TWDT WEEK 5 PREVIEW & HYPE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT WEEK 5 PREVIEW & HYPE

Sup everyone. I took a few minutes today to throw together a video for you guys for the upcoming Week 5 games. If you like it, be sure to let me know so you can get more content similar to this in the future. It took me 4 hours to upload this with my shitty net, so it's a little time consuming.

Also, I am trying to get a hold of some of the captains ie. Zidane, Attacks, Racka, to meet with me on Discord to shoot the shit, talk about this years TWDT and all that for you all. If I can manage something, expect another video to pop up here soon.

Lastly, help me out in trying to get TWD season 2/cup/whatever going by sending a message to Qan or Henry Sowwy to reset them ladders, remove activity bonus's and make a simple yet fun season/cup conclusion like an "all star" match or something. Currently the twd website looks like dogshite and with TWDT nearing a close, we will lose a lot of potential players. Thanks everyone. Cheers!

-Ixa/Grasps

Voted Trench War's "Rookie of the Year" - 2007-2008
    Prodigy of Attack's Since - 2017
    Co-Owner of Trench War's Most Loved Squad - Lethal Dose - 2007-2013
    Iron Survivor Sympathizer (for being poor) - 2010 - 2018
    Massive Swagger - Cracking it harder than Eggs - 2018
    Shooting Wiibimbo up like a Movie Since - 2010
    Raspi's Biggest Fan - 2004 - 2018
    Denied from joining Paladen for his name - 2007

Yeah way, nice presentation dude. Power is ahead of itself. The exciting matches are similar levels as usual but yea lower squads might unseat higher squads if those are not careful with their game. Not bad, hope as usual there is something positive to go with at those finishes. A division reset might blank out the populace from what am noticing, or they might just reform and go from there as before. Interesting game on these days ahead.

Thanks a bunch manno. Lots of 'fiya'.
    TWDT Power Squadron Triple Crown Win 2018 Season. Base, Javelin and Warbird Medals.
    TWDTB Season 15 Trench Wars Draft Basing: TWDTB Champion & Medal
    TSLB All-Star Season 2: Medal 1 Win-Baser in 2 or 4 to 10 Zones('Grab the Flag')&Paladen Best Old Squad 50 Members-former whiterabbits squad, fan and member: Invincible
    ~Babylon 5 spider insider.sigpic former No Surrender and No Surrender II,loyal to Anti-Scrub~ Kongregate Champion!

Comment

That was fun. Stuff like this inspires me in this old game. Thanks for doing this. Great job ixa. Didn't know you were grasps either. Why you aiming so good in that name :P You ownd me the other night. I like this name grasps a lot too.. keep it.. it is leet. Do more of these!! You and claus are good at this commentary stuff.

I agree TWD should be addressed. I was under the impression originally that a cup/playoffs were in the work many weeks ago but then through the grapevine I heard it was all pointless. I saw no official post stating this to my knowledge. I'm definitely in the dark about whats up with TWD League. Is TSL in the works for next focus after TWDT ends or what.. Anyone know? TWD IS strong enough to do a proper League with. My suggestion is do NOT make weekend games with set times but rather do Captain to Captain agreements. We just need flex times for games / playoffs perhaps. Open ended Flex Leagues have not really ever been attempted. Perhaps now is a good time to try.

Power, Legio XI, Blind and Terrorist going head to head are all good matchups. Nasty needs a huge week coming up if they have a prayer. The playoffs should be exciting to see how it all unfolds. GO POWER !!
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Like Jessup said, good analysis, thanks for this, Ixador. Hoping to see more video content like this from you.

Most of the predictions were spot on.

Also hoping that Curse shows up strong for the final week and plays spoiler, given how many critical matches they play against playoff hopefuls. A lot of their losses were still close and competitive games, I think they've acquitted themselves well this season, they showed up and played hard, and having a bad draft spot against much stronger opponents was always going to make it an uphill battle.

Should be an interesting and competitive Week 5 between Terrorist, Nasty, Legio, and Blind. I think all four have reasonably good chances of qualifying.
        top 100 basers list

Comment

This is GREAT! Absolutely love it and would love to see more.
          Here's some random ideas:

1. Interviews / Q&A with captains. Some people won't want to go on Discord but there's nothing wrong with doing it on chat and then reading it out.

2. Interviews / Q&A with players. Same as above. Get some thoughts from players before and after matches.

3. Statistics / Analysis. Major has the stats spreadsheet and the data is duplicated over on the website. Cool to comment on it. Plz ignore my jav results though. Nothing to see there.

4. Discuss the Hot or Nots that get posted.

5. There are some people who would be interested in co-hosting. Mythril, beam and vys were on the Discord during the live draft. They could offer their thoughts.

Seeing the website being used in the video gave me a cool feeling. Hope its proving useful to people.

So far so good. I hope to see more of these. I can add a Videos tab to the site too and embed the YouTube video, if you want to make this a weekly thing. Personally I'd love to see it weekly and we can include it in the newsletters/fb too.
          Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

Loved the format and the execution! Please do make it a weekly thing if your situation allows.

Comment

Hey everyone. Thank you for them warm, kind words. Your encouragement has inspired me to move forward and I would like to be TrenchWars official content creator for youtube/twitch (if twitch will work with my net). I am having fun doing this and if it benefits the zone in someway or just puts a smile on someones face, it's worth it. I do work though irl and am in a serious relationship but for now I can definitely put up a couple audio videos during the week and one to two actual vids of either gameplay or w/e I want to cover for your viewing enjoyment.

For now I am looking at doing the following..

Weekly - Goofing off with Grasps (GOWGs). Audio series that is easy for me to make/upload that is random yet still game oriented. You can expect shoutouts, weird humor, discussions and reminders on upcoming events regarding twd/twdt/other leagues and more. Note: I will not filter my language here as it's just me being 100% me and my intended audience is for adults which most of us are. Just like to put that because I know some of us have like 8 kids like 24 and I don't want him getting in trouble ;D

Weekly - TWD Weekly News. This will primarily an audio series but if I am doing previews or player stats, you can expect a video. The sole purpose of this series is for making announcements, discussing hot topics with other players, upcoming events, previews (like TWDT - Week 5), player performances and much more.

Weekly/Weekend - TWD/TWDT/other league Primetime Games. These will actually be videos for viewing that will cover important matches that will have commentary from myself and possible guest who want to join me on Discord. Depending on how much time I have to devote on any given weekend for recording will depict the amount of games covered. My goal is no less than 2 per weekend.

Weekly/Weekend - TWD Games of the Week. If I can catch a game that is starting in time or can get 1-2 organized a week once TWD restarts, I'd love to record them to place up for people to view. Games I'll be looking for are best in class or those with heated rivalries to ensure they are worth my time and yours. Also, if there is some fun hosted events like tourny or even big elims, I might record them as well.

As you can see I have made a lot of commitment to the zone with the above content I will be delivering but as long as you guys are enjoying it, I don't mind spending what little free time I have towards this. Oh and Wirah, would be awesome to have a "Videos" section with the above categories in this section so it's easy for people to pick what they want. I plan on doing this after TWDT concludes in hopes it keeps the hype train rolling and the zone active so maybe it might be worth placing the "Video" section on the main twd.org site? I also am thinking about making an official subspace trenchwars channel rather than using my personal channel for this just for some extra polish as I always say appearances are everything in gaming.

That about covers it. I appreciate you guys hopping on here to tell me you liked my stuff though and all the kind words along with that like I said. Cheers!

-Ixa/Grasps

EDIT: I forgot to mention but I am also doing these vids not just for us who play TWD/TWDT but for those in pub who may have the wrong impression about what we do or just never had a chance to really get involved. If things go well, it might be worth advertising some of these videos in public for those guys to have a chance to catch up on the latest news, events or watch games. I want to keep hype/excitement up week in and out, during off leagues and leagues and pub is a great place to outreach in my opinion. Thanks.
              Voted Trench War's "Rookie of the Year" - 2007-2008
              Prodigy of Attack's Since - 2017
              Co-Owner of Trench War's Most Loved Squad - Lethal Dose - 2007-2013
              Iron Survivor Sympathizer (for being poor) - 2010 - 2018
              Massive Swagger - Cracking it harder than Eggs - 2018
              Shooting Wiibimbo up like a Movie Since - 2010
              Raspi's Biggest Fan - 2004 - 2018
              Denied from joining Paladen for his name - 2007

Comment

That was great! good stuff ixa, looking forward for the future ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Wirah View Post
                  This is GREAT! Absolutely love it and would love to see more.
                  Here's some random ideas:

1. Interviews / Q&A with captains. Some people won't want to go on Discord but there's nothing wrong with doing it on chat and then reading it out.

2. Interviews / Q&A with players. Same as above. Get some thoughts from players before and after matches.

3. Statistics / Analysis. Major has the stats spreadsheet and the data is duplicated over on the website. Cool to comment on it. Plz ignore my jav results though. Nothing to see there.

4. Discuss the Hot or Nots that get posted.

5. There are some people who would be interested in co-hosting. Mythril, beam and vys were on the Discord during the live draft. They could offer their thoughts.

Seeing the website being used in the video gave me a cool feeling. Hope its proving useful to people.

So far so good. I hope to see more of these. I can add a Videos tab to the site too and embed the YouTube video, if you want to make this a weekly thing. Personally I'd love to see it weekly and we can include it in the newsletters/fb too.
                  I will make a big analysis stuff thing about the stats when the regular season is done. Like compare teams, ratings etc. Make maybe an advice to rate ppl higher/lower next season and what so ever. Could be a good thing to get feedback on to optimalize the ratings in general, because every season 'we' get complaints that some people are rated wrong.
                  Major Crisis

Comment

fun stuff my man

Comment

Working...
                    X