are what made this game worth logging into day after day, year after year. The content could never have done the job by itself. And despite the deluded book you wrote here, neither could you.
    Helios> this girl at the bar i meet we went home she was like eat my pussy i was liek go shower she came back out was liek ready am like who the fuck are u what hapopen to the other girl

  5. #25
    Leland
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    368
    gtfo
    Leland

  6. #26
    Registered User field's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,214
    It's wiibimbo the fucking visionary.

  7. #27
    wiibimbo mtine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ?go wbduel
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythril View Post
    I actually am hesitant to respond to this because you clearly put a good amount of time into writing it all. But what vindication are you looking for here? That the 30 people who read the forums are somehow in their seats in awe thinking 'Holy shit... wiibimbo had the answers this entire time..." This is cringey as fuck. Much appreciation to LF for summarizing just how badly you missed.

    But you're not alone. People like you have always spoken up with monday morning quarterback, simple minded, consequentialist nonsense like this. Here's what you did: Rewind 5 (roughly 5-10..) years while the game is already on its' last legs. Reflect on every good aspect of the game that saw a decline. List every league that was once a success and fell apart. List everything being rebooted now and claim you would have fixed it earlier. Predictably, you forgot to mix in a declining and aging playerbase, redundant content, lack of qualified volunteers, and lack of resources into your calculus. The result was an air ball. An impressive magnum opus on how to spend 15 years playing a video game and somehow not find a clue.

    Cool man, I would have killed Constantine before he made Christianity legal to help preserve Rome's Empire. Abe Lincoln? I would have had better security at Ford's theater. This type of shit requires 0 talent to come up with, which is why it's actually not shocking that you of all people did come up with it.

    That's it for the personal attacks. It's just annoying to people like me, claushouse, turban, and LF who actually had to tackle these things as the game inevitably declined in the 2010's. When I see LF on the forums flagging every other post as ridiculous nonsense on here, I get it. I've worked with him, he's a smart dude. In our time, we actually had to be creative and survey the state of the game and then make real-time projections on what would work. We understood player motivations. We actually recognized what generates interest, which incentives were going to promote activity and participation, which league formats were feasible with the population, and which players we needed most to buy in so others would follow. We then had to execute our ideas with depleted resources. But most importantly, we navigated through all of it in real-time. You did not.

    You can't just throw stickers and medals on the twd page and expect the masses to get interested. Leagues need a culture and a competitive credibility, from the league ops to the players. There's no objective reason why TWL was recognized and sought after as the highest achievement in the game. That was all vernacular, a fiction we all bought into. The quality and weight of those pixels are measured by the collective community. After Fierce and Sweet retired, the TWLD medal was inherently less meaningful and the lack of interest that immediately followed was predictable. The prize of winning any league that Ease doesn't participate in is immediately cheapened. His presence alone has a value that no league or poorly thought out structure is capable of buying back.

    Lack of understanding player motivation can be found everywhere on the forum. It's laughable when I read people still arguing whether elim should be split into 2 arenas. We ran that experiment when the population averaged 350 people. It doesn't work. Why do you think that is? It's the same reason why we're all guilty of logging on and immediately going to the most populated arena. It's the same reason I logoff after 5 seconds if not enough familiar names are in ?chat. Culture and a sense of community are what made this game worth logging into day after day, year after year. The content could never have done the job by itself. And despite the deluded book you wrote here, neither could you.
    So basically what you are saying that people like me are not allowed to talk about what would've happen if they were in charge of the game just because they are not seen worthy in your or LF's eyes? Good riddance, Sir.
    "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
    Napoleon Hill


    wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
    Dral>I can get implants

  8. #28
    Registered User Banks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    130
    The game just needs a revamp. I mean, look at it...it screams 1998. I already know people are working on a new engine with new graphics. Although i haven't seen any updates. You want this game to appeal to new players? Update the damn game. What's the first thing new players see before they even log in? How the game looks. Also, obviously people are going to quit if it is the same shit. Same graphics, same concepts, same thing..over and over again. Just a decrease in population each year. Hell, I rarely log in any more. Not because I don't love the game, but because it doesn't appeal to me like it used to. Same shit. Draft tourny, Elim....um okay. Same thing. Update the game. Make it look more up to date, implement new controls possibly, a new UI, better ways to do commands. Instead of typing (?go base), have a UI option for it so it is easier for new players to navigate. Lots of ideas can come out of this great game. Obviously all of this is easier said than done, but good games aren't developed in one day either. Fact of the matter is, there is just better shit to play nowadays.
    2:morph> serious question how does ass taste crip
    2:cripple> dude it tastes amazing. especially when her liquid comes out after u pull out ur tongue out of her butthole
    2:jebass> i gave a rim job wants got a pc of corn stuck to my tongue

    Mortal 2016

    4:cripple> everyone DOWNLOAD my cheat engine it removes .5 sec off ur respawn and adds a 3rd into regen energy link is here: www.pornhub.com/man.kills.fly.during.anal.html

  9. #29
    's 1959 manteca paradise!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ahia
    Posts
    3,086
    words, words, words. text text text.
    big sean> L!O!L!
    Cres> ?
    Cres> its mine now.
    destruct <> WATER U DEWIN
    paradise> Dewin? Ill take that. using that now
    destruct <> u welcum
    thix> Lol this shit is ban hannah's.
    cripple> ?
    paradise> ?
    Cres> You can keep that one.

  10. #30
    goes hard in the paint the_paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    3,267
    I stopped reading when you talked about "reorganizing" staff by using the exact same positions that have been around for years. That was my favorite part of this thread.

    Hi LF
    Peyton Manning

    Quote Originally Posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
    all stats should be removed except for the stat of how many times mattey can go fuck himself which I would expect should be rather high
    JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

  11. #31
    wiibimbo mtine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ?go wbduel
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by the_paul View Post
    I stopped reading when you talked about "reorganizing" staff by using the exact same positions that have been around for years. That was my favorite part of this thread.

    Hi LF
    How's retirement paul? Don't you miss Jessup, boi?
    "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
    Napoleon Hill


    wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
    Dral>I can get implants

  12. #32
    Registered User Tone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,660
    who the heck are you ??

    Ive had this game since 2003 and ive never seen any "mtine" in-game before

    If I were in charge I would replacve Weasel with NiteWasp, change the settings frequently to surprise people with crazy and fun things like terrier red bullets lasting 3 minutes before disappeariong and all kinds of wild shit, one or two days a week of creative setting changes

    and I would add some music


  13. #33
    wiibimbo mtine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ?go wbduel
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    who the heck are you ??

    Ive had this game since 2003 and ive never seen any "mtine" in-game before

    If I were in charge I would replacve Weasel with NiteWasp, change the settings frequently to surprise people with crazy and fun things like terrier red bullets lasting 3 minutes before disappeariong and all kinds of wild shit, one or two days a week of creative setting changes

    and I would add some music

    Nobody knows me Tone, am new to the game.

    PS. Does stupidity know any boundaries in this game? Am leaning hard towards "no".
    "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
    Napoleon Hill


    wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
    Dral>I can get implants

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •