Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun Fact - Nasty cheated to get their playoff spot (Official Appeal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun Fact - Nasty cheated to get their playoff spot (Official Appeal)

Nasty (Racka's squad) borrowed a 7* player in four matches this TWDT, two of which they won. The rules clearly state:

"5-Star and 6-Star players (they can't be a 7 in ANY league) that aren't started by their own teams (or eliminated from the playoffs) are eligible to be borrowed..."

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...l=1#post915047 (Borrowed destruct, 6/7/6) - WON
    http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...l=1#post915199 (Borrowed Tiny 7/9/7) - LOST
    http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...l=1#post915205 (Borrowed Tiny 7/9/7) - LOST
    http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...l=1#post915560 (Borrowed destruct, 6/7/6) - WON

We contest that this repeated rule breaking - adding illegitimate lines - gave Nasty an unfair advantage in achieving their playoff spot. They won two of their matches with an illegal line - and they should be automatically forfeited.

With these games forfeited, Nasty has a final score tally of 13 points. Thus Terrorist (with 14 points) are the rightful 4th team in the playoffs.

Not to mention the filthy and sordid affair that was their last match with Power. Everyone in spec could see that Power threw that game.

Cheers :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Hell yeah brother, Terrorist gets that last playoff spot! Rules are rules boys!

Comment

This is actually true and requires immidiate attention from league OPs. Looking back and examining the granted appeal(s) this season, I dont see why this would or should be any different.
      Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
      Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
      Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
      Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
      Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Hmm 14 Points out of 30 total though...sigh, no clue what the operators going to make of the appeal. For fairness would have Nasty play against Terrorist best 2 out of 3 rounds gets the playoff spot if this appeal is even important.
        TWDT Power Squadron Triple Crown Win 2018 Season. Base, Javelin and Warbird Medals.
        TWDTB Season 15 Trench Wars Draft Basing: TWDTB Champion & Medal
        TSLB All-Star Season 2: Medal 1 Win-Baser in 2 or 4 to 10 Zones('Grab the Flag')&Paladen Best Old Squad 50 Members-former whiterabbits squad, fan and member: Invincible
        ~Babylon 5 spider insider.sigpic former No Surrender and No Surrender II,loyal to Anti-Scrub~ Kongregate Champion!

Comment

OMG all make playoffs besides curse and power gets 1st round bye

Comment

Sir Commodo forgot to mention that Nasty always borrowed while they had one of their player on the bench (who wanted to play) AND that few 6/6/6 not alined by their team were almost always connected and instead they borrowed a better player. If it isn't cheat then what is it?!

Comment

Sucks for Nasty.. I agree they should at least be able to make an attempt with their true roster. Because "RaCka" isn't the type of player to cheat to begin with, and the fact that the rule is just one line (of course that doesn't justify breaking them..) I believe it's just an honest mistake.

Maybe we can take time to address the rule itself. Why can't the borrowed player be a 7* in another league? Shouldn't it only matter what their * rating is in the league they want to be borrowed? Also how could someone like destruct be a 7 in jav?

Hellrazor: Hope you're not talking about Cyclone lol.. might want to check his ratings. 5* across the board is good in a lot of other contexts though
              sigpic

Comment

key take out from this - borrow Tiny and you lose
                TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

It's time to see if the "comitee" have more credibility than a "one man dictatorship"(aka Ogron). I personally think that a dictator who force people to respect the rules is way better than a little group keeping things secret (like our dear society). Btw who are comitee members?! Can we know who votes the appeals?! An appeal has been approved because F2 buged, now that a team blatantly cheat I can guess it won't be approve? I want the "comitee" to prove me i'm wrong to call them idiots.

Doubtfull things happend earlier too, no regards with nasty affair, but I won't talk about it since the boy concerned just took profit of credulous people, again :shy:

Comment

This is clear cut in rules.

Borrowing

5-Star and 6-Star players (they can't be a 7 in ANY league) that aren't started by their own teams (or eliminated from the playoffs) are eligible to be borrowed by other teams to avoid forfeits.
                    Also must add that Nasty was required to play their own players who were present. There was at least one 5/5/5 rated Nasty player present in at least 2 of the games where they resorted to these borrows. It is illegal to use borrows when the team's own eligible players are in the arena dying to play. Instead they borrowed, in one instance Tiny who is 7/9/7 so far from Cyclone. Not to mention the illegal ratings as illustrated by Commodo's OP.

Also worth mentioning that as the rules as they are written stand, it does not matter if the other team is informed/someone agrees, whatever - borrowing must meet the conditions prescribed in rules, period. For a good reason too, since as seen here it affects not only the 2 teams playing the game - but all the teams playing the league due to ladder, +/- rec.

In Week 5 game Nasty player even did a ?help call in addition to chatting about not being added but other TWDT staff ignored it. As far as I can see, there are no rules changes posted that 7* borrows are legal. Neither are there announcements that Cyclone is banned. Nor was it stated before draft, that the team drafting Cyclone can use borrows at will instead of own players, as some league team members are insinuating.

What happens when an illegal lineup is used is also included in the rules.

-Any kills/reps/active play that affects the game before the player either specs or is subbed will result in a 50-0 forfeit in TWDT-D/TWDT-J, and a 15:00-0:00 loss in TWDT-B.
                    Even one forfeit for Nasty, brings them to even score with Terrorist and it goes to +/- rec. Racka did know what he was doing. I sort of still count as TWDT staff. After the 1st time this happened and I caught wind, Racka was warned not to repeat it ever again, yet here we are. All other league staff team team was notified to decide on it too more formally, but it was brushed off since Henry Saari himself was involved in hosting the games where this was happening.

Since I still happen to have a vote in this: 1 vote for appeal approved

Comment

Originally posted by Dierienow View Post
                      Maybe we can take time to address the rule itself. Why can't the borrowed player be a 7* in another league? Shouldn't it only matter what their * rating is in the league they want to be borrowed?
                      Yeah this doesn't make much sense to me.

Originally posted by Soldier13 View Post
                      For fairness would have Nasty play against Terrorist best 2 out of 3 rounds gets the playoff spot if this appeal is even important.
                      :O What game type would be used? Can't do wb, jav and basing - there's no time. No chance that either team agrees to this option.

Not sure what to make of this.

I wonder how many other "illegal" borrows took place this season because of this bizarre "can't be 7 in any league" rule. That rule just seems ridiculous.
                      Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

Lol appeals about using destruct (6* baser) in base games in which he negged in spider. 😂😂😂😂

Edit: also appealing certain games weeks after they happened is not allowed, there has always been an appeal window
                        Last edited by zidane; 09-04-2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Power did not throw the game, we got out gunned since they were experimenting with some lower tier members of the squad plus just wants a fun game since it is the week before Semi-Finals and they work the whole month so did not need to overkill with Nasty. No one plan or mention about how it is to thwart the Terrorist squadron in particular so why go there.
                          TWDT Power Squadron Triple Crown Win 2018 Season. Base, Javelin and Warbird Medals.
                          TWDTB Season 15 Trench Wars Draft Basing: TWDTB Champion & Medal
                          TSLB All-Star Season 2: Medal 1 Win-Baser in 2 or 4 to 10 Zones('Grab the Flag')&Paladen Best Old Squad 50 Members-former whiterabbits squad, fan and member: Invincible
                          ~Babylon 5 spider insider.sigpic former No Surrender and No Surrender II,loyal to Anti-Scrub~ Kongregate Champion!

Comment

Wirah, with all respect due for the work you do (especially on the website), if you are allow to play jav, Cyclone should be allow to play spid. And does staff involved in the problem can votes on the appeal?!

And for Trasher again, playing Cyclone in base is comparable to playing Yojimbo in warbird, just sayin'

Comment

lol, current league ops definitely don't have the mental tools or league experience required to adjudicate this, should be hilarious.

you're talking about clear rules violations, yet there's a ton of past precedent in TWL and TWDT that appeals have to be filed within 24 hours of a match. the appeals should all be denied on this basis.

compound that by the fact the rule Commodo is citing is a rule Vys copypasta'd from my previous leagues -- I doubt any of the league ops are even aware it exists or intended for it to be applied this season.

one the one hand, Nasty have been far and away the biggest cheats this season, from illegal low-star slot violations, Power throwing their final game vs. them, and Turban's stated 5% showrate then playing practically every game,
                              while on the other you have the biggest whiner in the history of TWDT in Dreamwin, whose team underperformed and doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs, and got his teeth kicked in by yours truly to eliminate him in base on Sunday, and is still crying about it.

in terms of actual impact, Destruct went 41-61 and 61-42 in the two wins he was borrowed, he played like a 2-star and had no material impact on any result. power threw a game after the standings were already decided (since nasty had a winning tiebreak already vs. terrorist) and had no material impact on the standings. turban lying about his showrate isn't illegal.

the only valid thing is the low-star slot violations, and every previous ruling in league history has required the appeal to be filed within 24 hours, and should be thrown out.

the bottom line is Terrorist played badly and deserved to miss the playoffs, and they're trying to weasel their way in. you sucked and you lost, get over it.

Nasty would have finished with 14 wins regardless -- with a winning tiebreak. The only actual rule violation were the 2 borrows, and the appeals weren't filed on time, and Destruct was garbage in both games, neither of which were very close.

Both teams are trash, but Nasty deserves the honor of being promptly swept in the Semi-Finals and knocked out by Power slightly more than Terrorist, which features a captain that actually had the unmitigated fucking gaul to accuse M_M God of being a cheating laggot after getting eliminated in base. The level of irony is unreal.
                              Cape> draft easier to win when you cap

*6 months later*

Cape triple frowns and misses playoffs in every league

Comment

Working...
                              X