This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started work on the Players page.

It's only TWDTD so far and there's an issue with the sorting (players with 0 games played should show underneath the rest)

More soon

Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

The info from the teams and players pages are always needed together.
      - the players page needs team name
      - the players page needs rating d/j/b/total
      - the teams page needs gp/k/d

imagine you're trying to find the best 7* wb to field, you want to look at the ratings, but also the performance, and only people on your team...

Consider merging the pages before you get too deep into it.
      e.g.
      - put the team name and star ratings on the players page
      - add a filter for team

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
        The info from the teams and players pages are always needed together.
        - the players page needs team name
        - the players page needs rating d/j/b/total
        - the teams page needs gp/k/d

imagine you're trying to find the best 7* wb to field, you want to look at the ratings, but also the performance, and only people on your team...

Consider merging the pages before you get too deep into it.
        e.g.
        - put the team name and star ratings on the players page
        - add a filter for team
        Heya, this all makes sense to me. Really good points and I agree with it. Going to have a think about that tomorrow

Comment

One thing a teams page could do which is unique is show all the teams side-by-side, like the spreadsheet does, allowing for basic comparison. Might not be worth building tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
            One thing a teams page could do which is unique is show all the teams side-by-side, like the spreadsheet does, allowing for basic comparison. Might not be worth building tho.
            I think this is best.

TEAMS Page
            Mimic the spreadsheet. 6 columns. Maybe allow some sorting too. You're right, this page needs to actually serve a purpose to the captains and hosts who are looking for specific things.

PLAYERS Page
            At the moment lets merge Players and Stats into one page, one big table with all the data and sortable headings.
            In the future maybe we have a standalone stats page/table and Players is a simple list of names that click though to a dedicated Player detail page (individual stats, lists of matches played etc)

Thx for the feedback.

I'm going to add the TWDTJ and TWDTB tabs on the Players page and input all the data first, then I'll start refactoring

Comment

Yea would be good if can click on a player name and have information about them each particular Season. So far it is smashing, nice work.
              TWDT Power Squadron Triple Crown Win 2018 Season. Base, Javelin and Warbird Medals.
              TWDTB Season 15 Trench Wars Draft Basing: TWDTB Champion & Medal
              TSLB All-Star Season 2: Medal 1 Win-Baser in 2 or 4 to 10 Zones('Grab the Flag')&Paladen Best Old Squad 50 Members-former whiterabbits squad, fan and member: Invincible
              ~Babylon 5 spider insider.sigpic former No Surrender and No Surrender II,loyal to Anti-Scrub~ Kongregate Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Soldier13 View Post
                Yea would be good if can click on a player name and have information about them each particular Season. So far it is smashing, nice work.
                That would be awesome. Has to happen!

Comment

Played a game as a Shark with the name Invincible. Should be listed in the Shark Section Rating Area.
                  TWDT Power Squadron Triple Crown Win 2018 Season. Base, Javelin and Warbird Medals.
                  TSLB All-Star Season 2: Medal 1 Win-Baser in 2 or 4 to 10 Zones('Grab the Flag')&Paladen Best Old Squad 50 Members-former whiterabbits squad, fan and member: Invincible
                  ~Babylon 5 spider insider.sigpic former No Surrender and No Surrender II,loyal to Anti-Scrub~ Kongregate Champion!

Comment

Might not be update yet, oh well can see the name on the list now so whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Soldier13 View Post
                      Might not be update yet, oh well can see the name on the list now so whatever.
                      I was inserting the shark data right as you posted that :O

Week 4 stats are up to date now. Time to clean up a few things

Comment

The TEAMS page now resembles the spreadsheet. All teams, all players.

Sorting next.

Comment

The Teams page now supports sorting

Comment

This is so good. Massive upgrade over having to sift through the forums for ratings/schedule etc. Also, probably the cleanest and most aesthetic design of any of the tw websites. Not sure if everyone realizes we'd have had to pay a good chunk of cash for the work you've been throwing together here on the fly. Either way, I use the site for everything TWDT related, so thanks man. I also think it's done a lot to further legitimize TWDT as the new 'premier' league of TW.

Having scoreboxes attached to the played games would be great as another addition. But seriously, you run this game. Calendar, email updates and now the TWDT website. We appreciate the work you've done.
                            PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
                            ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

Mythril $$ I've got some free time at the moment while I wait to move house so putting it to good use.

I'll get scoreboxes working soon.

Some updates to the Players & Stats page:

* Added sort options to the top of the page, similar to Teams.
                              * Added star ratings to the table
                              * Added team name to the table
                              * Removed sortable/clickable headings. I'll get this back in next.

Comment

Great work, if I'm being honest I never really cared about "finding all the info in one place" however for those more involved I'm sure it's really useful. Personally I am impressed more with the look of the site, and that someone would take the time to put together something for the community.

Now I'm not just here to rub your balls - I have a CRAZY suggestion that is just that, a suggestion. Make no doubt about it TWDT brings the largest amount of concurrent users to the zone. It should have its own section with all the effort you've put in, and more, to be very certain. However maybe your own javelin scores can attest: sometimes the most brilliant players can't be found in TWDT. There's more to life than competition and while I wouldn't want to take anything away from people who pursue this path, at the end of the day even pro players want to have some fun. I often go into Pub with the mindset that the winner is whoever had the most fun and if I can put a smile on someone's face or a wrinkle in someone's brain it's a win for me. Not always but often.

Anyway I have an idea where you could somehow integrate Pub onto your site in a much more involved way than you currently have with TWDT. A lot of the TWDT content is statistical, clerical, etc. on account of games being played one day every week. With maybe some videos in the future that could add a fun factor. Surely you could get more creative content with a 24/7 arena. Could you do heat maps of kills/deaths by player? Could you do live updates that show score and time? Could you implement a feature like achievements/stats, most killed, least killed, etc? Since the data is only one way (grab from the bots or what have you) and not returning wouldn't that be quite doable? There's a lot of potential if these things COULD be done for other, more engaging features that promote the fun side of the game. Just a suggestion, great website looks snazzy unfortunately it's not a lot of use to me, a player rated 6 stars across the board as well as others in a similarly high brain lag environment. If it was never meant for someone like me, cool, great job anyway, I wish I had the skill to do this. It's just a suggestion and I'm not trying to make you a slave, I will offer ideas and help along the way if you do choose to implement this idea and help in any way I could. I'm sure others could get on the "crazy cool Pub site" train as well. What do you think? Too much on your plate or possible someday?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X