Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 78

Thread: Official Warning: Steadman

  1. #21
    ` Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,299
    To be fair, Steadman warned everyone he was gonna be a nightmare and urged us to ignore him asap. Mythril had prolly no idea stead was in the arena.

    ggs yesterday everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerome
    can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Is Steadman banned yet for refusing to play? I know in the past we have had the issue of top drafts refusing to play and trying to force trades etc. From that, I believe we dropped them, banned them, and picked up a equivalent players from FA. Unless this was resolved since last night, which I doubt, because it's Steadman.
    This is priceless. Ban a player because they refuse to play ROFLLLLLLLL. Very immature to run to forums outing him before attempting to have a conversation with him about it. People have their days.. give the guy a break and try to talk to him

  3. #23
    zeebu 'DUMPTRUCK' johnson Zeebu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    treeless brasil
    Posts
    5,936
    he came in late to the arena for the 2nd twdtd game. the line was already in and had just started. he immediately spammed to be subbed in to everyone on the frequency. he then stated that he will play every league every time or none at all. he then refused to play the rest of the games that day.

    youre right, there was alot of room in there to reason with the guy.


    1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

  4. #24
    2 good Tiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeebu View Post
    he came in late to the arena for the 2nd twdtd game. the line was already in and had just started. he immediately spammed to be subbed in to everyone on the frequency. he then stated that he will play every league every time or none at all. he then refused to play the rest of the games that day.

    youre right, there was alot of room in there to reason with the guy.
    what zeebu said. But yea im crazy....
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

    Quote Originally Posted by MHz View Post
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

  5. #25
    2 good Tiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited View Post
    This is priceless. Ban a player because they refuse to play ROFLLLLLLLL. Very immature to run to forums outing him before attempting to have a conversation with him about it. People have their days.. give the guy a break and try to talk to him
    Yea i'm the bad guy here. He cost us atleast 2 games.....give him a break....how many breaks must we give? Please enlighten us so we can count how many times until its a big deal enough for you. Someone fucks our week up on purpose, and you expect us to just accept it. Trolls are great.
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

    Quote Originally Posted by MHz View Post
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeebu View Post
    he came in late to the arena for the 2nd twdtd game. the line was already in and had just started. he immediately spammed to be subbed in to everyone on the frequency. he then stated that he will play every league every time or none at all. he then refused to play the rest of the games that day.

    youre right, there was alot of room in there to reason with the guy.
    Yeah you're right, that does seem very irrational. I didn't know the specifics. Still think a player shouldn't be banned, though.. trade him if anything.

  7. #27
    Sig Inspired By Dreamwin Claushouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,310
    Steadman keeps bypassing my ignore using names:

    Not Steadman
    Hellwig
    Demonking99

    Can someone netban him please? Tired of this non-stop harassment. Thix and skyforger have done the same things spamming me mid-game during leagues in the past, and staff continues to be useless on one of the few actual duties they have.

    I laughed incredibly hard at skyforger saying "the elaborate rules vys kindly prepared for this season" when you literally just copy pasta'd all my work from the previous season(s). You people do almost nothing, you're only interested in being in charge because you're terrible at this game and need to feel powerful. No standings up on Sunday, you don't write Hot or Nots, no previews, and you ran TSL into the ground within 6 months with horrid changes.

    Do one of the few things you're actually supposed to do, and stop letting psychos harass people by bypassing ignore and spamming people during league games to fill their screen with text.

    I sent screenshot after screenshot to Qan and others in the past and they did nothing about it months ago. You're complete jokes.

    Do your job.
    S18 TWLB Champ
    S19 TWLB Runner-Up
    S20 TWLD/TWLJ/TWLB Champ
    S21 TWLB Runner-Up
    S8/S9/S10 TWDT-D/TWDT-J/TWDT-B Champ
    S11 TWDT-B Runner-Up
    S12 TWDT-B Champ
    S13 TWDT-B Runner-Up
    S14 TWDT-B Champ
    S1/S2 TSLD/TSLJ/TSLB All-Star

  8. #28
    -VwV-Royal Blue-VwV- Rasaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    216 O-H!
    Posts
    763
    Fuck Steadman, ban that faggot for spamming Myth in pms and everyone in freq chat. Good riddance.
    TWDT-D Champ x2
    TWDT-B Champ

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Claushouse View Post
    Steadman keeps bypassing my ignore using names:

    Not Steadman
    Hellwig
    Demonking99

    Can someone netban him please? Tired of this non-stop harassment. Thix and skyforger have done the same things spamming me mid-game during leagues in the past, and staff continues to be useless on one of the few actual duties they have.

    I laughed incredibly hard at skyforger saying "the elaborate rules vys kindly prepared for this season" when you literally just copy pasta'd all my work from the previous season(s). You people do almost nothing, you're only interested in being in charge because you're terrible at this game and need to feel powerful. No standings up on Sunday, you don't write Hot or Nots, no previews, and you ran TSL into the ground within 6 months with horrid changes.

    Do one of the few things you're actually supposed to do, and stop letting psychos harass people by bypassing ignore and spamming people during league games to fill their screen with text.

    I sent screenshot after screenshot to Qan and others in the past and they did nothing about it months ago. You're complete jokes.

    Do your job.
    I didn't spam you during leagues though you fat ugly bald fuck lol
    Mythril> when i met ease in 2001 he was a gameboy

    Wirah> steadman is amazing
    Wirah> he messages everyone 'For Frodo' before jd begins

  10. #30
    give life, take death qan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    oly, wa
    Posts
    886
    Quote Originally Posted by Claushouse View Post
    Do one of the few things you're actually supposed to do, and stop letting psychos harass people by bypassing ignore and spamming people during league games to fill their screen with text.

    I sent screenshot after screenshot to Qan and others in the past and they did nothing about it months ago. You're complete jokes.

    Do your job.
    The issue's always been with verifying identity. We have records for players in TW. We don't have records for any outside it. We can work with other zone owners in some situations, though not all. As far as I know, no other zone holds records of players the way TW does.

    If someone isn't outright saying, "hello, yes, I am the one who has been spamming you" on their name in TW, it can often be impossible to verify the identity of a cross-zone spammer after the fact.

    This is why, as much as you complained, and as much as I explained that we need a way to connect person A to person B, we weren't able to take action in the past. However, if you're being cross-zone spammed and a sysop's currently online, netbanning based on immediate evidence is possible, as there's no need to connect A to B.

    But usually very little can be done after the fact. It's an unfortunate problem inherent in our old and dispersed technology. I'm still always willing to look at logs and screenshots and see if there's any information that can be gathered/links can be established between identities. You should also provide logs/screenshots to tucker. Then we can respond according to the ban protocol.

    In the meantime, in order to combat cross-zone spam, I recommend doing the following:

    1. Using ?namelen=21 and then ?ignore during a death (copypaste from chat window if needed). Do not respond to the name telling them you're ignoring them, as obviously they'll just switch names to continue. Do not respond to anything at all.
    2. Using ?lines=0
    3. Using Discord or another VoIP program to coordinate with your team. (Captains, if you'd like to set up a private Discord channel on http://www.trenchwars.org/discord/ that you can moderate and restrict access to, please let me know.)
    4. Treating people with respect and dignity, and not instead being a pompous, insufferable twit.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

  11. #31
    Sig Inspired By Dreamwin Claushouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,310



    Quote Originally Posted by qan View Post
    being a pompous, insufferable twit.
    You just described yourself perfectly.
    S18 TWLB Champ
    S19 TWLB Runner-Up
    S20 TWLD/TWLJ/TWLB Champ
    S21 TWLB Runner-Up
    S8/S9/S10 TWDT-D/TWDT-J/TWDT-B Champ
    S11 TWDT-B Runner-Up
    S12 TWDT-B Champ
    S13 TWDT-B Runner-Up
    S14 TWDT-B Champ
    S1/S2 TSLD/TSLJ/TSLB All-Star

  12. #32
    Registered User skyforger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    326
    not sure how it fits in Steadman's appreciation thread but since we talking staff action on ancient stuff, are we really going to let it slide that ogron deleted Jar Jar Binks HoNs among other player created content when abusing his forum powers to ruin a season of twdt. a fat final warning is in order me thinks.








    ...or you know, could forget past terrible decisions, and try to make the best for this game and leagues going forward, for which we kind of need every player wanting to play

  13. #33
    Sig Inspired By Dreamwin Claushouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,310
    this coming from the guy who spent all of last year spamming me during league matches on aliases in EG while qan kept his thumb firmly up his own butt, spammed forums harassing me with trolling bullshit, threw games in TSL, and then lied about it spending hours crying to Qan claiming he's being framed -- you're a complete fraud.

    qan looked at that behavior and said "promote that man!"

    you're a pile of human garbage, don't ever speak to me about taking the highroad again you trolling piece of shit.
    S18 TWLB Champ
    S19 TWLB Runner-Up
    S20 TWLD/TWLJ/TWLB Champ
    S21 TWLB Runner-Up
    S8/S9/S10 TWDT-D/TWDT-J/TWDT-B Champ
    S11 TWDT-B Runner-Up
    S12 TWDT-B Champ
    S13 TWDT-B Runner-Up
    S14 TWDT-B Champ
    S1/S2 TSLD/TSLJ/TSLB All-Star

  14. #34
    give life, take death qan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    oly, wa
    Posts
    886
    Great to see you again, Oggie.

    It's strange that I don't feel real irony saying that. While you're not the healthiest thing for this community, you certainly do keep it interesting.

  15. #35
    Plade Cap Dreamwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,400
    Tiny my man, i like you but theres no reason to whine here. When you draft a player like Steadman you accept the risk of this happening. You gotta be able to handle the personality, although sometimes it can be impossible task to do. Steadman would have been drafted earlier if he had somewhat normal personality.

    Blaming Steadman for whatever amount of losses is also beyond stupid, every team could have performed better if their absolute top line showed up.
    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

    Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
    The winningest TWDT captain of all time

  16. #36
    Registered User skyforger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by Claushouse View Post
    this coming from the guy who spent all of last year spamming me during league matches on aliases in EG while qan kept his thumb firmly up his own butt, spammed forums harassing me with trolling bullshit, threw games in TSL, and then lied about it spending hours crying to Qan claiming he's being framed -- you're a complete fraud.

    qan looked at that behavior and said "promote that man!"

    you're a pile of human garbage, don't ever speak to me about taking the highroad again you trolling piece of shit.
    Your bs doesn't become true if you repeat it. I'll give you the benefit of doubt, if you really think I'm behind the spam attacks you are/were getting. I have spammed you once after a game and got the disciplinary action according to zone rules for it and I apologize. Never mind that you had already banned me from an entire season before that. I have never done that again and have nothing to do with your spammy EG friends, if they even exist. Swear to spaceship gods. If you need proof for closure, let me know how I can prove it.

    Let's see -

    Ogron's rule - must be banned from everything, ppl must take Ogron's word for it

    After - alleged incidents never happen. I'm actually helping staff out when can. League wise this thread is the 1st official warning thread in a long time, quite telling of what was going on back then

    So again, mistakes were made, we can continue dwell on ancient stuff or move on. Balls in your court, but I prefer the later - in fact hoping to pick you up in Free Agency for some quality bonding time.

  17. #37
    2 good Tiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    900
    I appreciate the concern, but....A) I didn't pick him and wasnt there to stop it B) our top line was there. It was being spammed by Steadman, and when he wasn't spamming he was refusing to play, so your argument or point youre making doesn't make sense. ty for your post though
    Last edited by Tiny; 08-07-2018 at 09:50 AM. Reason: forgot to quote DW
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

    Quote Originally Posted by MHz View Post
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    897
    Oh boy this just got real interesting

  19. #39
    Registered User Omega Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    200
    Well Steadman got a warning already so this seems to be over for now.

    Besides all the side arguments (which are interesting but serve no real point), we'll see next week what happens.

    Stay tuned!

  20. #40
    Cows 4 magic beans! Attacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Red View Post
    Well Steadman got a warning already so this seems to be over for now.

    Besides all the side arguments (which are interesting but serve no real point), we'll see next week what happens.

    Stay tuned!
    Fancy a bum?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •