Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zidane View Post
    Completely defeats the purpose of drafting and could be horribly abused
    Unfortunately true, what's the meaning of the draft after this? You can make the best draft ever and have the worst team on league past mid season, I don't goes for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldinho View Post
      BASE

+1 BIET (can't be a 6*)
      -1 Jackie Chan (Need to be a 6 to have opportunities)

+1 Steadman (can't be a 7*)
      -1 Ricko (to choose someone, with downgrade in his ratings he could make a comeback, actually he is a pick to avoid)
      Yeah I agree with these.

Comment

Originally posted by skyforger View Post
        There's probably a smarter way to do it than that first thought, Rab is great at these stat things. The main idea would be to have an unbiased/fair way to fix broken players before playoffs.
        The idea doesn't work. Ratings adjustments could leave a team unable to field a valid lineup (requiring borrowing). There has to be a guarantee to captains that the star rating at draft time is fixed.

I think this thread is sufficient for improving ratings for next season, people are contributing good suggestions.

Comment

There's always going to be some element of strategy of trying to pick the best value for star rating. It's tough when a player is really a 7.5 and a decision needs to be made where they will either get a lot of play time at 7 or not get any in some cases as an 8. There were several people involved in ratings and obviously it wasn't perfect but it never has been... there's always going to be some grey area

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
            There's always going to be some element of strategy of trying to pick the best value for star rating. It's tough when a player is really a 7.5 and a decision needs to be made where they will either get a lot of play time at 7 or not get any in some cases as an 8. There were several people involved in ratings and obviously it wasn't perfect but it never has been... there's always going to be some grey area
            ignore this man...LITERALLY guy is still salty from previous butt whooping he received.
            4:BigKing> xD
            4:Best> i'm leaving chat
            4:BigKing> what did i do???
            4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
            4:BigKing> ???? why though
            4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
            4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Paradise can be easily replaced with Spikey for anything. Say the word
              1:waven> u challenge
              1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
              Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

One problem I have with ratings is that is was closed to the public. If you are going to rate, you need to do it publicly as there is a level of biased, sometimes very small, that can affect things and peoples rating and play time. Show the people doing the ratings and their list
                1:waven> u challenge
                1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                  The idea doesn't work. Ratings adjustments could leave a team unable to field a valid lineup (requiring borrowing). There has to be a guarantee to captains that the star rating at draft time is fixed.

I think this thread is sufficient for improving ratings for next season, people are contributing good suggestions.
                  Perhaps you are right. At the same time the invalid lineup issue can be fixed if we wanted:

Say in wb/jav only have the requirement to field a team not exceeding total star value of 40* at time of game.

A game of (4x 10-stars) vs (4x 7-stars + 2x 6-stars) could be a thing in theory.

EDIT: On a more realistic note, agree with Tiny. Ratings process should be public as much as possible, no good reason not to.
                  Last edited by skyforger; 09-11-2018, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by skyforger View Post
                    Perhaps you are right. At the same time the invalid lineup issue can be fixed if we wanted:

Say in wb/jav only have the requirement to field a team not exceeding total star value of 40* at time of game.

A game of (4x 10-stars) vs (4x 7-stars + 2x 6-stars) could be a thing in theory.
                    This idea could be somewhat interesting but using 1-10 ratings, with still 5v5 but a *cap, which would need some pros to determine, but imo we better keep what we have, I find our system good and all it need as Tiny said is public dialog for ratings, and fix one week before the draft for captaining purpose mostly.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                      One problem I have with ratings is that is was closed to the public. If you are going to rate, you need to do it publicly as there is a level of biased, sometimes very small, that can affect things and peoples rating and play time. Show the people doing the ratings and their list
                      The ratings were published days before the draft and no one commented really on how bad/good it was. And yea, there have been biased ratings for sure. It fucked people their chances of play time. I assume you are partly talking about yourself being 7 in both wb and base. As a 6 star you would have been heavily underrated and you know that as well as I do. You can terr good enough to be a 7, if you were put at a 6, your team could get so much more spider/shark power if you compare it to other teams, its sick. Best example for that is how Heaven and I won TWDTB back in the days, Heaven was a 6 terr in that day.. And I was a 7, we both won it because our spids had more power. Thats the same reason why in my opinion Beam and glyde should have been a 7 in base as well, just because they can shark properly enough.
                      Like you said, its always an opinion anyway.

Zid, mythril and I basicly did the ratings of the main draft on the captain chat. The actual coordinator of this league (hi Henry) didnt setup a thing or whatever. In my eyes it was Henry's job to gather some vets together and let them make a list. For example you, zidane, commodo and steadman could all rate the people on their javskills. Thats how I did it when I ran my TWDT season in 2011. What I am saying is that without coordination you cant expect people to randomly deliver you a list with ratings or w/e. When it comes to signups, the drafts and ratings this is a poor run edition. Just reminds me of the other season Vys and Henry ran the TWDT. FA ratings werent even properly done. And yea.. I dont think it was ideality that the captains did the ratings, because you have those poor underrated guys within them. The only imput Henry had on the ratings was "DONT MAKE TOO MANY 8S IN BASE, I NEED PLAYTIME". The guy forced us to limit the 8s in base, hence why people like Tripin and Steadman are only a 7. But the guy allowed to have 28!!! 28!!!!!! 8s in warbird, while there are the same amount of spots in both leagues for the 8s, but in base you have a bigger chance of playing since more top spots.

What I am trying to say, is that if you want a proper next TWDT season with 'good' ratings, Henry Saari and this whole 'league team' shouldnt be involved with it. The only part they really took care of was starting the bots. You cant even tell them a good job with getting the hosts etc. Often it was myself that said on captains chat that scoreboxes were missing. The only staffer I think did a good job, was/is Wirah. The way he created the site really has some additition to next season, especially if Qan can make scoreboxes upload to there.

Something else I wanna say. People suddenly want Babe Ruth to be higher in wb/jav. Last season he played some with me on Blind and he was a total 'failure'. Remember that he is with a team that carries his ass hard. When a team wins average 50-30 a 6 star doesnt often fall out. When it comes to changing ratings you have to keep in mind how a player would have done on another team.
                      Major Crisis

Comment

What I am trying to say, is that if you want a proper next TWDT season with 'good' ratings, Henry Saari and this whole 'league team' shouldnt be involved with it. The only part they really took care of was starting the bots. You cant even tell them a good job with getting the hosts etc. Often it was myself that said on captains chat that scoreboxes were missing. The only staffer I think did a good job, was/is Wirah. The way he created the site really has some additition to next season, especially if Qan can make scoreboxes upload to there.
                        r we hosting TWDT 2018 winter szn together?
                        3:BOMBED> got donuts
                        3:BOMBED> how jealous
                        3:Heaven> how american
                        3:BOMBED> ??????????
                        3:BOMBED> wtf u suppose to get
                        3:BOMBED> they didnt have any fried goat

Comment

Question before you guys adjust ratings. I never participated this TWDT season but I did think of it the other day. Should we assign ratings on a "zero sum" system? For every upgrade, there should be a downgrade? There should only be X number of 10 stars, 9 stars, 8 stars, etc.
                          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                          Failure teaches success.

Comment

make ratings go from 6-10 (or whatever makes sense) and then add a total star cap to lines instead of star 'slots'

find the per game star cap on a per league basis using math. using the 6-10 rating system we have now it would be something like a 7.5-8* per slot. fracture the current ratings into decimals and then this could work.

i also think that a slightly different rating system that isnt arbitrarily set from 6-10 would work out better too.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

yeah other folks said that already, oops

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                                make ratings go from 6-10 (or whatever makes sense) and then add a total star cap to lines instead of star 'slots'

find the per game star cap on a per league basis using math. using the 6-10 rating system we have now it would be something like a 7.5-8* per slot. fracture the current ratings into decimals and then this could work.

i also think that a slightly different rating system that isnt arbitrarily set from 6-10 would work out better too.
                                We have had that total star cap in the past. It didnt work out at all. It caused too much chaos. Especially now since there arent hosts left who actually check lineups etc.
                                Major Crisis

Comment

Working...
                                X