Squad Reviews (Pre FA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad Reviews (Pre FA)

I was reviewing the rules and there seems to be no rating constrictions for in game lines. Best rosters are based off names only and not inactive or active players. I will have to say the captains knocked it out of the park with the team names, A+ ratings overall.

Repel Alliance

Best Lineups: Terr: Zizu, back up Jessup
    Sharks: Pork, Markmrw, Oder
    Spiders: Skyforger, Trasher, TJ, Forgotten Ghost, Vys

Will Zizu show? If not they will have to go with Jessup. Will vys show? If not they will have to use some random newbies at the last spider slot. This team depends a lot on a few key people to show up, if they don't show/lag out, they might be in trouble.

Cram Busters

Best Lineups: Terr: Thix
    Sharks: Rodney, Rozay, backups Invincible
    Spiders: Cripple, Rab, Holy Ship, Ricko, (insert random aliased person here).

This team seems okay or really good, though I do not really know the aliased people on this team like mvp or Ugandan sniper. If they’re good players as their ratings indicate, this team might be really good. Will Thix rage quit mid game? Will he even show? I feel like a lot of the success of this team hinges on thix since the realistically have no back up terrier (could use Rab but Thix is da best.). Cripple is a god, will he will them to victory?

Massive Attach
    Best Lineups: Terr: Mikkiz
    Sharks: Jamal? MG, Beasty
    Spiders: Dreamwin, Zizzo, Jamal, Gilder, Sakke? Dutch Baser, NL Trigger This is the “euro” team.

This is the laggy euro Dudgeon team. They have many players classified as spiders but we all know they can all play multiple positions. Considering there are no ratings limits on lines, they will be devastating to opponents if they show up on Sundays. This team has a lot of decent backups too as far as the people at 7 or lower. They also lag (out) a lot.

Gangsta Shrappers

Best Lineups: Terr: Heaven, backup Bellflowers
    Sharks: Zidane, Mcvicar, backup Steadman?
    Spiders: Ra, Henry Saari, Ra, Tripin, Mcvicar, bellfowers, Geio

This team is interesting, they have probably the best shark pair in the tourney. Their spiders might get rolled by the euro team or the Repel Alliance though. I don’t know, from my limited experience it’s easier to win games with a dominant spider line than a dominant shark line. I am not sure who Vacation Jason is but he is rated a 9 so if he’s a god they might be okay in the spider department. This team could be vulnerable to infighting due to the personalities here. Most of these guys are pretty competitive and get upset when shit doesn’t go their way, will be interesting to see if they can keep it together and get those W’s. Good news is these guys are loaded with talent, but maybe a shallow spider line (compared to the other teams) may be their undoing.

I don't mean to offend anyone, these write ups just for fun. The FA draft will boost all of these rosters and as we all know, show ups and lagouts on Sundays can change everything. I think these teams are pretty balanced overall, good picking by the caps to keep this thing competitive. In fact, these teams might have some good players sitting in spec if a lot show up.

I also forgot to mention, I don't even play anymore so these are probably inaccurate!

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Red View Post
      I will have to say the captains knocked it out of the park with the team names, A+ ratings overall.
      I named them all

Spiders: Ra, Henry Saari, Ra, Tripin, Mcvicar, bellfowers, Geio
      Double Ra, OP.

Good review, fairly closely matches my thinking, except I know who most of the aliasers are. I like the dominant spiders vs dominant sharks comment, I also prefer dominant spiders, but a few people have said the opposite.

I think week 1 was basically determined by turnout. I.e. for me, Rodney, Rozay, Ricko, Rasaq all didn't show. I know I wasn't the only one with that problem. What should have been fairly evenly matched on paper turned out not to be evenly matched based on attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
        I named them all

Double Ra, OP.

Good review, fairly closely matches my thinking, except I know who most of the aliasers are. I like the dominant spiders vs dominant sharks comment, I also prefer dominant spiders, but a few people have said the opposite.

I think week 1 was basically determined by turnout. I.e. for me, Rodney, Rozay, Ricko, Rasaq all didn't show. I know I wasn't the only one with that problem. What should have been fairly evenly matched on paper turned out not to be evenly matched based on attendance.
        Thanks man for the feedback. Yes double Ra's on that team would help a lot lol. Who are the aliasers?

Comment

Who are the aliasers?

If Ease could stop telling people I'm ForgottenGhost, that would be great
          top 100 basers list

Comment

Despite heavy losses Week 2. The Cram Busters got in 6 minutes in each round with a lower tier lineup. Of course or Sir and Right Honorable Captain Rab says that as well about which gamer would play the matches that week as well most likely.

Edit: Repel Alliance has 5:59 in one too this Week 2, that extra second though!
            TWDT Power Squadron Triple Crown Win 2018 Season. Base, Javelin and Warbird Medals.
            TWDTB Season 15 Trench Wars Draft Basing: TWDTB Champion & Medal
            TSLB All-Star Season 2: Medal 1 Win-Baser in 2 or 4 to 10 Zones('Grab the Flag')&Paladen Best Old Squad 50 Members-former whiterabbits squad, fan and member: Invincible
            ~Babylon 5 spider insider.sigpic former No Surrender and No Surrender II,loyal to Anti-Scrub~ Kongregate Champion!

Comment

Yes i agree

Comment

I'm still confident we can do well if our proper line all show up, but it didn't happen this week, maybe next week..

Comment

Working...
                X