Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun Fact - Nasty cheated to get their playoff spot (Official Appeal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have a dog in the fight considering my team isn't matched up with either squad, but we have to get beyond digging through the rules that were written on something the size of a flash card whenever something happens in the gray area. We have a rule set that is copy and pasted because we don't have a paid commission of highly intelligent people debating and coming up with the best solution to every possible scenario like the NFL every offseason.

Most of the time, you just hope that your league op can be the adult in the room and deal with these matters in a fair and common sense kind of way when they do happen. Let's be real, every team besides power and curse went into week 5 knowing they had to perform and compete their way into the playoffs. None of us were safe, and we all played those games accordingly with a playoff level of intensity. Unfortunately, one of us wasn't going to make it.

There were games when I let the opposing team take my solid 6* players like blt_12 and he was competing against us like we were rivals. I almost had to pm him to type ?squad blt_12 to remind him which legion he was on because he was a rabid fucking animal. We just have to deal with this kind of shit unfortunately with our small playerbase.

I get the appeal, but it wouldn't sit right for it to get accepted at this point. We played the games to decide the playoffs week 5 and the results should have been the final decision.
    PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
    ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

I heard terrorist vs nasty in the school yard for all the marbles, 3pm sunday!?! Get hype, tw needs this hype...STRACH MY BACK WITH A HACK SAW.... GET HYPE BOIZ ITS GOING DOWN!!!! Let all the other teams take the week off, talk shit in spec, and make some bets. This game goes on forever it's never ending, we can wait. Get in spec bet some money "pay pal" fk some pub bux. Shit make a rap beef ixa.....

Comment

Could do a single base game as wild card just before semifinals.

Comment

Originally posted by Attacks View Post
          David Beckham.
          David Bäckman
          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
            David Bäckman
            Whos that?
            British> my 18th tomoz $$
            Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

Title is misleading. This isnt fun at all
              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by MHz View Post
                Lol, yawn. That's a lot of hyperbole with no argument! I guess me shitting all over your "24 hour rule" nonsense really hit you in the feels.

The irony of a man-child with 1/100000000th of my clutch talking about "winning" is also not lost on me.

The only thing useful about your post would be if I printed it off, chopped it into squares, and used it to wipe my arse. But I wouldn't even do that - my arse deserves better.

Anyways, nothing here to refute. Let me know if you've got more than some oestrogen-induced panic attack.
                LOL, what planet do you live on, I've won significantly more than you, and that's even after the joke that was S21 where we eliminated you in a best-of-3 with both teams fielding full lines, and you once again pulling off bullshit and forcing delays because you're missing players, and causing us to lose key starters who we never lost with. Your only other title was S19, where beat you in the playoffs (again), and we didn't have Mattey for the Finals and, unlike you, didn't force some bullshit delay and actually played. You'd have zero TWL titles without Turban's weird, dogshit bracket rules. You've been knocked out by us every "title" you've won. Get real, kid.

Honestly, your entire TW career is delays and looking for loopholes, you forced a delay for your only TWDT titles that screwed over Power and Thunder, you forced delays TWL 21, now you're trying to weasel your way into the TWDT playoffs this year.

You're a joke whose only wins were the product of procedural technicalities.

You got stomped this season, and I crushed you in WB and Base WEEK 5 to keep you out of the playoffs, and instead of actually performing and earning wins, you're scouring 3 week old boxscores.
                top 100 basers list

Comment

TWDT never had in-depth rules and has always relied on league operators to make a good judgement call when something out of the ordinary happened during the season. In comparison we had several players contributing towards the rules for TWL as an attempt to eliminate as much of the gray area as possible, but you honestly can't expect a league that has mostly been ran by single person for all these years to give the combined effort of many—a lack of resources, and thus the league has more often than not relied on the use of common sense when it comes to cases such as this one.

Nevertheless this league has never been the most serious of competitions, and many see it as a joke myself including, and I feel without a slight rework to the league rules and mechanics it will continue to be a minor league meant to be played for fun while attempting to introduce the competitive aspect of this game to less invested players.

Trasher was doing our lineups for pretty much every basing match and RaCka was not involved in any shape or form given how he has no clue about basing. Unfortunately there was no way to drop Cyclone from our team which is something we would have loved to do given how toxic it is to play with him, and thus getting permission to not add him from league operators was the best option available for our team. In my opinion enforcing rules—which are extremely lacking to begin with, and that's putting it lightly—to ruin the experience of one team would go against the true nature of this competition.

.. and to go slightly off-topic as a closing comment, I do still believe that double-elimination playoff brackets are the way to go and thus I am inclined to disagree with a certain persons comment. They are extremely common and actually the preferred way of doing any form of online tournament or competition simply because it gives the highest chance of having two best teams facing each other in the finals. There is no perfect solution and some people will always be unhappy, however I would like to believe that most players with even the slightest bit of sportsmanship quality would prefer to have the best teams facing each other in the finals.

There's my two cents, stay classy boys and try to have some fun in your alternate reality where apparently virtual titles in a 2D space shooter game with dwindling population matter way too much to the point where it is affecting the mental health of many players.
                  Last edited by Turban; 09-05-2018, 08:22 AM. Reason: further clarifying

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                    .. and to go slightly off-topic as a closing comment, I do still believe that double-elimination playoff brackets are the way to go and thus I am inclined to disagree with a certain persons comment. They are extremely common and actually the preferred way of doing any form of online tournament or competition simply because it gives the highest chance of having two best teams facing each other in the finals.
                    This should defo happen for next season.

Comment

The only game Cyclone has played in the season is this. It does not look like he is doing what he did in TSL.

Code:
                      Result of Nasty vs. Blind: 6:15 - 15:00   19 Aug 2018 22:16:35,
                      ---------------------------------+------+------+-----------+------+------+-----+-----------+----.
                      |                               K |    D |   TK |    Points |   FT |  TeK | RPD |    Rating | LO |
                      |                          ,------+------+------+-----------+------+------+-----+-----------+----+
                      | Nasty                   /   307 |  411 |    5 |     36954 |    7 |    3 | 441 |        41 |  1 |
                      +------------------------'        |      |      |           |      |      |     |           |    |
                      |  BrokenFist                  63 |   48 |    0 |      5912 |    1 |    0 |     |        28 |  0 |
                      |  Cyclone                     44 |   31 |    0 |      4239 |    0 |    0 |     |         1 |  0 |
                      |  Jizzron Phillips            58 |   65 |    0 |      4786 |    0 |    0 |     |         9 |  0 |
                      |  Lockdown                     8 |    8 |    0 |      1450 |    0 |    0 |     |       SUB |  0 |
                      |  Singer                      56 |   45 |    0 |      5653 |    1 |    1 |     |         2 |  1 |
                      |  Tiny                        21 |   10 |    0 |      4200 |    0 |    1 |     |         0 |  0 |
                      |  Trasher                     12 |   77 |    3 |      2177 |    0 |    0 | 2.9 |       --- |  0 |
                      |  turban                       8 |   76 |    2 |      2710 |    4 |    1 | 2.8 |         1 |  0 |
                      |  Wirah                       37 |   51 |    0 |      5827 |    1 |    0 |     |       SUB |  0 |

Of course the guy has bad history, but what bearing does that have if he stopped that? Many of us haven't exactly been model netizens of TW. For whatever reason he was admitted to this TWDT on purpose and rated as the only 5-star player. Once players are drafted, there is no special treatment or it had to be said publicly and outright. Many caps would have picked up Cyclone if it was announced as a Borrow-7-star-players-free-card. If he had broken rules at any point in this season, league team would be quick to ban him and announce it.

The above scorebox looks to me like he tried his best given his rating?! Also worth emphasizing that Racka drafted him on purpose, was not even the last draft round, there were like a dozen players still unpicked remaining. It really sucks for Nasty players that punch above the belt, of which there are many, but Racka knew what he was doing and he was present this Sunday games after being warned about this.

As Cyclone hasn't done anything wrong in this TWDT, this looks more and more like Nasty using Cyclone's bad rep and community's justified hate of him to get away with going around the rules for their benefit.

That is not to take away from the other grounds for appeal Terrorist has risen, like even in the scorebox above they also have a 7/9/7 borrow in. Something other teams were not allowed to do and did not.

Comment

How stupid are you man? Games a team lost with players over the star-level aren't appeal-able or relevant. Tiny wasn't in any of the wins.

Moreover, Cyclone is a known troll who throws games on purpose then denies it, I spent hours documenting this via recorded video -- Henry Saari gave them permission to not play Cyclone (as he should, totally correct call), it's a non-issue in this appeal.

Stop focusing on irrelevant shit.

The only things that matter are:

1) 24-hour rule for appeals

This should completely end the debate, and Turban/MM God/Qan other higher ups should be stepping in and resolving this, since you're a newbie with little-to-no experience running leagues or playing in them. You were all too lazy to write the rules for TWDT or properly modify them, instead you just copy/pasted my work, aren't aware of most rules that are written/unwritten in TWL/TWDT, and haven't done a lot of the work anyway, you haven't earned shit. The work has been parceled out to Major Crisis, Vys, Wirah, and others. You have no business deciding this appeal. Last year you were a stalking troll and Henry was turning TWDT format into ?go zombies

2) Should the rule even be applied?

i.e., should someone who is a 6/7/6 and played in one of their 6-star leagues as a borrow even be a rule? I put that in there because I closely monitored all borrows and double-checked scoreboxes and talked to refs.

I actually did the work, unlike you. Now you're caught in this mess because you're lazy and just want to be in charge.

I doubt any of you even knew that rule existed or intended for it to be used this season.

3) Did the infraction, on which the appeals long expired, materially affect the results?

You could actually use your brains and common sense, and evaluate whether Destruct provided some inherent value above a normal 6-Star borrow in base. The answer is clearly no.

Conclusion

On the legal level, the appeals window has long been closed. On the common sense level, Destruct didn't change the results of either game.

If this appeal is granted and Nasty is removed from the playoffs, league ops are a total joke. It has no material impact on my team since we play Blind regardless, but this farce Commodo has put on delving into old scoreboxes is pathetic and shouldn't be rewarded.
                        top 100 basers list

Comment

100% they broke rules and those games shoulda been forfeited. Don't listen to this ogron troll he probably voted for trump seeing his arguement for no appeal. They cheated doesn't matter when and should be punished according to the rule of law.

Comment

Yo I got 50cash on terrorist?!? Sup?!?

Comment

Facts

Destruct is a 6* baser, who played poorly in two base wins for nasty. His 7* jav rating has no impact on playing base

Destruct was approved by staff to be borrowed for nasty as a 6* baser

One of the wins happened over 3 weeks ago, long past any normal appeal window (40-60 spider record)

The second win destruct was a part of wa this Sunday. Once again approved by staff. This game has no bearing on playoffs as nasty could have lost 15-0 and still made playoffs over terrorist on tiebreakers

Comment

Since glyde decided to show up in this thread I will no longer accept him throwing a TWDTB game. If any action is taken in regards to the appeal I also anticipate his removal from TWDT. His contribution, or lack thereof due to trolling, had a bigger impact than Destruct.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X