This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEBSITE - TWDT.TRENCHWARS.COM

Happy to announce a small website for TWDT 2018.

http://twdt.trenchwars.com (note it's .COM, we don't have access to .org DNS, but I've added a redirect at trenchwars.org/twdt used by the tw.org header)

Use https://twdt-prod.firebaseapp.com if the link above doesnt work. I've only just this minute setup the DNS so it might take a while to propagate.

I only started work on this a couple of weeks ago when the season started so it's partly unfinished, but I've made a good bit of a progress since Week 1.
    Some of the essentials are in and I'll add the rest over the coming days. Unfortunately it's not too pretty on mobile just yet. I'll get to that.

Here's a rundown of what you'll see:

MATCHES (Done)
    Lists of all past and upcoming matches for easy access, separated by week.
    All dates/times are listed in your current timezone and there's a handy relative time component that will tell you exactly how long until the games begin. (ie. Starts in 15 minutes).
    Completed games highlight the winning team and display the scores.
    Playoff matches where the teams are undecided are setup as placeholders.
    Eventually this page will allow you to click through and view the scoreboxes, but that is something for later.

STANDINGS (Done)
    Lists the current standings and is also separated by week so you can see how things evolved over the course of the regular season.

TEAMS (Coming next)
    This will list the current teams and allow a couple of different ways to sort the data. It's probably one of the most important pages so I'll work on getting this done next.
    It's annoying to track down spreadsheets and hunt through forum posts for information so hopefully this helps.
    You will be able to sort the teams by 1) pick order and 2) star ratings.

PLAYERS (Coming soon)
    This page serves as a list of players and their ratings. Once I'm storing scoreboxes in the database we'll also be able to show some interesting stats hopefully.
    You will be able to sort by the table headings.

FORUMS
    This is just an external link to the TWDT forums.

Ideas for other pages. Please give your own feedback too. Happy to hear it.

CHAMPIONS
    This will be a page dedicated to the winners of the tournament. Once the whole thing is over the Champions page will serve as the homepage.

AWARDS
    I like the idea of offering awards at the end of the tournament. Inspired by things like the Golden Boot (most goals) during the World Cup, Golden Ball (best player voted by a committee), Golden Glove etc.
    We could honor most kills or something. Interested in ideas here.

HISTORY
    I was thinking rather than a dedicated history page we could have a dropdown at the top of the page letting you select various TWDT seasons and see the site in that context, complete with a different stylesheet matching the 'theme'. Could be fun, but it's a big job to input all that data, if the data is even available.
    I'll probably just make a History page for starters and will see if Ogron has previous season data. Would be cool to have all of this stuff preserved.

STAFF
    It's a good idea to give credit to the league coordinators and hosts. Not sure if we can get all this info for previous seasons, it'll probably have to come from memory, but I'll add a page for 2018.

I hope people enjoy using the site and it can serve as a long-lasting reference. It will continue to improve as the season progresses.
    The whole thing is designed to be reused for future seasons and parts of this can be repurposed to suit whichever leagues come next.

Please give some feedback/suggestions.
    Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

looks great gj

Comment

Good job, looks cool.
      TWDT Power Squadron Triple Crown Win 2018 Season. Base, Javelin and Warbird Medals.
      TWDTB Season 15 Trench Wars Draft Basing: TWDTB Champion & Medal
      TSLB All-Star Season 2: Medal 1 Win-Baser in 2 or 4 to 10 Zones('Grab the Flag')&Paladen Best Old Squad 50 Members-former whiterabbits squad, fan and member: Invincible
      ~Babylon 5 spider insider.sigpic former No Surrender and No Surrender II,loyal to Anti-Scrub~ Kongregate Champion!

Comment

+100 good work wirah!
        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Week 3 match scores and standings are updated.

Comment

The site now supports VOID games.

and the replay has been added to next weekend's matches

Comment

Nice
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

great job wirah

Comment

Started work on the /teams page. These will click through to a detail page with players and ratings.

Comment

What is the animation character would wish to know of the Power squadron Avatar?
                    TWDT Power Squadron Triple Crown Win 2018 Season. Base, Javelin and Warbird Medals.
                    TWDTB Season 15 Trench Wars Draft Basing: TWDTB Champion & Medal
                    TSLB All-Star Season 2: Medal 1 Win-Baser in 2 or 4 to 10 Zones('Grab the Flag')&Paladen Best Old Squad 50 Members-former whiterabbits squad, fan and member: Invincible
                    ~Babylon 5 spider insider.sigpic former No Surrender and No Surrender II,loyal to Anti-Scrub~ Kongregate Champion!

Comment

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor_Zurg

Comment

Teams now have a detail page:

https://twdt.trenchwars.com/teams/power
                        https://twdt.trenchwars.com/teams/blind
                        https://twdt.trenchwars.com/teams/terrorist
                        https://twdt.trenchwars.com/teams/nasty
                        https://twdt.trenchwars.com/teams/legio-xi
                        https://twdt.trenchwars.com/teams/curse

Right now players are listed in alphabetical order (useless). Today I'll sort them by pick order initially and support sorting by clicking the various star rating headings.

I also need to double check that all star ratings match the spreadsheet.

Comment

Nice work, as usual.

I was going to say that being able to click a column heading to sort all of the columns would be great. I'm actually fine with alphabetical order as the default. Sorting by overall star value is a proxy for pick order, if you can't be bothered to add a pick number for everyone.

Caps should have (C) after their name.

It would be nice to show medals (type=twdt only) next to player names.

It would be nice to have some more stats, e.g. Games Played, Wins, Losses. e.g. http://twd.trenchwars.org/squads/12812/rosterstats
                          But I realise you probably haven't input the stats and don't want to - but if it's like TSL they'll be saved in the database somewhere.

Comment

You can now sort the players by various star ratings. Hopefully this is helpful for captains and hosts during lineups.

Total star rating is the default sort order.

Originally posted by Rab
                            Caps should have (C) after their name.

I think I'll do this next. I'll add something to indicate a Captain. Maybe it's worth having a little 'FA' next to the Free Agent picks too, just for fun.

Originally posted by Rab
                            Originally posted by Rab
                            It would be nice to show medals (type=twdt only) next to player names.

I think that should be possible. Will look into it towards the end.

Originally posted by Rab
                            Originally posted by Rab
                            It would be nice to have some more stats, e.g. Games Played, Wins, Losses.

Hoping to get this kind of thing on the Players tab, which comes next!

Edit: QUOTE tags seem to be buggered when you include more than one. Damn vBulletin.

Comment

Only a minor update today. CAP and FA tags are now live.

Comment

Working...
                              X