Paintball Tournament?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paintball Tournament?

Hi Folks... I had thought about a paintball league in ?go pb but for starters was thinking about hosting a tournament in there...

So thought id ask a few questions to see if there's interest and style of tournament:

I realize not a big population of trenchwars comes into the forums these days.. so the answers might be a little gilded.. but what the heck...

Format:
    1: 2vs2 or 3vs3 or even 4vs4 (depending on interest of course)

2: simple deathmatch style...
    ----solo deaths (u each get 10 deaths and then your out)
    ----team deaths (team shares deaths so that all stay in till the end of the game) (this is my personal favorite for a couple reasons.. big map.. keeps everyone in and interested for the whole game)

3: Goal Scoring Point Total Game
    could be a 5 or 10 minute game.. with 1 or 2 balls in play... goals score big points so the point total game would indicate the goals scored...

Setup:
    was thinking a couple possibilities
    ---normal event where teams are random
    ---register tournament where you bring your team... have to decide on team size...

Bracket tournament vs Round Robin Tournament ... again amount of interest would be a factor here as well...

Time of day for matches:

--Could just run it as a MidWeek Event.. although the timing might be hard to accomodate

Weekend... wait till TWDT is done or done before it or like a noon or 1pm EST start
    Saturday before Weekend Events which are usually 3pm EST or Sunday before TWDT which is same.. so would be early start again

Anyways.. .Flame away.. if there's an interest id be willing to organize and host it...

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

I think cba with a paintball league, but the event is cool and should be hosted more often.

Comment

Do the tourney type based on attendance, if it gathers 3-4 teams of 4v4 prob go for 2v2 instead etc.

Also hope you do the ball game mode after, that sounds fun! You are doing a great job with these events and this idea is dope! I only wish there was more stuff for non-duelers like the paintball points game or ?go chips or if attendance is good even real basing in ?go boki in the future maybe!

Comment

Originally posted by skyforger View Post
        Do the tourney type based on attendance, if it gathers 3-4 teams of 4v4 prob go for 2v2 instead etc.

Also hope you do the ball game mode after, that sounds fun! You are doing a great job with these events and this idea is dope! I only wish there was more stuff for non-duelers like the paintball points game or ?go chips or if attendance is good even real basing in ?go boki in the future maybe!
        id love to host more basing styled events but simple cant get enough to events.. once fall hits i think next few months should pick up some...
        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Btw thanks Bosshawk for your commitment to event arenas, just personally i would not be interested by your proposition. It is still a shooting game I see no reason to make it a league/tournament. But, I would love to have some kind of race league, with one/some races(s) per week set on a particular day, with a ranking and a winner at the end of the season. Make a medal for it, something different than other leagues medals, like just a little pixels car. I bet some vets would like to have their tiny car medal. I could elaborate something easy for you, could copy most of formula one league structure. It just need a really good arena, or some arenas, to make the calendar. I remember playing a wb race which was great to play, we were plenty and LaSenza won that's what I remember, just to say the race part of trench wars has some potential and you could do a league with it. Could place it on your regular event day, then play other events after races of the day are over. Just an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldinho View Post
            Btw thanks Bosshawk for your commitment to event arenas, just personally i would not be interested by your proposition. It is still a shooting game I see no reason to make it a league/tournament. But, I would love to have some kind of race league, with one/some races(s) per week set on a particular day, with a ranking and a winner at the end of the season. Make a medal for it, something different than other leagues medals, like just a little pixels car. I bet some vets would like to have their tiny car medal. I could elaborate something easy for you, could copy most of formula one league structure. It just need a really good arena, or some arenas, to make the calendar. I remember playing a wb race which was great to play, we were plenty and LaSenza won that's what I remember, just to say the race part of trench wars has some potential and you could do a league with it. Could place it on your regular event day, then play other events after races of the day are over. Just an idea.
            i had originally planned that too haha....
            Tonight is Race Night... Mid Week Events tonight is racing... we have some awesome race tracks.. .many different types.. but the rally tracks are pretty wild... mocks of real tracks... check em out.. they are a chunky download..... the 4 im running tonight ?go indy/calgary/sstone/watkinsglen

But i have used points systems in the past that awards everyone who finishes points trying to keep people in the races.. often they leave as soon as they fall behind...lol...

Comment

Sorry boss but pb wasn't very fun and I don't want to do it again so No is all I am going to say to all of the ideas on this tread.

Comment

Working...
              X