Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 81

Thread: Fun Fact - Nasty cheated to get their playoff spot (Official Appeal)

  1. #21
    Registered User skyforger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Saari View Post
    I'm not answering this appeal yet in any possible manner, lets chew on this first.

    -Nasty gained advantage by borrowing a 7-star player that apparently was so big advantage they lost in both occasions. (In both occasions opposing team captain agreed to this sub to allow 8vs8 game)
    -Nasty gained advantage by borrowing a 6-star player that apparently was 7 in a javelin. This player ended up negging both games but with good carry they at least won their games.

    -The people here discussing Cyclone and his value to TWDT or his team, are you entirely sure you are sober?
    -Rules are very clear, anybody being informed or agreeing is not important according to the rules.

    -Your argument that rules can be broken, if the advantage doesn't turn out to be noticeable, is asking for trouble. Get ready to get those boundaries tested in the future, and the precedent will be here.

    -You don't exactly add value to teams in jav or wb most of the time, by your logic Power will be allowed to borrow in playoffs to not have to play you. Same for like about 1/3rd of the drafted players.

    -Cyclone was added to the draft, he was the only player rated 5/5/5 on purpose. It is not an accident that slipped though the cracks. He was drafted on purpose on Nasty, it was not a last pick. In the game he did play, he did good, better than some 6-stars. There is absolutely no reason to punish him after allowing him to participate on same grounds as everyone, if he has not fucked up in the league in question.

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,046
    Another thought on drafting:
    - During the draft, caps are expected to pick everyone who signed up.
    - Then very last are the people they were trying very hard not to pick at all.
    - This appeal is a result of that draft procedure.

    A possible solution:
    - The objective is that a captain only has to pick people they would rather field instead of borrowing someone else.
    - I propose that a captain should be able to "pass", they pick no player and the draft moves on to the next captain.
    - If the other captains also pass, and the pick returns to the captains who originally passed, if that captain passes again, the draft ends.

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    325
    Name:  racka.png
Views: 103
Size:  656.5 KB
    8:beam> yo tiny i have some good news for u
    8:Tiny> U COMING SUNDAY BRO?
    8:beam> i wont be here sunday but you could save on your car insurance by switching to geico

  4. #24
    Registered User skyforger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    366
    Even if this season rules featured a 24hr appeal window (it does not), I consider the appeal is timely since the standings/playoff spots were published yesterday and it became important.

  5. #25
    Registered User Trasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    176
    Every single time a squad has to borrow they ask staff for it. Then a staffer gets a suitable player and informs the captain to add said player.

    If you want to religiously enforce these rules it should be enforced by the staff. Do you expect the captain to go looking at the rating of the borrowed player after a staffer has already cleared it? Come the hell on.

    Also regarding Cyclone, who some of you have a hard-on for for whatever reason, despite the numerous times he has ruined games in multiple zones with his presence, we were informed by Henry Saari that we would not ever have to add Cyclone.

    Here is a screenshot of Henry informing me of this in Finnish. Feel free to look up the Google translation of it. https://i.imgur.com/XbCT08v.png
    Violence> lag cheating niggir
    JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
    JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
    mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
    mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick
    Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

  6. #26
    OFFICIAL CONTENT CREATOR Grasps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Bible Belt, USA
    Posts
    20
    I am going to add my two cents because I feel I can and will make it easy for you too. This appeal should be approved. Sorry it wasn't noticed sooner, Sunday was a long day. By the time I finished recording with Vys, I was half brain dead as I imagine most of us were. While this mistake wasn't found early (less than 48 hours..), I think a lot of those who were present all afternoon Sunday needed to depress Monday and once we did, were able to comb through the facts which is what Commodo did.

    I respect RacKa, he's a great dude but I think he made a huge mistake sitting his own man for a borrow. It was a RISK.. he's a smart cat, he knew it, he knew what could happen. If he got away with it, I'd be fine but he got busted and I don't think Nasty should get a free pass here or anyone who tries to break the rules to get into playoffs. TWDT is our most competitive league and rules are in place to keep it that way, cheesing should be taken seriously because it not only cheapens this league but damages its integrity. The BEST teams don't need to bend rules PERIOD.

    Oh and Power getting the Triple Crown lol

    Also, we can get much further not only in TWDT but in all facets of TWD without bashing league op's and upper staff. Come on folks, keep it civil. Putting down people who are running this for our enjoyment is not going to get things done faster and it's destructive in nature towards whatever outcome.

    -Grasps (Ixa)

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    937
    The games happened weeks ago... not 48 hours and destruct was approved by staff to play, it's not like nasty sought out playing 6* superstar destruct to spider

  8. #28
    Hellrazor ronaldinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    155
    td/lr


    Commodo : Nasty cheated here is the proof : [...], I appeal.


    Dreamwin : That's true .


    skyforger : (mmhh, I got a possibility to get Henry's head) Appeal Aproved !


    zidane : Good luck for playoffs Dreamwin


    Ogron : Staff are trash, Nasty are trash, Dreamwin is trash.. It's too late for the appeal, trash.


    Heaven : I dedicate this to you punks motherfuckers! HAHAHAHAHA


    Trasher : It's Henry's fault here is the proof : Henry Saari>vipalu makü kalo Cyclone.






    APPEAL DENIED
    Trasher> lol hellrazor

  9. #29
    Registered User skyforger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    366
    Henry made a mistake I guess. Mistakes happen, especially since all the hosts are players themselves it can get hectic. After I caught wind of it, think it was Week 3, I reminded Racka of the rules and warned him to not let it happen again. So Racka knew very well what he was doing when he did it again this Sunday.

  10. #30
    OFFICIAL CONTENT CREATOR Grasps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Bible Belt, USA
    Posts
    20
    I forgot to mention the legend, the man, Vys was holed up with me on Discord. He did alert me that he had to pause and handle a borrow issue at one point during the show but it was for Jav and it was because a team could field enough people. I could be wrong here and I mean no disrespect speaking for Vys here either but Vys seemed quite occupied with bot management. He can't run every little aspect of the league, it's too much.

    I have faith that Henry and Vys, if they were aware would of said something. Other staffers volunteering, while is great, make mistakes all the time. This one just happens to be severe and needs attention. You can expect Henry/Vys to come back here sometime soon and give us more information and a much better explanation but until then I figured i'd over some more insight. Cheers.

    -Grasps (Ixa)

  11. #31
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Rab View Post
    Another thought on drafting:
    A possible solution:
    - The objective is that a captain only has to pick people they would rather field instead of borrowing someone else.
    - I propose that a captain should be able to "pass", they pick no player and the draft moves on to the next captain.
    - If the other captains also pass, and the pick returns to the captains who originally passed, if that captain passes again, the draft ends.
    Valid points here. Given some players have tendency to ruin every game they play, either restricting their signup to every league or having possibility to not draft this sort of player at all would be good. I don't believe any squad enjoys playing their basing game 7vs8 or anything such as.
    Last edited by Henry Saari; 09-04-2018 at 01:38 PM.

  12. #32
    Major Crisis/Ownix Major Crisis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    829
    Best part is that Henry Saari never said anything in 'public' or TWDT captain chat about Cyclone being 'blocked' before sunday 5 pm est. It's like he announced it just that day because Power obviously rather wanted Nasty in over Terrorist, hence why they added such a terrible line up vs Nasty. If they really wanted to try thing out, they could have done it the whole day and not just that last kinda crucial game.

    I guess this proves once again that Vys and Henry Saari cant run a proper TWDT. Lets be realistic.. The draft only happened cuz vets asked each other to sign up and be captain. Not because Henry did bother to do anything. The Blind vs Terrorist appeal approve was a joke. They just copied rules they dunno how they work. I mean.. That borrow rule is a joke, if you cant get enough people to showup it should be your own fault. In week 2 or 3 Nasty borrowed Tiny in base, all the staffer (cant remember if it was vys or henry) said was "If other team is ok with it, its fine". Why the fk we having rules then? Yea I didnt care about Tiny being in back then.. Nasty actually needed 2 borrows that game, but I told them to add cyclone. Yes he is an idiot, everyone knows. Its Henry's fault that the guy is in TWDT after all. But imo you cant just a ban/block a player midgame cuz of his playstyle. I think its funny that Henry now is blocking Cyclone, while he got mad TSL season 2 when I blocked the guy from playing... Got even axed from staff cuz of that. Yea Henry is a great leader.
    Major Crisis

  13. #33
    Major Crisis/Ownix Major Crisis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    829
    Quote Originally Posted by Rab View Post
    Another thought on drafting:
    - During the draft, caps are expected to pick everyone who signed up.
    - Then very last are the people they were trying very hard not to pick at all.
    - This appeal is a result of that draft procedure.

    A possible solution:
    - The objective is that a captain only has to pick people they would rather field instead of borrowing someone else.
    - I propose that a captain should be able to "pass", they pick no player and the draft moves on to the next captain.
    - If the other captains also pass, and the pick returns to the captains who originally passed, if that captain passes again, the draft ends.

    That solution part is just lame imo. I dont think many of the 6-6-6 people would have been picked at all then. This isnt a way how we will get 'new' people into this game. A 'new' player could even learn from speccing with a team etc. Its a captain's job to avoid shitty picks. In the FA draft I did .?find all the guys to see who is active or not. I picked the 'last seen more than 10 days' guys purpose. I was sure they wouldnt fk anything up or w/e. In the main draft I avoided people like cyclone.
    Major Crisis

  14. #34
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Crisis View Post
    Best part is that Henry Saari never said anything in 'public' or TWDT captain chat about Cyclone being 'blocked' before sunday 5 pm est. It's like he announced it just that day because Power obviously rather wanted Nasty in over Terrorist, hence why they added such a terrible line up vs Nasty. If they really wanted to try thing out, they could have done it the whole day and not just that last kinda crucial game.
    .
    Perhaps we can get statement from whoever in Power did lineup for Nasty game to discuss that or why they lost the game. (Notice: not staff business to do lineups for any team or decide their ships..)
    Last edited by Henry Saari; 09-04-2018 at 03:14 PM.

  15. #35
    Hellrazor ronaldinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    155
    Valid point Don Saari, Rab idea is shit but restricting signup for some particular players in some particular leagues is the good things to do. At least Cyclone wouldnt have come hoping to play. If I want to play next DT and a rule don't allow me to play because i'm too shit I could understand it. Why not refusing DT for very trash players and still give them possibility on minor leagues to play and prove they can improve/play more seriously? But it must be clear, not just a personnal message send to someone, and before the season start.


    Because Cyclone showing to play but being bench for an opponent player (and thus enforcing rules and maybe causing Terrorist out of playoffs) is the main problem, and your option is probably the only good one.
    Trasher> lol hellrazor

  16. #36
    Hellrazor ronaldinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Crisis View Post
    I mean.. That borrow rule is a joke, if you cant get enough people to showup it should be your own fault.
    THIS
    Trasher> lol hellrazor

  17. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    172
    Contrary to "custom" or "what happened 3 years ago" - there is no 24 hour appeal rule. So let's throw that argument straight into the trash where it belongs.

    The rules do, however, go to painstaking lengths to say that you cannot borrow a player if they are rated a 7* in any ship. They also say an illegal line up = forfeit. Thank you to skyforger for being one of the few objective voices in this thread.

    Racka did this in four games, and he won two of them. That's two forfeits. Plain and simple.

    It now transpires that he had ROSTERED PLAYERS that were in the arena and willing to play. Sad!

    Discussions about how effective Destruct were are moot. What is "reasonable" is completely arbitrary. What impact he had is pure conjecture. Rules are rules. They could've played Cyclone, or played 7v8, or tried harder to find a 6*.

    Discussions about what the rules should be, after the fact, are also moot. Personally I think the rules are pretty reasonable and easy to follow. They allow squads to avoid no shows without making TWDT into some farcical, glorified javduel.

    It's not just that Nasty benefited, but that any other teams - my team - that followed the rules, were disadvantaged. That's why rules exist and should be enforced.

  18. #38
    Registered User Trasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    176
    Here are two more screenshots from earlier in the season:

    1) Basing vs Blind. Markmrw (staffer who also happens to be on Blind) says if you've already borrowed you don't need to sub a borrow out: https://imgur.com/4OqWZ8H

    2) Basing vs Power. Kush and Tiny (7* as pointed out by Vys, who is on Power) are borrowed and Cyclone is benched. Henry Saari (Staffer who also happen to be on Power) and Zidane (Power captain) are fine with it. Relevant bits pointed out with red arrows. https://imgur.com/btThtbT

    I would agree that it's shitty to bench Cyclone if he was actually a new player and not someone who's played for 20 years and proven how detrimental he is.

    If staff tells us we can bench him then we bench him. End of story. Sue staff. Start a revolution.
    Violence> lag cheating niggir
    JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
    JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
    mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
    mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick
    Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

  19. #39
    Sig Inspired By Dreamwin Claushouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,367
    Quote Originally Posted by MHz View Post
    Contrary to "custom" or "what happened 3 years ago" - there is no 24 hour appeal rule. So let's throw that argument straight into the trash where it belongs.
    The only thing that belongs in the trash is your team, which couldn't win enough games and doesn't belong in the playoffs.

    You basically got shit on, and instead of taking it like a man, you spent 3 hours sifting through the Scorebox thread fishing for a way to get Nasty disqualified, finding weeks old games where some scrub jav went 40-60 in spider.

    That's fucking pathetic.

    Can you win anything in this game without looking for loopholes or forcing delays?

    24 hour appeal isn't something that randomly happened 3 years ago, it's something that has been consistently applied to leagues for literally decades, to prevent the type of stupid fishing expeditions on display right now.
    S18 TWLB Champ
    S19 TWLB Runner-Up
    S20 TWLD/TWLJ/TWLB Champ
    S21 TWLB Runner-Up
    S8/S9/S10 TWDT-D/TWDT-J/TWDT-B Champ
    S11 TWDT-B Runner-Up
    S12 TWDT-B Champ
    S13 TWDT-B Runner-Up
    S14 TWDT-B Champ
    S16 TWDT-B Runner-Up

  20. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Saari View Post
    Perhaps we can get statement from whoever in Power did lineup for Nasty game to discuss that or why they lost the game.
    LMAOOOO man up to your mistake and dont bring power up in this. Also major makes a VERY valid point that you're doing exactly what i did when you went to beasty and qan crying about my "biased" decisions. Major even got axed for blocking in TSL but now all of a sudden you got what you want you cant snake anyone else. The way we played is none of your concern as to why rules are being broken. Dont bring power into this at all. Final warning.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •