Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea

Hey, got an idea, it's a bit dumb but -- eh, what if some of us ?messaged a couple people who we miss, lost contact with and want to see again.

When they log back in a year from now, they know you give a damn.

Bonus points: attach your email or other contact info that won't blow up in 3y
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Yeah, people are more likely to log in if there's a community, hence all my ranting about not killing squads, the importance of twd, and features for finding chats too.

It's a good way to get people to show up for TWDT. They really do show up if they know someone cares.

The problem is that so many people never log in, so they aren't going to get the message. A lot of people share phone numbers, whatsapp, facebook, steam, whatever -- so they have options, but I don't have that info for anyone.

Comment

One of my ideas besides having the nightwasp replace cloaker part-time permanently, is this:

A day out of the week where the OP changes settings in a crazy way, This can include things like making 1 in 60 greens contain a thor or shield (odds 1 in 120 for each, 1 in 60 for either)

Making terrier red bullets last 2 minutes in their life

Ships have movement settings like Metal Gear or go really fast for the day

The default arena changes to Battleship and people see how cool it is

the default arena changes to MG pub or a legacy

sharks have 9 mines and max mines for team changes, but the mines have 1/3rd their normal life before disappearing so its a faster mining game.

This will give you the gist of the one day per week choosing a setting to change and changing it. this is a list for different days for several weeks as examples, not an example of all in one day.

You stop being boring and do crazy settings. if i had control of this id make the perfect permanent settings too

Comment

my email attached to this is still my main email and it is yahoo and from late 2000 or 2001, it was before GMail existed

When GMail came about, i couldnt understand how so many people had it so fast because it meant losing their previous EMails,, its like what the hell, are you new to the internet??? or justdont care about the pain of an email change?

Comment

That thing with varied settings was done and it was the most annoying thing ever. When you get time to log in and play, you want to play the game you love, not some weird fuckin frankenstein game. Leave it the fuck alone.

Comment

What if we had a public trenchwars whatsapp group (or other chat group) on the phone. Idea is you get as many existing or old tws players in this group and players get txt messages. Can just mention any events or games going on in it at minimum. Might tempt members to log in or log in at a certain time. Prob is spam and idiots 😂. I got a mini group on WhatsApp with Eren on it. I'm trying my best to trick him to rejoining tws 😂
            1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

It's called Discord.

Comment

Speaking of Discord, we're also looking at a TW Discord (aside from the general one, which we're kind of managing at the moment). This would let us have separate channels for discussing things such as #pub, #TWDT, #elim, and so on. Any thoughts? Might be more productive than forums, which are pretty old-fashioned and many people aren't interested in joining. Meanwhile many (younger) gamers already have a Discord account. If they can just click a link and start talking they're much more likely to do it. A lot of the older guys are not into trying out Discord, though... talked to some and they have no idea what it is, nor do they care.
                "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Working...
                X