Native Apps for iOS/Android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Native Apps for iOS/Android

Is there anything we could benefit from by having native apps? Let's brainstorm some use cases and see if anything fits.

I suppose the goal is to provide better, modern tools to our existing players with a companion app, keep activity high, and make things more interesting.
    Let's focus this on existing players. Sure the App Stores can definitely be used to attract new players with a compelling app, smart ASO so you rise up the listings, but I'm really not sure what kind of app we could build that would funnel users to the desktop client.

That is why I think it's best to focus on keeping existing users interested at the moment. There are lots of modern mobile technologies we can take advantage of. Push notifications, in-app messaging, authentication. Let’s daydream about some use cases and see if anything beneficial becomes apparent.

Imagine you could open a companion app on your phone while playing Continuum. What kind of possibilities are there?

Here are some ideas.

SUBSPACE-EVENTS APP
    A native representation of the events over on https://subspace-events.com.
    This could use push notifications to let you know when new events are added.
    “Weekend Events (July 14th 2018) have just been added to the calendar.”

It could also use local notifications to let the user schedule reminders for certain events.
    “Reminder: TWDT Week 1 matches will start in 1 hour.”

TW ALERTS
    An idea that was started by 24 and quite a lot of progress has already been made. 24 can share more details but my understanding is this app would:
    1. Send news pushes
    2. Send TWD challenge pushes and allow recipients to beep/+1/“I’m in” that would get delivered to the players in-game.
    3. Send TWD results via push.

24 can fill in more details. It’s a really interesting idea.

TW STAFF APP
    Staff could keep an app open while playing and use it to warn, shiplock, by tapping buttons rather than typing commands.
    I don’t think this would offer too much of an amazing improvement. Maybe a few seconds saved by tapping rather than typing. Nice idea though.

TWDT App
    This could take advantage of the Firebase realtime database and push updates to all clients. Could be fun. Also standings, results, etc.

SUBSPACE HUB APP
    A one-stop app for everything Subspace related. All zones. All TWDT info, Elim, Events, news… all rolled into one place. This might actually be something that happens naturally over time as we develop apps, they may eventually find themselves consolidated into one single package.

Please have a think. I’m going through a house move so I’ve got a bit of free time waiting on various things (which is how I was able to get https://subspace-events.com up). I’m open to building something in react-native and publishing it for iOS and Android but let’s take this opportunity to think about what we want to build first. I want something that will keep users up-to-date with the latest info, keep them interested (forums integration? player interaction could be important. Message relay outside of the game?)

I feel like we can come up with something simple initially and then extend it. Think about what could be addictive. Think about how we could create something that players want to check every day as their morning ritual.
    Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

TW GAMES APP

An app for all the gambling/rps/lottery/fruit machine chat games. You can also experiment with sort of different incentives. For example maybe people use energy or get a free spin every hour from the app, etc. Have a interface for things like RPS records (perhaps just since the launch of the app, not entire history), fruit machine wins and so on.
    sigpic

Comment

Cost-benefit of all these ideas is royally shit. Infact, going for an epic shit would be more rewarding.

Comment

Working...
      X