Proposed ratings changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed ratings changes

I've noticed some ratings that I think should be changed for next season.

This is a place to note them down, so they can be considered, and also for other people to add their suggestions.

Mikkiz - Base rating should change from 10 to 9 (maybe even 8).
    - Still a good terr, but definitely dropped down from his peak.
    - We're talking about max stars, and thix/Ogron are clearly stronger.
    - Generally too defensive position, dropping players too far from the action.
    - Some silliness, suiciding when losing.

Jessup - Jav rating should change from 6 to 7.
    - Would absolutely destroy every other 6 in a 1v1, and most 7s too.
    - Unpopular defensive style might make you think a lower star is fair, but it does help defend against low star hunting.

Comment

Lews Therin +1 across the board
      Rodney +1 across the board
      babe ruth +1 across the board
      Dutch Baser 8 in base
      Tripin 9 in wb
      Lofty 8 in wb
      maketso 9 in jav

Comment

Agree with some but...
        Not a fan of increasing ratings across the board for no apparent reason. My thoughts:

- Lews should be adjusted in WB but not jav yet - he went 1-5 in the only game he played. If he is adjusted then beam should be too - purely on merit of wb skill.
        - Maketso to remain on 8 with season stats 50-48. Best games include 10-4, 9-5. worst 5-10 and two subouts on 1-3 and 0-2 (lag related?). Should maketso however be an 8 wb? guy tore it up
        - Seen babe ruth tearing it up in TWD/elim but just wanted to point out he went 5-10 in his only jav game. Unsure on this one.
        - Steadman 8* wb

Doesn't matter but..
        - Vys 10* wb
        - Beam 10* wb
        - Steadman 10* jav

(thx MC for great overview with stats)

Comment

Yeah, Steadman and beam might be +1 across the board too.

Steadman seems the strongest spider now at 7*, other than Dutch Baser and vys (who can terr too) those also should be bumped up. Beam knows how to shark and by virtue of being a good wb, is better than 6* spiders (base birds is a thing too), meaning his true value is at the very least 7 in base. Jav is more tricky with beam, he might not get played at all at 7, idk.

Comment

just throwing out there that if i got bumped to a 10/7/7 id be unplayable in jav and base and wouldnt show up for wb if i was getting sat in the other 2
            Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

There's got to be a balance between raising and lowering ratings, we don't have new players entering the zone to fill out these spots. It's a numbers game if we want to make twdt successful.

Comment

WB

+1 24 (since I started this game the boy is a leader in wb too, he just dislike this ship but deserve 9)
                -1 Ricko (have no activity so no chance to be good, need a season at 8* to be a good pick and play a part)

+1 Steadman (coulb be a 9 but better do things step by step)
                -1 Zizzo (need one to balance steadman +1, played worse than many 7)

+1 Lews Therin (same as steadman)
                -1 Zizu (to balance too)

+1 maketso (same as stead/lews)
                -1 Jessup (can be an option as 8* in no team, 7 is far enough)

+1 Wirah (showed consistency, which is not a 6* thing)
                -1 Cherry Poppins (to balance, the dude need a season at 6* to have opportunities)

+1 babe ruth (same as wirah)
                -1 LucifersWarcraft (Not an attack at all, I'm just lookin stats and trust me you would enjoy more the 6*)

-1 Henry Saari (a kind of jessup but jessup is far better)
                +1 M_M God (to balance)

JAV

+1 Jessup (agree with you, the dude have too much experience in that ship he cant be a 6*)
                -1 Iam (dunno who to chose, the dude is more a wb I think and got no chance with 7* jav imo)

BASE

-1 Mikkiz (agree with you too)
                +1 Mythril (could give it to him, some performances in shark are really impressive, as his famous cram bombings)

+1 Tripin (a bless for every team, pushing hard, not looking at recs but at how to help)
                -1 A- (to choose someone)

+1 BIET (can't be a 6*)
                -1 Jackie Chan (Need to be a 6 to have opportunities)

+1 Steadman (can't be a 7*)
                -1 Ricko (to choose someone, with downgrade in his ratings he could make a comeback, actually he is a pick to avoid)

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
                  There's got to be a balance between raising and lowering ratings, we don't have new players entering the zone to fill out these spots. It's a numbers game if we want to make twdt successful.
                  I'd venture to say it's good for TWDT to slowly move more people out of 6* as they improve. As it is we have a ton of 6-stars who sign up and many won't get a chance to play ever, maybe as a borrow, why would they keep logging on? Someone new or say wicket666 or Hellrazor (no shots fired) won't get a shot ever, as long as way better players like beam or babe ruth or even Jessup is 6-stars.

It is also pretty shitty of some people to seek low star ratings that make them sure starters in 3 divisions, when the majority of low star TWDT signups aren't starters in not even one division.

Comment

We doing this for real or just talk that gets ignored? I’ll try it out.

This is all relative to activity for the most part as players have a tendency to go up or down 1 depending on how busy their life is during the season.
                    Javs
                    Power (No wonder they are so strong)

Ro 8 - > 9
                    Tripin 7 -> 8

Jessup 6 -> 7
                    Babe ruth 6 -> 7
                    Blind

Mvp 6 -> 7

Finite 6 -> 7
                    Terrorist

nothing that sticks out
                    Nasty

Same

Legio XI

Steadman 9 -> 9.5
                    Fork 8 -> 7
                    Rodney 6 -> 7

Curse

The Recipe 6 -> 7
                    1:waven> u challenge
                    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Just a quick thought.

It would be an interesting twist for next TWDT to have dynamic ratings based on stats.

Something along the lines:

- Went positive in 2 games in a row as a 6-star? Bump to 7-stars
                      - Went positive in 3 games in a row as a 7-star? Bump to 8-stars
                      - Went negative in 2 games in a row as a 9-star? Dump to 8-stars
                      -etc

Would force teams to play more of their roster as their top choices enter hot streaks and get bumped up. Currently it is like the first rounds of the draft matter and the rest is mehhh, that would change somewhat. Having broken ratings at start, which happens every season, would matter less.

Comment

Lol ratings that change during the season, now there's one of the dumber ideas I've heard recently. Completely defeats the purpose of drafting and could be horribly abused

Comment

I like your idea sky but not your idea. Maybe a variation of it, but multiple changes could happen with your proposed on a single player.

Originally posted by MHz
                          Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

There's probably a smarter way to do it than that first thought, Rab is great at these stat things. The main idea would be to have an unbiased/fair way to fix broken players before playoffs.

Comment

By the way, there should be ratings done by a committee, I will volunteer as a jav helper, and ratings should be out a week before the draft. They should be reviewed by the public as well. I for one feel peoples pain in regards to ratings that ruin a season, ie. my wb rating. You should be able to appeal a rating....I got bumped in 2 leagues and made me useless and never got to play.

I will cap if another season happens, but there better not be any of this trade regulation and limit bullshit. Did we have any trades?

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Working...
                              X