Week 3 Basing Recap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 3 Basing Recap

Thanks to everyone who read and commented on the last threads! Here's another one.

Nasty
    0-2
    Terrier thix was missed when Nasty struggled in competition this week. Turban showed though. We've heard him claim to have a 5-10% showrate, but personally I think that's the amount of alcohol in his system when he makes those claims. Turban must have also passed the bottle to his captain, because he put two top spiders Trasher and turban both in shark. Well, you can try anything I guess. Player BrokenFist was pulling great scores last week, but reverted to mediocrity for now. Cyclone went positive in one game (44-31), good job for a 5-star! I wonder if RaCka's absence last week in TWDT has affected this team in any way. Missing a week of chemistry building and leadership could be harmful, coupled with the fact that Nasty's basing line is quite thin. They have some good players like WAR (shark) and Captain Lonestar (spider) in their roster that haven't shown, where are they?

Blind
    2-0
    A gigantic change occured this week in Blind. Apparently the sole addition of Gamma88 to the roster was enough to catapult this team to the top. Their game against relatively stacked Legio XI was close, 15:00-14:42, and fought down to the wire, but in the end it was Blind who prevailed. How can a team make this huge of a turnaround? Maybe Lord Sulla was watching from spectator mode sharing his elite level strategies, we will never know..

Power
    1-1
    Power ran through the gauntlet and in the first five games of the tournament, defeated all of the other teams in basing. Kudos! It was, however, after their fifth game that the streak ended. Terrorist was the one to hand Power their first loss, in a game that was not that closely fought (15:00 – 6:03). Did they run out of steam? It seems unlikely, now that we are greenlighted and all, that Power would ever run out of Steam. Hmm. Power also seems to be testing spiders for their 6-star slot, using Lews Therin and Lockdown this week. There's a lot of options available, Sawyer for example could be really good. And then there's Glyde, who now I guess is vindicated as the only Power spider left to go positive and win in all of his games. :-)

Curse
    0-2
    Well if nothing else this team lives up to it's name – they are truly cursed. Flew came in hot this sunday and gave the team a boost, when they played in a pair of competitive games. No victories though. I still want to see first pick for his team, cripple, and first overall pick in free agency Best battle together. Tell me that wouldn't work. Make it happen guys.

Terrorist
    2-0
    Terrorist bounced back from last week's losses. Among their opponents this week was previously undefeated and long-time TWDT rival Power. I haven't got much to say here, but way to not let a loss affect you!

Legio XI
    1-1
    Legio XI did get one win in this week and the other game was extremely close (15:00 – 14:42 against Blind). It's not a shabby result but I still wonder why they didn't do any better. Their win against Curse was close (15:00 – 12:53) whereas last time it was a blow-out (15:00 – 2:23). Legio also had a free agency pick in play this week, while Curse didn't. On paper they should have done better. I'm looking at the Legio roster and there's a lot of volatile personalities on there. Probably most of any of the teams. Perhaps they needed to fine-tune the team's chemistry this week and manage personalities. Either that or they were simply too devastated to play well when tj hazuki didn't show.

HOT Team of the Week: Blind. I feel like I could give any player on this team a HOT. Good job!

NOT Team of the Week: Nasty. The basing line of this team is about as thin as the clothes we use in Finland when it's finally warm that one time of the year. Not all people should be stripped of clothes, though, as the result can sometimes be.. Nasty.

HOT Players of the Week:
    Gamma88. I'm not sure exactly what you did to your team but it's impressive.
    MaiTo_cHi. 7-star player (in Blind's roster that's half of the players but whatever) and the kill leader for his team in both games!
    gilder, Commodo, Cornflux. I'm going to estimate that these players deserve credit for firing up Terrorist this week, and for eviscerating their enemies to embers. Gilder pushed a lot and Cornflux & Commodo are doing a top shark job.

Thank you for continuing comrade. Terrorist DTB 2018 bismillah, check DTB 2018 official anthem here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyNwc7StY_U#t=3m33s

Comment

Love your humor, tyty

Comment

dunno how we lost our base game. Can we appeal? thx for doing this

Comment

Originally posted by roro View Post
          dunno how we lost our base game. Can we appeal? thx for doing this
          APPEAL APPROVED let's go

Comment

Both Gamma and 24 here helped a lot.. First week we were missing markmrw as well so yea I never had to play with all my highstars, ofcourse that hits you hard.
            Major Crisis

Comment

Gamma88 is a thoroughbred champion and his impact was immediate. Curse on the other hand fielded their best line up I've seen so far it just sucks that they can't get Ws. If their guys would show consistently, they'd won a few more games.

Envy has a good mix of players who can play multiple leagues and can also hang in basing, props

Comment

Working...
              X