Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TWDT Season 2018 signups open!

I know major, but despite that staff still expects me to cap.. look at how ogron reacted when I didn't for the first time last season.

Anyway I am 100% ok not capping if we have enough other options that would make it more fair. I will do what staff believes is better for quality of league

I will not be able to show, can someone remove me from the list please? Thank you, sorry for the inconvenience.

Major Crisis/Ownix Major Crisis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zidane View Post
    I know major, but despite that staff still expects me to cap.. look at how ogron reacted when I didn't for the first time last season.

Anyway I am 100% ok not capping if we have enough other options that would make it more fair. I will do what staff believes is better for quality of league
    Staff thinks people will step up randomly nowadays. Just like I have had to contact 10-20% of the list to signup, while I have nothing to do about coording this league. They expect stuff to happen out of nowhere. I dont think they know how much effort Ogron did in all these years to get equal captains and get players signed up.
    Major Crisis

Quote Originally Posted by Major Crisis View Post
    Staff thinks people will step up randomly nowadays. Just like I have had to contact 10-20% of the list to signup, while I have nothing to do about coording this league. They expect stuff to happen out of nowhere. I dont think they know how much effort Ogron did in all these years to get equal captains and get players signed up.
    Your help is appreciated, right now majority of our league team is having their summer off in the sun. If anybody has more connections to oldies who might want to play TWDT, drag them in, lets break 140 signups before draft Sunday.
    Last edited by Henry Saari; 07-19-2018 at 12:24 PM.

I didnt give a hard no, said "leaning towards a no".
    Because I dont think its fair if you cap dw/zid/com against mediocore players like myself. Something zidane wont admin, is that he (and other named) have a huge advantage when it comes to picking team. I have never been an impact player (higher than 8 stars) and doubt I will now. While they only have to worry about 1 impact slot on the jav. As you can see of last season you knew Terrorist and Tiny's team were gonna be top contenders in jav, just because they had 2 10 star players from the start. The only reason these guys lost javelin, was cuz I was a bullshit 7 star.
    In base commodo/zid barely have to worry about sharks.. Any cap you select against those guys are fucked in my opinion. Thats why I told Henry to look for captains a little below that level. I suggested asking like me, racka, zizzo, tiny and so on. Racka and Tiny are high stars in their league, which will give them an advantage vs me and zizzo. While in other leagues me and zizzo will have a little advantage. Thats sounds more fair to me than capping zidane/dreamwin/commodo.

Its not a coincidence that zidane/dreamwin reach finals almost every season they cap.

Agree with Major here actually.

IMO we need caps that are as equal as possible i.e. going by DW and zidane that means 2 league stars or so and also know the player pool in all leagues. If the player pool doesn't have enough such vets to cap, then go to other players that know what they're doing like Attacks, but gotta perk them up somehow in the interest of making this as competitive as possible. It could be via non-random picking order that favors the objectively weaker caps, or by pre-set giving them an extra worthwhile player (call it co-cap or not, whatever).

Other option would be to go for exclusively lower skill solo caps. Might be good if they know what they're doing and stay interested, or might be a disaster if they don't.

I prefer 1st option, while we introduce other players to capping by teaming them up to avoid the possible train wrecks.

I wouldn't mind making my capping debut in 2018 if all other caps allow me to pick Dierienow
    Helios> this girl at the bar i meet we went home she was like eat my pussy i was liek go shower she came back out was liek ready am like who the fuck are u what hapopen to the other girl

You are making it sound like we have only had success because we have a skill advantage. Sure it has impact but its disrespectful to think thats all it takes to succeed. Like zidane said we are doing a favor to the community by volunteering to cap and providing players with good quality experience in competetive tw league.

Now that the population has declined the captains need to be somewhat equal value, though.

me zid mythril trasher tiny +1, could happen. I'm up for conversation about co-capping too, anything works as long as it is somewhat fair.

Postponing the draft was a good decision to provide some time to figure things out.

T E R R O R I S T 2 0 1 8
    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
    The winningest TWDT captain of all time

I may give this cap thing a try if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamwin View Post
    You are making it sound like we have only had success because we have a skill advantage. Sure it has impact but its disrespectful to think thats all it takes to succeed. Like zidane said we are doing a favor to the community by volunteering to cap and providing players with good quality experience in competetive tw league.

Now that the population has declined the captains need to be somewhat equal value, though.

me zid mythril trasher tiny +1, could happen. I'm up for conversation about co-capping too, anything works as long as it is somewhat fair.

Postponing the draft was a good decision to provide some time to figure things out.

T E R R O R I S T 2 0 1 8
    I will co-cap with dreamwin
    4x TWLD Champion
    Fierce For Life

I just realized most of these problems would be solved if we just stop playing basing
    Quote Originally Posted by jerome
    can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

slash it
    Quote Originally Posted by jerome
    can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

The big 3 league vets stepping up to cap is huge for the zone, this ensures a quality league, hopefully we can get 1 more

zeebu 'DUMPTRUCK' johnson Zeebu's Avatar
    anyone ever done a fantasy football auction draft? could do it that way. could give the gold star caps a slight disadvantage by giving them a little less draft capital to start with. make all the caps choose themselves for what would be a fair rate.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Saari View Post
    Extending captain invitations to Tiny and Attacks.
    Is skyforger involved with TWDT?
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Quote Originally Posted by MHz View Post
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Is skyforger involved with TWDT?
    He's one of those who are enjoying their summer elsewhere. 99,9% chance you will deal with me or vys.

How about we confirm you as a captain now?

Edit: 4 caps confirmed: zidane, dreamwin, Mythril and Attacks (+co-cap to be announced later).
    Last edited by Henry Saari; 07-20-2018 at 04:37 PM.

I have never been this excited for TWDT in a while.
    100% show rate if Iím chosen.
    Thank you for this honor
    TWLJ CHAMP SYNDICATE
    TWLJ CHAMP x3 dicE
    TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
    #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)
    #1 RANKED PANEL SPIDER TO EVER PLAY THIS ZONE FROM SEASON 10 AND ON - TWDT PANEL / TWL PANEL

$$

Some quality captains, whos getting the last 2 spots??

I'm out, re-tired. gl boys
    "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
    Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
    Dral>I can get implants

Sign me up. Ill show in Sundayís and embarrass myself

Just like I have had to contact 10-20% of the list to signup, while I have nothing to do about coording this league.
    maybe we should learn a lesson from basing cup and if you have to go out of your way to contact to get these guys just to sign up maybe we should realize chances of them showing up for games is probably that same 10%

if they had interest in the game once in a while or played once in a while then they would have already seen it and signed up.. anyone having us on FB or getting the email newsletter would see and be notifed that the league are starting up and getting ready.... so if they havent stepped up to say hey sign me up... then maybe they dont have as much interest as you would like to think they have?

These "elite" players you guys cling to that cant be bothered to show up basically ruined the Basing Cup.... and half the ones that did still had egos so big even though most hadnt played in ages....but just assumed everyone should move over for them... even when some were quite rusty and didnt play well at all.. lol.....
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.