Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun Fact - Nasty cheated to get their playoff spot (Official Appeal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not answering this appeal yet in any possible manner, lets chew on this first.

-Nasty gained advantage by borrowing a 7-star player that apparently was so big advantage they lost in both occasions. (In both occasions opposing team captain agreed to this sub to allow 8vs8 game)
    -Nasty gained advantage by borrowing a 6-star player that apparently was 7 in a javelin. This player ended up negging both games but with good carry they at least won their games.

-The people here discussing Cyclone and his value to TWDT or his team, are you entirely sure you are sober?
    Last edited by Henry Saari; 09-04-2018, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dierienow View Post

Maybe we can take time to address the rule itself. Why can't the borrowed player be a 7* in another league? Shouldn't it only matter what their * rating is in the league they want to be borrowed? Also how could someone like destruct be a 7 in jav?
      This is very valid point, will be looked into.

Comment

This is an open-and-shut case, you can find 100 instances going through forums of league operators consistently denying appeals that weren't filed within 24 hours:

Unless you're Skyforger, of course, who has been playing leagues for 17 minutes and granting appeals with no understanding of how anything works.

The 24-hour appeal process has been set in stone for decades.
        Cape> draft easier to win when you cap

*6 months later*

Cape triple frowns and misses playoffs in every league

Comment

General points which should be addressed before next season.
          - This rule should be changed because it's weird, the restriction should be about the game type being played only.
          - Rules should not exist if staff or bots can't enforce them at the time that they apply.
          - I don't like the culture of relying on players to appeal. There shouldn't need to be any appeals.
          - Validating lineups should be straightforward and therefore should be automated.

Comment

I'm convinced by the "within 24 hours" but honnestly this league is a joke, this cant be call "pro league", you can't imagine on the real subspace pro league (svs) a team who voluntarily bench his own player to have a better one from an other team, and it happens all seasons here. I don't want Cyclone, can I have Tiny ? This game is pure amateurism, the newbie zone of subspace, i'm still here because i can't make a single kill in svs.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Saari View Post
              I'm not answering this appeal yet in any possible manner, lets chew on this first.

-Nasty gained advantage by borrowing a 7-star player that apparently was so big advantage they lost in both occasions. (In both occasions opposing team captain agreed to this sub to allow 8vs8 game)
              -Nasty gained advantage by borrowing a 6-star player that apparently was 7 in a javelin. This player ended up negging both games but with good carry they at least won their games.

-The people here discussing Cyclone and his value to TWDT or his team, are you entirely sure you are sober?
              -Rules are very clear, anybody being informed or agreeing is not important according to the rules.

-Your argument that rules can be broken, if the advantage doesn't turn out to be noticeable, is asking for trouble. Get ready to get those boundaries tested in the future, and the precedent will be here.

-You don't exactly add value to teams in jav or wb most of the time, by your logic Power will be allowed to borrow in playoffs to not have to play you. Same for like about 1/3rd of the drafted players.

-Cyclone was added to the draft, he was the only player rated 5/5/5 on purpose. It is not an accident that slipped though the cracks. He was drafted on purpose on Nasty, it was not a last pick. In the game he did play, he did good, better than some 6-stars. There is absolutely no reason to punish him after allowing him to participate on same grounds as everyone, if he has not fucked up in the league in question.

Comment

Another thought on drafting:
                - During the draft, caps are expected to pick everyone who signed up.
                - Then very last are the people they were trying very hard not to pick at all.
                - This appeal is a result of that draft procedure.

A possible solution:
                - The objective is that a captain only has to pick people they would rather field instead of borrowing someone else.
                - I propose that a captain should be able to "pass", they pick no player and the draft moves on to the next captain.
                - If the other captains also pass, and the pick returns to the captains who originally passed, if that captain passes again, the draft ends.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	racka.png
Views:	1
Size:	656.5 KB
ID:	1282244
                  3:BOMBED> got donuts
                  3:BOMBED> how jealous
                  3:Heaven> how american
                  3:BOMBED> ??????????
                  3:BOMBED> wtf u suppose to get
                  3:BOMBED> they didnt have any fried goat

Comment

Even if this season rules featured a 24hr appeal window (it does not), I consider the appeal is timely since the standings/playoff spots were published yesterday and it became important.

Comment

Every single time a squad has to borrow they ask staff for it. Then a staffer gets a suitable player and informs the captain to add said player.

If you want to religiously enforce these rules it should be enforced by the staff. Do you expect the captain to go looking at the rating of the borrowed player after a staffer has already cleared it? Come the hell on.

Also regarding Cyclone, who some of you have a hard-on for for whatever reason, despite the numerous times he has ruined games in multiple zones with his presence, we were informed by Henry Saari that we would not ever have to add Cyclone.

Here is a screenshot of Henry informing me of this in Finnish. Feel free to look up the Google translation of it. https://i.imgur.com/XbCT08v.png
                      JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
                      JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
                      mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
                      mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick

Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Comment

I am going to add my two cents because I feel I can and will make it easy for you too. This appeal should be approved. Sorry it wasn't noticed sooner, Sunday was a long day. By the time I finished recording with Vys, I was half brain dead as I imagine most of us were. While this mistake wasn't found early (less than 48 hours..), I think a lot of those who were present all afternoon Sunday needed to depress Monday and once we did, were able to comb through the facts which is what Commodo did.

I respect RacKa, he's a great dude but I think he made a huge mistake sitting his own man for a borrow. It was a RISK.. he's a smart cat, he knew it, he knew what could happen. If he got away with it, I'd be fine but he got busted and I don't think Nasty should get a free pass here or anyone who tries to break the rules to get into playoffs. TWDT is our most competitive league and rules are in place to keep it that way, cheesing should be taken seriously because it not only cheapens this league but damages its integrity. The BEST teams don't need to bend rules PERIOD.

Oh and Power getting the Triple Crown lol

Also, we can get much further not only in TWDT but in all facets of TWD without bashing league op's and upper staff. Come on folks, keep it civil. Putting down people who are running this for our enjoyment is not going to get things done faster and it's destructive in nature towards whatever outcome.

-Grasps (Ixa)

Comment

The games happened weeks ago... not 48 hours and destruct was approved by staff to play, it's not like nasty sought out playing 6* superstar destruct to spider

Comment

td/lr

Commodo : Nasty cheated here is the proof : [...], I appeal.

Dreamwin : That's true :sad3: .

skyforger : (mmhh, I got a possibility to get Henry's head) Appeal Aproved !

zidane : Good luck for playoffs Dreamwin :dozey:

Ogron : Staff are trash, Nasty are trash, Dreamwin is trash.. It's too late for the appeal, trash.

Heaven : I dedicate this to you punks motherfuckers! HAHAHAHAHA

Trasher : It's Henry's fault here is the proof : Henry Saari>vipalu makü kalo Cyclone.

APPEAL DENIED

Comment

Henry made a mistake I guess. Mistakes happen, especially since all the hosts are players themselves it can get hectic. After I caught wind of it, think it was Week 3, I reminded Racka of the rules and warned him to not let it happen again. So Racka knew very well what he was doing when he did it again this Sunday.

Comment

I forgot to mention the legend, the man, Vys was holed up with me on Discord. He did alert me that he had to pause and handle a borrow issue at one point during the show but it was for Jav and it was because a team could field enough people. I could be wrong here and I mean no disrespect speaking for Vys here either but Vys seemed quite occupied with bot management. He can't run every little aspect of the league, it's too much.

I have faith that Henry and Vys, if they were aware would of said something. Other staffers volunteering, while is great, make mistakes all the time. This one just happens to be severe and needs attention. You can expect Henry/Vys to come back here sometime soon and give us more information and a much better explanation but until then I figured i'd over some more insight. Cheers.

-Grasps (Ixa)

Comment

Working...
                                X