X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming TWRC Season!

Hi folks!

I'm happy to announce that we have been doing some work on the original bots in the original TWRC plan and at this point we are putting on some finishing touches of being ready for a TrenchWars Racing Cup season.

For the first season we're going to not get too complicated we are looking at a 7-week RallyRace season of One race per week with a Champions Cup race of all the winners and top point-getters....so I will definitely be looking for input as to whether Saturday or Sunday I'm thinking of time around 2 p.m. or 3 p.m. Eastern Standard Time

We will have a lot more information available soon.... Just thought for now I get a little teaser out there get people thinking about it!
    Last edited by Bosshawk; 09-18-2018, 09:03 PM.
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

A few teaser screenshots on some of the bot communication on laps and times!

Race Start:
    http://prntscr.com/kw0pem

Lap Info... Tells your place and laptime:

http://prntscr.com/kw0psx

End of Race.. Placing and Best Laptime (i was only one but shows more places with more )

http://prntscr.com/kw0q44
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Ok looking for feedback on what guys might like best....

Ideally the season will be like posted above... 7 race season with 1 race per week...you have the week to practice on upcoming course... either sat or sun... im thinking 2 or 3pm EST would like to be able to let both sides of the world be able to race....and then a Cup Race of the winners plus top "X" points getters that didnt win an event to round out the field..

Question 1: Race Length...

for individual hosting have usually done 3 laps... but my thoughts are this doesnt allow much room on car selection... or strategy involving when and how much to pit......and the whole race done within about 10 mins....

if its going to be a league or cup i think we should make it a little tougher and make people focus for longer... so you make a small mistake you might be able to get back into it if someone else makes a mistake...

i was thinking at least 10 laps...

depending on the track you are anywhere from 50sec to 1m45 per lap... even at 10 laps thats only a 10min event....maybe even 15 laps...
      question is if someone falls behind do you feel they would just quit? or would they stick it out knowing they are earning points on the season?
      is that too long to have to stay focused for a game? lol

Question 2: Owners Cup

I had the thought of an Owners/Developers Cup whatever the name might become... where you squadjoined a raceteam for signup... would be separate from TWD so you would not have to stay squadjoined...but then points earned for your race team goes to a team cup kinda thing.. maybe "X" amount of top drivers from each squad count each week..... with a cap on team size...

Is this something that guys would have interest in ? or waste of time....?
      Thoughts on incorporating this.. as i posted or open to other ideas too

At the end of the day setting these up are for the enjoyment of the Zone.. if guys have no interest thats cool....Looking to have icons for trophy's like the other leagues and maybe even Pub Bux prizes for winners and seasons ect...

So rather then here after rules are set.. "thats dumb"... or "why didnt u do this" id love to get feedback for consideration ahead of time and hopefully create a good time for all!

Comment

Great job so far Boss. Really happy someone finally stepped up and decided to make this racing thing happen.

However, I got some pointers for you from my past experience and from when I wanted to do such a league.

1.) Qualifying - people always wanted to do this before the race itself. For example, you decide to do the race on Sunday at 6 pm EST. Then you could do a qualifying at 4 pm EST and let people post their best times for an hour until 5 pm. Then either make groups of fastest drivers (if you get more than 20 people playing for example, else not necessary) or just put the first 10 on the grid and how they start and the rest just starts from the pit or somewhere else.

2.) Points - people won't give up if they have a goal to work towards. So, if there is a lot of interest, give the first 10 (or even 15) players that cross the line points. Can do it normally, so 15-1 points, or maybe like in most racing leagues around the world: 1st place - 25 points, 2nd place - 20 points, 3rd place - 16 points, 4th place- 13 points, 5th place - 11 points etc.

3.) Make the races a little bit longer, but not too long. It should depend on each map tho. For example, if a lap on map A is 1 minute long, do 15 laps. If a lap on map B is 3 minutes long, do 7-8 laps. You get the idea.

Those are just my 2 cents from past experiences. Hope it helps!
        "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
        Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
        Dral>I can get implants

Comment

i appreciate the feedback.... i had thought about doing qualifying... and putting guys in the grid... but with the ships being so close.... putting the top at the front of the pack just gives them even more of an advantage.... in a real race..u have to maneuver around cars to improve position where here u can drive right through them... thus... i thought an even start across the starting line will be suitable...to be honest it would be great to get 10-20 solid interested individuals... but not seeing lot of interest so far....

so my thought was the track would be announced in advance so you would have a week to practice it all you want.. might even be able to have a bot set so u could time your practice laps ect.... working on that one on how to make it usable like that... but still separate from the races.... years ago we might have needed the qualifying more so... if there was too many drivers...

as it stands... using the point setup structure that was created 15 years ago by the guys that started twrc.. so top 10 get points... plus if u lead a lap in the race u get 2 points and if you lead the most laps in the race u get 2 points...

i do like your idea about number of laps related to the track... so you feel 15mins start to finish is roughly a decent timeframe? so could range from 12-18 laps kinda thing lol...

Comment

Yeah, no worries man. Just brainstorming here with you. And yes, 15 mins of racing is more than enough. More than that and people get bored.
            "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
            Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
            Dral>I can get implants

Comment

this is stupid host a real league
              Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post
                this is stupid host a real league
                This post bothered me for a while, but I haven't been drunk and thinking about it until now. Guy's not a TW leagues player AFAIK. He was just trying to do something to help a portion of the zone that some people (not you) enjoy. Go kiss the wind, ya noop
                "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

lol thanks qan... i figured i didnt have anything nice to say so i held my replies lol.....

on a side note.. i apologize for hyping it up late last year and then real life got ahold of me... i had hoped to have it running before i had to go back to full time work....

once may hits ill be back on full time again and hoping to do 2 diff styles of tracks.. lap tracks and sprint tracks which will be one long track

i did upload one track thats a lap track before i left... ?go whisky but remember without the bots in there the pits dont work so if u use your thrust at all and drop your gas level u will have to exit the zone to leave the map or else have a staff full charge you to get into spec...

any of you racers with ideas they might like to see always love to hear them... cant always keep everyone happy but if its stuff we can implement then for sure we will!

cheers all... will see yo more soon!

Comment

ok this post got put in a subsection of the forum so I didn't see these replies for 2 months but when I posted, the forum had just been updated and this was the only main league forum and it seemed like this was going to be the big upcoming league (before twl was announced) that would happen after twdt so I apologize for making incorrect assumptions and I would never bash someone for hosting an event that doesn't affect me
                    Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

alll good..... im about 5 weeks from opening my trailer May 10th and i hope to get back to working on a TWRC hopefully for this upcoming summer if we can find a hole between other leagues and theres interest! I know you medal chasers all want a TWRC Race Car Trophy on their page!

Ps. Biet my man! lol hope you didnt shelf the Racebot! lol

Comment

I was debating between starting a new thread or continuing this one... so chose this one lol.

We have been fine tuning a few things.. and hopefully solved one of our bugs... just waiting on one more little tweak to a bot and we should be able to give this a run!

Just a nice distraction between other leagues.. without a big time commitment just some fun racing competition.

So for those that have not heard of it:

TWRC: TrenchWars Racing Cup!

We have 8 solid Rally tracks for racing. (i realize the diehards love the non rally tracks too... but thats for a different day!)

The tracks are: ?go indy/calgary/911speedway/watkinsglen/sstone/infineon/racerfest/whisky

I have put another post up if you prefer to highspeed download them all at once and drop them in your TW Zone folder its a little zip with all the lvl and lvz. Much faster then downloading each in game.

Bot will start and run races.. time them.. record your laps and fastest laps and times.. and places.. and assign points based on Laps Leading, Most Laps led....Top 10 placement ranked 1-x

Looking at 1 race per week with either 7 weeks in a row with the 8th being a Championship Race you have to qualify for.. or 8 weeks and then a Championship.

Other options... like to gauge interest would be whether guys want to make Racing squads...like an Owners Trophy.. maybe 3 guys or 4 max on a team with top 2 or 3 counting points towards a separate cup.

Just looking to create a competitive fun environment (who knows maybe a lil trash talkin' :O

Word of Advice: for now if you go into those arenas.. the pits do not give full charge other then one of them... those happen from the bot during races... so if you are using thrust.. u will get stuck and have to either leave the zone or ask in help for someone to come spec you lol during the races its not a problem.

Looking to see who is interested... let me know either in game or here... and will draw up a racelist asap. Like i said just hoping to catch one more little bug we are working on!

Ideally would like to start within the next month!

Comment

Working...
                        X