Thread: Forum Dark Themes

Forum Dark Themes

People keep posting official announcements in a format that are "best viewed in" the light forum theme.

Either:
    - Do it so the dark themes work properly
    - Remove all other themes

'coz I'm sick of having to ask people to edit their posts to suppot the dark theme.

Many of the themes are unfortunately broken. Some result in oversized avatar photos, others don't show controls in edit post boxes, and a million other small formatting issues. If you prepare a post outside of forums in Windows and then paste it, it picks up both the CR and LF as a newline, resulting in double spacing between paragraphs.

Having both dark and light themes and also allowing users to choose color is a bit crazy.

But it's also not 2005; why do we even have dark themes? There's a reason they were almost universally eliminated across the web. They're hard to read. (Or else, the dark theme was made the only one available, or colors were disabled.)
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

I use the dark theme so I can have it open on my 2nd monitor alongside ss on the 1st monitor without being blinded by the light.

The other main forum I use is ocuk, might be the biggest tech forum in the uk, and that has a dark theme which most people use. So I wouldn't say dark themes are gone at all, I'd say they're essential, so they should work properly.

How about stopping ppl from changing text colour?

Use the pink theme man

k well I can play at that game too