• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT-J Rundown

Power (A+)
    Line: Ease, Zidane, Ro, Tripin, Jessup
    Subs: Vys, Henry Saari

Zidane has put together a stacked but balanced line here, securing Tripin and Ro early for their * value. From the top, Ease & Zid are arguably the most successful jav duo in the modern era. Between them they should comfortably put away 25+ kills each round. Behind them in the 8* position is either Ro or Vys, two players who can play like a 9* on a good day. I probably edge Ro here just because Vys can be solo minded. In the lower stars is Tripin - one of the better/more active 7* in the league. And then Jessup, who I added above Saari, because she loves this ship, and knows how to play passively.

The only minor problems I foresee with this team are 1) Ro not turning up 2) Jessup playing so passively that the higher stars die out before her, and 3) Zidane throwing a hissy fit.

Blind (A)
    Line: 24, Kado, Geio, Ra, Finite
    Subs: Major Crisis, Shaun, Unlimited

I was ready to slap an A- on MC's team until I saw their first week results. They narrowly lost to Power, despite missing their two strongest players, 24 and Kado. MC has done well to build a team around the TWD squad Envy and that will give them resilience and familiarity. 24 is the obvious player to spearhead the team with his aggressive positional plays (when he shows up.) Behind him: Kado and Geio... two players who are not feared by high iQ javs, but who understand how to team and vulch. Ra and Finite, in the lower stars, are both experienced multi-zoners and mean the team have no obvious weaknesses. With plenty of options on the bench, I can see Blind reaching the latter stages of TWDT-J.

The only problems I foresee are, again, the activity of their top stars. And possibly finite's lag.

Terrorist (A)
    Line: Dreamwin, Commodo, Maketso, Zizu, wbm
    Subs: Hellkite, Dezmond, olde

Dreamwin has picked a choice team of North European javs, loosely based on his previous squad Dudgeon. Dreamwin and Commodo (me) will be the driving force behind Terrorist. However, Maketso (a great value 8*) has put in some big scores and doesn't appear at all rusty, despite a lengthy hiatus. This trio, if on form, will cut through most teams. The lower stars could be more exploitable (with no natural 6*.) However, Zizu and Dezmond were the last javs standing in our second match, so perhaps this fear is misplaced.

The problems I foresee for our team are: fluctuations in form from any of the top three players, and our inability to add depth during the Free Agency. Hellkite has also failed to say a single word on chat.

Nasty (B+)
    Line: Turban, Racka, Trasher, Broken Fist, Myollnir
    Subs: Singer, Mean Gene, Wirah, Mario

RaCka has picked a very laggy and threatening jav-line this year - if a little over-loaded in 8*s. If Turban shows, then they could be easily ranked an 'A', but this remains to be seen. If Turban fails to show then it will be up to RaCka to lead the charge - which he has never done in this ship, despite recent gains. Trasher, Mean Gene and Singer are all careful javs, who don't concede many easy deaths and can provide real stability as well as an above average kill rate. Moreover, Broken Fist boasts some impressive third world lag and will be an awkward 7*. They also have many options in 6*, including an alias 'Mario' who looked suspiciously good in elim. I can definitely see this team causing some upsets.

Nasty's strength is their depth, but that may also be a weakness, fostering resentment by players who are forced to the bench.

Legio XI (B-)
    Line: Tiny, Steadman, Jamal, omega red, beam
    Subs: Mythril, M_M God, Jones, rodney

I have to say I think Mythril has made some mistakes with his jav line. His 2nd pick, Steadman, is already leading his team to despair through his toxic personality. Although he has been playing decently. Tiny is their most experienced jav and should do pretty well individually. Jamal & Myth, at 8*, are also both adept pilots - but jav is not their preferred ship, putting them at a disadvantage to the Roes and Maketsoes in the league. Beam is probably one of the best 6* - which could be the difference in tight matches. Another good thing about Legio is their hoarding of all the best 7*s (omega, M_M, Jones, Rasaq) who are in short supply, so they may be able to trade upward.

Overall I think Legio lack top tier talent. Their best, Tiny, may be isolated.

Curse (C-)
    Line:Havok, Spawnisen, Zizzo, Ricko, Yojimbo
    Subs:cripple, skyforger, Deadsorcerer, Oder

Jav seems to have been an afterthought in Skyforger's draft. Even if Havok and Spawnisen were completely active - and that's a big IF - I doubt they would be playing at their former levels. The other problem is that these javs come from disparate squads. Havok - dice, Zizzo - Dudgeon, Ricko -Cobra. They therefore have the added hurdle of creating chemistry, whereas nearly every other team have known combinations of players. Zizzo and Ricko may put up some resistance as they are both "good faith" competitors, and cripple is a handy step in/motivator,but really I don't see Curse winning many games.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

this
    review
    is great

Comment

Yeah, I have no idea why some of the text went purple.

Comment

How about the black text on a black background...

Comment

Thanks for this rab, I must admitt I was looking through this like a crossword and looking for a "trade me"
          But its great the amount of people doing hots this year
          British> my 18th tomoz $$
          Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

Great write up A+.

Zid team is the favorite. DW team can upset big. Blind looks like it can be finalist if their guys show.

When will 24 and Kado be back from their honeymoon?

If Myth had Steadman we could do some damage (maybe) but not at the moment. In a league where the 6*s get brutally hunted out beam is the probably the most experienced.

Maketso is always inactive and he always plays good, in all 3 leagues.

Who's Mario?

Someone can pick up Roiwerk or Best and will easily move up a grade this year. Hopefully more top tier players sign up

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Red View Post
              Great write up A+.

Zid team is the favorite. DW team can upset big. Blind looks like it can be finalist if their guys show.

When will 24 and Kado be back from their honeymoon?

If Myth had Steadman we could do some damage (maybe) but not at the moment. In a league where the 6*s get brutally hunted out beam is the probably the most experienced.

Maketso is always inactive and he always plays good, in all 3 leagues.

Who's Mario?

Someone can pick up Roiwerk or Best and will easily move up a grade this year. Hopefully more top tier players sign up

Myth's team definately will get a boost from FA. He will most likely get either Best or Roiwerk. U will have a nice line then.
              But yea.. Kinda sucks that only 3 top tier players signed up so zidane and me will have a 'worthless' FA pick compared to the others.
              Major Crisis

Comment

So recruit some better players to the FA?

Comment

Nice write up. Good read

Comment

Great read
                    sigpic

Comment

Good writeup, thanks
                      top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                      X