No announcement yet.

Official Warning: Steadman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps a peaceful resolution that is in the rules of trade, that can benefit Mythril, Steadman, another captain and TWDT as a whole. Lets not be too quick to ban people just yet.
    British> my 18th tomoz $$
    Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

Indeed Major, I also had heard that before they had their meltdown. Before this happened I even approached Mythril to see whether he would interested at all to trade in Steadman or Tiny for my 1st free agency pick. They weren't, dunno why they let it go so far.

Comment

He's a good player and I don't think anyone really get along with him? Maybe Im just more vocal about it. I joined cloth's squad to twd, no relation or communication with Steadman. That being said, I haven't talked to him since I was drafted and had nothing to do with him or this except for the fallout the entire squad dealt with. I guess what im saying is a did not create this situation or make it worse by saying anything to him. He did this all on his own.

Edit: I ony aimed for roiwerk, so u say, cuz hes comparable..
        1:waven> u challenge
        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

This escalated quickly.

Lets settle this with official warn for now: Steadman this is your one and final warning to stop threatening your captain to not play for him. You are expected to show up and play for the team you were drafted to. If you have a feeling that you want to continue behaviour presented in this thread and online by various of your squadmates contacting me, you will be banned for rest of this season. I'm expecting to see Steadman zip it and show up next weekend to support his squad however his captain wants him to, either may that be bench warmer, flip flop warmer or perhaps even in starting lineup as one of his squads best javelins.

Thank you.

Comment

"That being said, I haven't talked to him since I was drafted and had nothing to do with him or this except for the fallout the entire squad dealt with."

You haven't logged on a single time before Sunday so how would you talk to me, Tiny?
            Mythril> when i met ease in 2001 he was a gameboy
            Shaw> it was sad steadman. ppl were saying morph was the best jav and stuff. sad times without you here
            mcvicar> the last time ease spoke to me is when he said fart and then claus said "Fart it is."
            Mythril> stead was wishing covid 14 on ppl back in the day

Jessup> I was beat up by a dwarf once

Comment

To be fair, Steadman warned everyone he was gonna be a nightmare and urged us to ignore him asap. Mythril had prolly no idea stead was in the arena.

ggs yesterday everyone.
              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                Is Steadman banned yet for refusing to play? I know in the past we have had the issue of top drafts refusing to play and trying to force trades etc. From that, I believe we dropped them, banned them, and picked up a equivalent players from FA. Unless this was resolved since last night, which I doubt, because it's Steadman.
                This is priceless. Ban a player because they refuse to play ROFLLLLLLLL. Very immature to run to forums outing him before attempting to have a conversation with him about it. People have their days.. give the guy a break and try to talk to him

Comment

he came in late to the arena for the 2nd twdtd game. the line was already in and had just started. he immediately spammed to be subbed in to everyone on the frequency. he then stated that he will play every league every time or none at all. he then refused to play the rest of the games that day.

youre right, there was alot of room in there to reason with the guy.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                    he came in late to the arena for the 2nd twdtd game. the line was already in and had just started. he immediately spammed to be subbed in to everyone on the frequency. he then stated that he will play every league every time or none at all. he then refused to play the rest of the games that day.

what zeebu said. But yea im crazy....

Originally posted by MHz
                    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Unlimited View Post
                      This is priceless. Ban a player because they refuse to play ROFLLLLLLLL. Very immature to run to forums outing him before attempting to have a conversation with him about it. People have their days.. give the guy a break and try to talk to him
                      Yea i'm the bad guy here. He cost us atleast 2 games.....give him a break....how many breaks must we give? Please enlighten us so we can count how many times until its a big deal enough for you. Someone fucks our week up on purpose, and you expect us to just accept it. Trolls are great.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post

Yeah you're right, that does seem very irrational. I didn't know the specifics. Still think a player shouldn't be banned, though.. trade him if anything.

Comment

Steadman keeps bypassing my ignore using names:

Not Steadman
                          Hellwig
                          Demonking99

Can someone netban him please? Tired of this non-stop harassment. Thix and skyforger have done the same things spamming me mid-game during leagues in the past, and staff continues to be useless on one of the few actual duties they have.

I laughed incredibly hard at skyforger saying "the elaborate rules vys kindly prepared for this season" when you literally just copy pasta'd all my work from the previous season(s). You people do almost nothing, you're only interested in being in charge because you're terrible at this game and need to feel powerful. No standings up on Sunday, you don't write Hot or Nots, no previews, and you ran TSL into the ground within 6 months with horrid changes.

Do one of the few things you're actually supposed to do, and stop letting psychos harass people by bypassing ignore and spamming people during league games to fill their screen with text.

I sent screenshot after screenshot to Qan and others in the past and they did nothing about it months ago. You're complete jokes.

Do your job.
                          top 100 basers list

Comment

Fuck Steadman, ban that faggot for spamming Myth in pms and everyone in freq chat. Good riddance.

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                              Steadman keeps bypassing my ignore using names:

Not Steadman
                              Hellwig
                              Demonking99

Can someone netban him please? Tired of this non-stop harassment. Thix and skyforger have done the same things spamming me mid-game during leagues in the past, and staff continues to be useless on one of the few actual duties they have.

I laughed incredibly hard at skyforger saying "the elaborate rules vys kindly prepared for this season" when you literally just copy pasta'd all my work from the previous season(s). You people do almost nothing, you're only interested in being in charge because you're terrible at this game and need to feel powerful. No standings up on Sunday, you don't write Hot or Nots, no previews, and you ran TSL into the ground within 6 months with horrid changes.

Do one of the few things you're actually supposed to do, and stop letting psychos harass people by bypassing ignore and spamming people during league games to fill their screen with text.

I sent screenshot after screenshot to Qan and others in the past and they did nothing about it months ago. You're complete jokes.

Do your job.
                              I didn't spam you during leagues though you fat ugly bald fuck lol
                              Mythril> when i met ease in 2001 he was a gameboy
                              Shaw> it was sad steadman. ppl were saying morph was the best jav and stuff. sad times without you here
                              mcvicar> the last time ease spoke to me is when he said fart and then claus said "Fart it is."
                              Mythril> stead was wishing covid 14 on ppl back in the day

Jessup> I was beat up by a dwarf once

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post

Do your job.
                                The issue's always been with verifying identity. We have records for players in TW. We don't have records for any outside it. We can work with other zone owners in some situations, though not all. As far as I know, no other zone holds records of players the way TW does.

If someone isn't outright saying, "hello, yes, I am the one who has been spamming you" on their name in TW, it can often be impossible to verify the identity of a cross-zone spammer after the fact.

This is why, as much as you complained, and as much as I explained that we need a way to connect person A to person B, we weren't able to take action in the past. However, if you're being cross-zone spammed and a sysop's currently online, netbanning based on immediate evidence is possible, as there's no need to connect A to B.

But usually very little can be done after the fact. It's an unfortunate problem inherent in our old and dispersed technology. I'm still always willing to look at logs and screenshots and see if there's any information that can be gathered/links can be established between identities. You should also provide logs/screenshots to tucker. Then we can respond according to the ban protocol.

In the meantime, in order to combat cross-zone spam, I recommend doing the following:

1. Using ?namelen=21 and then ?ignore during a death (copypaste from chat window if needed). Do not respond to the name telling them you're ignoring them, as obviously they'll just switch names to continue. Do not respond to anything at all.
                                2. Using ?lines=0
                                3. Using Discord or another VoIP program to coordinate with your team. (Captains, if you'd like to set up a private Discord channel on http://www.trenchwars.org/discord/ that you can moderate and restrict access to, please let me know.)
                                4. Treating people with respect and dignity, and not instead being a pompous, insufferable twit.
                                "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                                -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Working...
                                X