Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun Fact - Nasty cheated to get their playoff spot (Official Appeal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rab View Post
    Another thought on drafting:
    A possible solution:
    - The objective is that a captain only has to pick people they would rather field instead of borrowing someone else.
    - I propose that a captain should be able to "pass", they pick no player and the draft moves on to the next captain.
    - If the other captains also pass, and the pick returns to the captains who originally passed, if that captain passes again, the draft ends.
    Valid points here. Given some players have tendency to ruin every game they play, either restricting their signup to every league or having possibility to not draft this sort of player at all would be good. I don't believe any squad enjoys playing their basing game 7vs8 or anything such as.
    Last edited by Henry Saari; 09-04-2018, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Best part is that Henry Saari never said anything in 'public' or TWDT captain chat about Cyclone being 'blocked' before sunday 5 pm est. It's like he announced it just that day because Power obviously rather wanted Nasty in over Terrorist, hence why they added such a terrible line up vs Nasty. If they really wanted to try thing out, they could have done it the whole day and not just that last kinda crucial game.

I guess this proves once again that Vys and Henry Saari cant run a proper TWDT. Lets be realistic.. The draft only happened cuz vets asked each other to sign up and be captain. Not because Henry did bother to do anything. The Blind vs Terrorist appeal approve was a joke. They just copied rules they dunno how they work. I mean.. That borrow rule is a joke, if you cant get enough people to showup it should be your own fault. In week 2 or 3 Nasty borrowed Tiny in base, all the staffer (cant remember if it was vys or henry) said was "If other team is ok with it, its fine". Why the fk we having rules then? Yea I didnt care about Tiny being in back then.. Nasty actually needed 2 borrows that game, but I told them to add cyclone. Yes he is an idiot, everyone knows. Its Henry's fault that the guy is in TWDT after all. But imo you cant just a ban/block a player midgame cuz of his playstyle. I think its funny that Henry now is blocking Cyclone, while he got mad TSL season 2 when I blocked the guy from playing... Got even axed from staff cuz of that. Yea Henry is a great leader.
      Major Crisis

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
        Another thought on drafting:
        - During the draft, caps are expected to pick everyone who signed up.
        - Then very last are the people they were trying very hard not to pick at all.
        - This appeal is a result of that draft procedure.

A possible solution:
        - The objective is that a captain only has to pick people they would rather field instead of borrowing someone else.
        - I propose that a captain should be able to "pass", they pick no player and the draft moves on to the next captain.
        - If the other captains also pass, and the pick returns to the captains who originally passed, if that captain passes again, the draft ends.

That solution part is just lame imo. I dont think many of the 6-6-6 people would have been picked at all then. This isnt a way how we will get 'new' people into this game. A 'new' player could even learn from speccing with a team etc. Its a captain's job to avoid shitty picks. In the FA draft I did .?find all the guys to see who is active or not. I picked the 'last seen more than 10 days' guys purpose. I was sure they wouldnt fk anything up or w/e. In the main draft I avoided people like cyclone.
        Major Crisis

Comment

Originally posted by Major Crisis View Post
          Best part is that Henry Saari never said anything in 'public' or TWDT captain chat about Cyclone being 'blocked' before sunday 5 pm est. It's like he announced it just that day because Power obviously rather wanted Nasty in over Terrorist, hence why they added such a terrible line up vs Nasty. If they really wanted to try thing out, they could have done it the whole day and not just that last kinda crucial game.
          Perhaps we can get statement from whoever in Power did lineup for Nasty game to discuss that or why they lost the game. (Notice: not staff business to do lineups for any team or decide their ships..)
          Last edited by Henry Saari; 09-04-2018, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Valid point Don Saari, Rab idea is shit but restricting signup for some particular players in some particular leagues is the good things to do. At least Cyclone wouldnt have come hoping to play. If I want to play next DT and a rule don't allow me to play because i'm too shit I could understand it. Why not refusing DT for very trash players and still give them possibility on minor leagues to play and prove they can improve/play more seriously? But it must be clear, not just a personnal message send to someone, and before the season start.

Because Cyclone showing to play but being bench for an opponent player (and thus enforcing rules and maybe causing Terrorist out of playoffs) is the main problem, and your option is probably the only good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Crisis View Post
              I mean.. That borrow rule is a joke, if you cant get enough people to showup it should be your own fault.
              THIS

Comment

Contrary to "custom" or "what happened 3 years ago" - there is no 24 hour appeal rule. So let's throw that argument straight into the trash where it belongs.

The rules do, however, go to painstaking lengths to say that you cannot borrow a player if they are rated a 7* in any ship. They also say an illegal line up = forfeit. Thank you to skyforger for being one of the few objective voices in this thread.

Racka did this in four games, and he won two of them. That's two forfeits. Plain and simple.

It now transpires that he had ROSTERED PLAYERS that were in the arena and willing to play. Sad!

Discussions about how effective Destruct were are moot. What is "reasonable" is completely arbitrary. What impact he had is pure conjecture. Rules are rules. They could've played Cyclone, or played 7v8, or tried harder to find a 6*.

Discussions about what the rules should be, after the fact, are also moot. Personally I think the rules are pretty reasonable and easy to follow. They allow squads to avoid no shows without making TWDT into some farcical, glorified javduel.

It's not just that Nasty benefited, but that any other teams - my team - that followed the rules, were disadvantaged. That's why rules exist and should be enforced.
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Here are two more screenshots from earlier in the season:

1) Basing vs Blind. Markmrw (staffer who also happens to be on Blind) says if you've already borrowed you don't need to sub a borrow out: https://imgur.com/4OqWZ8H

2) Basing vs Power. Kush and Tiny (7* as pointed out by Vys, who is on Power) are borrowed and Cyclone is benched. Henry Saari (Staffer who also happen to be on Power) and Zidane (Power captain) are fine with it. Relevant bits pointed out with red arrows. https://imgur.com/btThtbT

I would agree that it's shitty to bench Cyclone if he was actually a new player and not someone who's played for 20 years and proven how detrimental he is.

If staff tells us we can bench him then we bench him. End of story. Sue staff. Start a revolution.
                  JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
                  JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
                  mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
                  mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick

Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Comment

Originally posted by MHz View Post
                    Contrary to "custom" or "what happened 3 years ago" - there is no 24 hour appeal rule. So let's throw that argument straight into the trash where it belongs.
                    The only thing that belongs in the trash is your team, which couldn't win enough games and doesn't belong in the playoffs.

You basically got shit on, and instead of taking it like a man, you spent 3 hours sifting through the Scorebox thread fishing for a way to get Nasty disqualified, finding weeks old games where some scrub jav went 40-60 in spider.

That's fucking pathetic.

Can you win anything in this game without looking for loopholes or forcing delays?

24 hour appeal isn't something that randomly happened 3 years ago, it's something that has been consistently applied to leagues for literally decades, to prevent the type of stupid fishing expeditions on display right now.
                    Cape> draft easier to win when you cap

*6 months later*

Cape triple frowns and misses playoffs in every league

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Saari View Post
                      Perhaps we can get statement from whoever in Power did lineup for Nasty game to discuss that or why they lost the game.
                      LMAOOOO man up to your mistake and dont bring power up in this. Also major makes a VERY valid point that you're doing exactly what i did when you went to beasty and qan crying about my "biased" decisions. Major even got axed for blocking in TSL but now all of a sudden you got what you want you cant snake anyone else. The way we played is none of your concern as to why rules are being broken. Dont bring power into this at all. Final warning.
                      3:BOMBED> got donuts
                      3:BOMBED> how jealous
                      3:Heaven> how american
                      3:BOMBED> ??????????
                      3:BOMBED> wtf u suppose to get
                      3:BOMBED> they didnt have any fried goat

Comment

I feel the fairest verdict would be to disqualify Nasty, and eliminate Terrorist, allow Curse to proceed and then I can win that triple crown that eluded me at brexit by borrowing Commodo, Dreamwin and Racka or anyone else I feel like. Seeing as we are bending the rules like a free kick from David Beckham.
                        British> my 18th tomoz $$
                        Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

Just my 2 cents but I don't think any cap can sit here and say they'd ever add cyclone into a match, that guy is lucky he's allowed to enter the zone. He should have been perm banned for ruining countless games in tsl, he's a not a new player and purposefully trolls games for lols

Comment

First league I have played and I have to say a couple things, and I’m sure all the egers / other zone players who have begun tw will feel the same way. First of all, borrowing in normal twjd/twdd is amazing, but to do this in a league setting is surreal to me and was surprised to see.. if a squad doesn’t have enough then the GM did not do a good job drafting active players, plain and simple, and okay fine if you want to keep doing this then AT LEAST allow a borrow only from someone who is a 5-6*.

You don’t want to start cyclone? that’s understandable. Good guy but he is just very bad.. It is what it is.

Second thing.. What the hell is wrong with these ratings... I am new here, 6* is right for me, so why the heck do I see 6* players in every team that should not be. I see 6* players that play very well, are seasoned vets who have played here for YEARS.. making it tough for us true 6* players to get any play time (Only reason I have played a lot is because major is awesome and no other 6* players show.) Put 5* players for the next TWDT OR make the ratings from a scale of 1-10.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                              The only thing that belongs in the trash is your team, which couldn't win enough games and doesn't belong in the playoffs.

You basically got shit on, and instead of taking it like a man, you spent 3 hours sifting through the Scorebox thread fishing for a way to get Nasty disqualified, finding weeks old games where some scrub jav went 40-60 in spider.

That's fucking pathetic.

Can you win anything in this game without looking for loopholes or forcing delays?

24 hour appeal isn't something that randomly happened 3 years ago, it's something that has been consistently applied to leagues for literally decades, to prevent the type of stupid fishing expeditions on display right now.
                              Lol, yawn. That's a lot of hyperbole with no argument! I guess me shitting all over your "24 hour rule" nonsense really hit you in the feels.

The irony of a man-child with 1/100000000th of my clutch talking about "winning" is also not lost on me.

The only thing useful about your post would be if I printed it off, chopped it into squares, and used it to wipe my arse. But I wouldn't even do that - my arse deserves better.

Anyways, nothing here to refute. Let me know if you've got more than some oestrogen-induced panic attack.
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

TWDT Semi-Finals: Staff vs Rules

Comment

Working...
                                X