Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community Vote - Appeal TWDT-J Terrorist vs Blind

Greetings everyone,

As some of you know, there was a contversial appeal approved and some of us are still unsure how staff members Henry and Vys were able to find sufficient evidence to support it. It's nearly impossible to replicate, it was explained by our sole developer that the bot was indeed working and that the suspected player did not receive a +1 life. Despite all of this, they were still somehow able to garnish enough meat off the bone to justify the ruling Vys made, which was taken from a vote from a small group of individuals in a very short period of time without proper investigation or barely enough facts enough to prove one way another.

What is my point? Instead of allowing 2-3 staff members hiding on messenger apps outside of TWD making season changing decisions, I felt, should it not be the community who's vote should count the most? Are not staff only staff because of us? Do we still have a voice in this game? Supposedly we do, but all I have seen in the last couple years contradicts just that. Please, take a seat. Be honest here, if you felt the choice was right, speak up. If you felt it wasn't again, speak up.

This is as much as our game as staff members and our opinions should count as much as theirs. I can't promise that what is polled here will change anything however, if nothing else, it can generate some attention at glaring issues we have with staff currently that I'd like to bring to light. Thanks for your time, your thoughts and your vote.

Rather than giving this poll less than 30 minutes for voting to commence, I've made this public to everyone and I gave it a full 24 hours to be voted on.

-IxaDor/Grasps

PS: Did you miss out on all what happened last weekend? You can view the original post for appeal and it's approval here http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...orist-vs-Blind

Also, my apologies for any and all typo's. I was up all night playing Dead Cells and watching Formula 1 racing.
    Leave it as the verdict stands; Henry and Vys are right in granting the appeal.
    12.50%
    This appeal should be reversed as there is no solid evidence as to what happened.
    25.00%
    I just like Jar Jar Binks and have no idea how I stumbled on this post.
    62.50%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by LucifersWarcraft; 08-24-2018, 04:52 PM. Reason: never polled before
    Voted Trench War's "Rookie of the Year" - 2007-2008
    Prodigy of Attack's Since - 2017
    Co-Owner of Trench War's Most Loved Squad - Lethal Dose - 2007-2013
    Iron Survivor Sympathizer (for being poor) - 2010 - 2018
    Massive Swagger - Cracking it harder than Eggs - 2018
    Shooting Wiibimbo up like a Movie Since - 2010
    Raspi's Biggest Fan - 2004 - 2018
    Denied from joining Paladen for his name - 2007

Not that it matters much but for sake of not witch-hunting the staff mentioned in the OP, I will say that I also initially voted to grant the appeal, for example. Later we revisited the appeal again, because the math zidane provided had not been considered. Henry, for example, was vocal to reverse the ruling.

The initiative is good, the community should be involved and there should be more transparency. Not so sure if this is the best way to resolve this. Someone devoted enough can make x forum accounts, while most players with forum accounts not on either team probably don't care to study the details of this or even vote. Of course, the way it is done now is not ideal either to put it mildly. Having some sort of league caps council make decisions or setting up a TWDTVoteBot only registered players can use would be some options.

Comment

Yo sky,

When I created the poll, I clicked some icon that said pollers names would be added? I'd assume if at the end, we find a bunch of JarJarBinks01a like names, we could write those off. Is this the best way to get an accurate public opinion? Of course not. But at least it's public, it's indiscriminate and was created with the best intentions of fairness for everyone.

Staff has been making a lot of choices from arena changes, leagues, rules, ect. based off the ideas/opinions of a small body of individuals, within their own controlled group (staff), largely ignoring the general consensus of the player base. I doubt this will even be taken seriously because I am seen as "irrelevant" but I figured since no one else is going to try to rally support challenge the verdict, I might as well. Plus, if it gets people paying more attention to those in control of their game, there is nothing to lose.

Frankly, I am rather unhappy with the monster the staff embodiment has become, eerily reminiscent to the "TWD Council" of old which heavily tarnished this game. There is an alarming amount of similarities to how staff was ran and acted back then and currently. My aim is to curve the trend and salvage what dignity staff has left before it implodes. Cheers.

-IxaDor/Grasps
      Last edited by LucifersWarcraft; 08-24-2018, 04:51 PM.

Comment

I vote ban ixador.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
          I vote ban ixador.
          Coming from you is deep bro. Why don't you go find another arena that doesn't have proper 1280x1980 resolution support in 2018 or complain about how this forum needs a black background for your insect eye's that haven't seen the sun since the mid 90's which burn when near soft lights?

Comment

Originally posted by LucifersWarcraft View Post
            Yo sky,

When I created the poll, I clicked some icon that said pollers names would be added? I'd assume if at the end, we find a bunch of JarJarBinks01a like names, we could write those off. Is this the best way to get an accurate public opinion? Of course not. But at least it's public, it's indiscriminate and was created with the best intentions of fairness for everyone.

Staff has been making a lot of choices from arena changes, leagues, rules, ect. based off the ideas/opinions of a small body of individuals, within their own group (staff), largely ignoring the general consensus of the player base. I doubt this will even be taken seriously because I am seen as "irrelevant" but I figured since no one else is going to rally support challenge the verdict, I might as well. Plus, if it gets people paying more attention to those in control of their game, there is nothing to lose.

Frankly, I am rather unhappy with the monster the staff embodiment has become, eerily reminiscent to the "TWD Council" of old which heavily tarnished this game. There is an alarming amount of similarities to how staff was ran and acted back then and currently. My aim is to curve the trend and salvage what dignity staff has left before it implodes. Cheers.

-IxaDor/Grasps
            Good thinking with the visible voters names! Probably going forward would need some ground rules, like whether or not we want votes from the implicated parties (in this case the two involved squads), etc. Important thing is in general you have a point and the execution might actually work.

Comment

Originally posted by skyforger View Post
              Good thinking with the visible voters names! Probably going forward would need some ground rules, like whether or not we want votes from the implicated parties (in this case the two involved squads), etc. Important thing is in general you have a point and the execution might actually work.
              Thanks Sky. Yeah for now, voting should be up to everyone. I'll enjoy seeing all the Jar Jar fans afterwards too, won't lie about that. I don't see any reason to exclude staff with this poll, in fact, to my knowledge most of the staff that could of voted were not even given a chance because the vote had went up and closed so quickly. This gives those guys a voice here too that might of gone unheard.

Of course, depending on whether real democracy will take root or not, we'd have to tailor some votes to keep them appropriate to the subject matter and the roles some parties might play to keep things clean and precise in the future. Cheers.

-IxaDor/Grasps

Comment

No reason to think the vote outcome would be respected. So it's utterly pointless. Just like ixador.

Comment

Pretty stupid to put this to a public opinion poll. I guarantee you will not have a unanimous vote one way or another. If you're just looking for vindication that you made the right move, then maybe think rationally and objectively before making your decisions and make sure that it sets a precedent for any future related incidents such as this.
                  ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                  Failure teaches success.
                  . â–²
                  ▲ ▲

Comment

The league ops didn't make this poll Kim. We have made our final decision on the appeal.
                    Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Originally posted by Vys View Post
                      The league ops didn't make this poll Kim. We have made our final decision on the appeal.
                      And with that you have proven to be utterly idiotic. Good luck in life.
                      Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                      Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                      Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                      Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                      Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                      Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                      Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Thought about this poll thing some more. The community polls can make sense in some situations. Like an league appeal case makes sense in theory, provided there is ground rules to how it works.

Most planning decisions made on WA are compromises of some kind. That has both a good side and a bad side. The good is that nothing too outrageous usually sees daylight (but not always the case anymore), the bad is that nobody is really passionate for a compromise solution and thus the actual work to implement it can suffer. Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one, but you need somebody dedicated enough to do the actual work. Be it rule writing, spreadsheet work, draft hosting, finding captains, scheduling, presentation etc. etc. What I am trying to say is that switching to complete community rule might make this more problematic if nobody is in charge and motivated. ...Or not maybe indeed gets more people involved to do the actual work, I wouldn't put my 2c on it though.

Comment

Hopefully this decision doesn't cause a mass exodus like the fierce/thunder decision. That was fucked. They netban the guy, but decide not to award the appeal. It's bad enough to get banned but not replayed. Either it's unbannable and denied or bannable and approved. I WANT CLOSURE. ADMIT THE FIERCE APPEAL SHOULD HAVE BEEN APPROVED. Then I can rest easy. Thanks
                          1:waven> u challenge
                          1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                          Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Sad conclusion, but let's remember Blind is not to blame, they were disturbed and made an appeal, that's all.

Oh, and no, jew, a 5 retards assembly will never be as good as 1 smart man dictatorship. But that's the only way for you to have some power in leagues.

Comment

voting is stupid as hell but the main issue is that the league committee responsible for making these decisions is too inexperienced. next season try to grab a few people that have played a league before in their lives instead of giving henry saari and skyforger authority
                              Last edited by beam; 08-26-2018, 12:06 AM.
                              Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Working...
                              X