Edit: Editing this post to include links to the latest docs -Wirah
    Last edited by Wirah; 09-03-2018, 09:39 AM. Reason: include updated links
    Major Crisis

Thank you for the statistics kind sir

Comment

Ro might love this game more than me

Comment

Great work on the stats.

If I could make a suggestion, could you add Kills + Plus-Minus and order them that way for a Scoring Race?

You can see what I mean here: http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...-D-Final-Stats

I find it gives a really nice balance of production and efficiency. Most players I've spoken to about it also really like that method of sorting.
        top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
          Great work on the stats.

If I could make a suggestion, could you add Kills + Plus-Minus and order them that way for a Scoring Race?

You can see what I mean here: http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...-D-Final-Stats

I find it gives a really nice balance of production and efficiency. Most players I've spoken to about it also really like that method of sorting.
          Oh, your gamescore has always just been Kills + plus minus?
          What about the stats for overall leagues, you had wb+jav+base in one.
          Major Crisis

Comment

Great work on the stats.

Yup, this.
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Crisis View Post
              Oh, your gamescore has always just been Kills + plus minus?
              What about the stats for overall leagues, you had wb+jav+base in one.
              Yup, GameScore has always been just Kills + Plus-Minus in Jav and WB. For Spider and base, I used more complex formulas.

For the overall combined scores, I think I took the GameScore and converted the highest score to 100. So if Iron Survivor led WB with 129 Gamescore, I'd do 129 x 0.78 = 100, then I'd do everyone elses scores multiplied by 0.78 in excel or google docs.

That way the top score in all three leagues is 100, and they fit nicely together on a 3-league stats sheet.

So like Iron would have 100 (WB), 82 (Jav), 30 (Base), and Turban would have like 92 (WB), 100 (Jav), 99 (Base), then I'd just sum all three to create an overall TWDT Overall stat from that, and sort highest to lowest.

I may have bellcurved them into A to F grades in a few seasons, too. You can probably find a bunch in previous seasons. Pretty sure I did them 2016 (Fall).
              top 100 basers list

Comment

I may have bellcurved them into A to F grades in a few seasons, too.
                That sounds a bit racist.
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Here you go, stats updated with Gamescore.
                  TWDT-J
                  TWDT-B spiders

I will do Warbirds later today.

Still working on the Terr/Shark stats. I did some terr but they seemed off to me.

Edit:

TWDT-D
                  Last edited by Major Crisis; 08-14-2018, 12:54 PM.
                  Major Crisis

Comment

get fkd fgt ease
                    Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Crisis View Post
                      Here you go, stats updated with Gamescore.
                      TWDT-J
                      TWDT-B spiders

I will do Warbirds later today.

Still working on the Terr/Shark stats. I did some terr but they seemed off to me.

Edit:

TWDT-D

All stats have been updated. TWDT-B spiders link also has a tab with terr and shark ranks.
                      Major Crisis

Comment

Thank you Major Crisis, gg beam for being a better warbird than Ease also lol at Jessup>Ogron>thix in terrier, stats don't lie.

Comment

renamed this thread to STATISTICS​ and made it sticky
                          Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

Question about stats -> how do you actually calculate correctly if a player switches ship (spid to terr for example)? Does that shipchange show in the scorebox? How do you identify the k/d for just their time as spider??
                            Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wirah View Post
                              Question about stats -> how do you actually calculate correctly if a player switches ship (spid to terr for example)? Does that shipchange show in the scorebox? How do you identify the k/d for just their time as spider??
                              The scoreboxes show stats for the entire game, so aren't sensitive to ship changes, so any ship-specific stats might be wrong. The ship-specific stats are stored in the database, for example you can get the number of shark deaths only to calculate RPD, but it requires work to access the database and do the calculation, and there are bugs like reps counting twice so you have to do rpd/2.

ps. to see this in action, ftp to tw.org grab /tsl/inc_func.php and see the top 3 functions
                              Last edited by Rab; 08-26-2018, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X