Pub milestone changes, suggestions and feedback [UPDATED 07-19]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pub milestone changes, suggestions and feedback [UPDATED 07-19]

As some of you might have noticed, there have been some changes to the landmark, now milestone, system recently. With this thread I want to share all the changes as well as to include all of you in the creative process.

Currently there are over 800 milestones you can get in a single session. A detailed overview of the milestones is attached to this post. Those milestones are divided in a couple of categories, which can also have their own subcategories:

• kills
      • kills in any* ship of any ship (bonus is based on ratio)
      • kills in a specific** ship of any ship
      • kills in any ship of a specific ship
      • kills in a specific ship of a specific ship
      • kills in under 5 minutes in any ship
      • kills without excessive team killing (jav, lev, and shark only)
      • kill streak in a specific ship

• deaths
      • ​deaths in any ship
      • deaths due to team killing

• goals
      • ​goals in any ship
      • assists in any ship

• random
      • random chance on getting with every kill

• time
      • ​time played in session

• money (added 07-08)
      • money earned in session
      • money spent in session

* counting kills/deaths/goals of all ships used
    ** only counting kills/deaths/goals in one ship

Some of the kill milestones are weighted differently for each ship. For example a weasel needs less kills to get a milestone than a warbird would.

Also the way a session works has been changed. Before, your session would cease to exist the moment you would leave or reenter the arena. Now, your session is saved for 2 hours of continuous offline time or 5 hours of continuous spec time. This makes it easier to get to the higher milestones or to take a break in between. You can check your stats at any time by PMing TW-PubSystem with "!stats" and "!killtable".

We are currently working on a system that stores some of your statistics long term. Currently only your kill streak, killothon wins and money are being saved in pub where stats are concerned. All the other stats are reset every two weeks.

This is also where we need your help. There are a lot of possibilities and we want to make the right ones. Would you like to see? Daily challenges? Challenges based on your play style?

Let us know and leave a comment with your suggestions and/or feedback!

P.S.

LANDMARK!

P.P.S.

That wasn't part of the plan, my apologies.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BIET; 07-18-2018, 06:54 PM. Reason: Added money milestones

The only thing I need is the ability to turn these messages off, and for that setting to be remembered so I don't have to keep doing it.

Comment

It would kill the servers. it's already lagged beyond repair. this hasn't been done because it bogs down the server.
      also the milestones are invasive. we already have public stats on the website. i can see how this can get players to start reading text since 99% of in-game-text is useless garbage and banter but there is so much interference by staff and bots in this game it's out of hand. players are trying to learn how to flag base and the number of dumb distractions that have been added to the already difficult learning experience in the recent years have made it a real headache to play it any more. If this goes forward there must be away to disable it, otherwise ?ignore the bot.

why milestone such superficial instances like kills and deaths. that is already done all over the place.
      milestone flag game wins. milestone flag saves. milestone game wins per ships. copy the pub stats awards from the site and use those titles. at the least try to encourage flag basing.
      Fi> where are my freedom letters going?
      Shock Halo> howdy, OMG I want to retire but I'm too broke and not good enough lookin to be a hooker!

warbit> FreeSpirit is truly my spirit animal.

Amnesti> tiger told me u called him lyme disease retard

Comment

I would really like to see a !nextmilestone command that gives you something to work towards.

Right now I use !stats and have to rely on memory to know what I'm aiming for (100 kills in wb, 80 kills in jav).

We could also PM when you hit 90% progress for various. ie. 90 kills out of the required 100 could trigger a prompt letting the user know to keep going.

Obviously we shouldn't include ALL milestones in this. It's a bit weird to be told "you only need to die 10 more times to get an award!", but kills/goals etc could be fun.
        Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

Working...
        X