Forum Dark Themes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Dark Themes

People keep posting official announcements in a format that are "best viewed in" the light forum theme.

Either:
    - Do it so the dark themes work properly
    - Remove all other themes

'coz I'm sick of having to ask people to edit their posts to suppot the dark theme.

Many of the themes are unfortunately broken. Some result in oversized avatar photos, others don't show controls in edit post boxes, and a million other small formatting issues. If you prepare a post outside of forums in Windows and then paste it, it picks up both the CR and LF as a newline, resulting in double spacing between paragraphs.

Having both dark and light themes and also allowing users to choose color is a bit crazy.

But it's also not 2005; why do we even have dark themes? There's a reason they were almost universally eliminated across the web. They're hard to read. (Or else, the dark theme was made the only one available, or colors were disabled.)
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

I use the dark theme so I can have it open on my 2nd monitor alongside ss on the 1st monitor without being blinded by the light.

The other main forum I use is ocuk, might be the biggest tech forum in the uk, and that has a dark theme which most people use. So I wouldn't say dark themes are gone at all, I'd say they're essential, so they should work properly.

How about stopping ppl from changing text colour?

Comment

Use the pink theme man

Comment

k well I can play at that game too

Comment

Comment

fuck ignorant people and their eye searing white backgrounds

how about instead actually using intelligent website design or even better not having fucking broken themes
              The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
              SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

I'd just like to say that the "Illuminati" theme is the best theme these forums have ever seen. M_M God and I went to extreme lengths to make it slick as hell. Then ya'll upgraded the vBulletin version and fucked it up. Good going.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

wheres my +1 button
                  The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                  SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Working...
                  X